Holden Commodore

803 questions from our users

Damien W.

Damien W.asked

Commodore VX (2000-2002)

Can you start a vx without a alternator and no radiator

Cliff P.

Cliff P.asked

Commodore VY (2002-2004)

How much engine oil does the engine take with filter

Ron S

Ron Sasked

VF (Sedan) (2013-2017)

My Link screen on 2014 Commodore Evoke has just started fading in and out for long periods, which means the reverse camera is not functioning. It is just out of 5 year warranty.

Trisha C.

Trisha C.asked

Commodore VF (2013-2017)

Hi Good Day i have vf commodore 2015 model sedan my battery new alternator is 2nd hand while my engine is on 14.5. Then drop to 12.3.please help what is problem

KATHY SPITERI

KATHY SPITERIasked

Commodore VF (2013-2017)

What does it mean when a Battery with the numbers 14.9 comes up on the instrument panel?

Kelly B.

Kelly B.asked

Commodore VY (2002-2004)

My Holden wagon when I drive it my warning brake light comes on but when I put my foot on the brakes it goes off but getting a burning smell and smoke come from back Tyers
My brakes failed 3 months ago and i took it to a machanic and $300 latter they apparently fixed it What could it be plz help I have to travel for food shopping and I have 2 young kids

Stew

Stewasked

Commodore VF (2013-2017)

I've had a flat battery in my vf Calais and now my radio/ infotainment centre doesn't work?

Grant

Grantasked

Commodore VF (2013-2017)

i have an occasional chime sound in my VF SV6, Can anyone tell me what this might be, Thanks Grant.

William M.

William M.asked

Commodore VE (2006-2013)

How to tell if drivers door actuator fuse is blown

William M.

William M.asked

Commodore VE (2006-2013)

How can I tell if the fuse for the drivers door actuator is blown ?

GlenF

GlenFasked

Commodore VF (2013-2017)

Hi. I recently purchased a 2017 VF SV6 Series 2 sedan. The car only has the one key.
My question is, how do you open the car if the car locks whilst the key is in the vehicle?

Michael012

There are various online forum reports of VF Commodores (particularly the wagon) self-locking with the keys left inside the vehicle. Without access to a spare key the local auto club or a locksmith would then be required. Perhaps you could discuss this problem with Holden. You may be able to turn off the auto lock function in the MyLink settings? Otherwise always keep the key in your pocket (which is what I always do)!

Sara A.

Sara A.asked

Commodore VS (1995-1997)

I have a 95 VS Calais, the last couple of months, the dash lights have started to flicker and some times the engine will cut out.. I have replaced the battery and the alternator with brand new ones.. And the problem is still continuing..

Anyone else having or have had this issue, or any ideas on what the problem may be?

Jen

Jenasked

Commodore

Which models are rear wheel drive?

Michael012

All Commodore models are rear wheel drive although there was an Adventra V8 wagon version in the early 2000's which was all wheel drive. There are no front wheel drive variants.

Shellharbour F.

Shellharbour F.asked

Commodore VZ (2004-2006)

having promblems with vz 2005 commodore sometimes i go to start it and theres nothing its like the immoblize is on buy the time i mess around with the key trying to get to flashing pad lock off i go to start it then it sounds like its a flat battery
some people are telling me i have to get the key re coded and some are saying its the battery

Chooks
Chooks

Check the earth connections.

hale t.

hale t.asked

Commodore VE (2006-2013)

Heya, why does a holden commodore ve turn off when driving?

Nicole

Nicoleasked

Commodore VE (2006-2013)

Hi I have a 2011 series 2 sport wagon and my ABS LIGHT/stability control comes on and clunking in the breaks dose anyone know how I would go about fixing the problem.

glen s

glen sasked

Commodore VE (2006-2013)

how do you replace (remove) the stability control/sp switch in the center console (front of gear stick)

Davovxss

Davovxssasked

Commodore VX (2000-2002)

I have a vxss, where is the starter motor ?

Sheena W.

Sheena W.asked

Commodore VF (2013-2017)

Has anyone upgraded their MyLink system because it is crap? I’ve been quoted $3800 for an Alpine system. I just want any system with ApplePlay but they are telling me I will lose some functions, such as heated seats.

Mike K.

Mike K.asked

Commodore VT (1997-2000)

hey ppls.. when i go to start my vt it wont start nothing at all?? ive got blinkers headlights and stuff but nothing on the Cluster my trip meter doesnt even show ive got a new battary but still no start does anyone have any Ideas as ive just plced 6 more mths of rego on it and now its just sitting for the last 2 mths....