23Holden Cruze

Holden Cruze Questions & Answers

Nigel G.
Nigel G. · JH (Hatchback) SRi Z-Series (2012-2016)

Hi 2016 z series turbo problems I've paid $1600 for a turbo replacement 12 weeks now I now have this mess I'm pretty sure this doesn't look right also it says 1.3 fuse on the turbo and as I said mine is a 1.6 it was a simple turbo replacement I asked for as stick as possible but the best U can get to original as car went quick anyway stock 37099 km I'm so frustrated Its obviously not connected as U can see and vacume and wires not happy anyone care to comment helpful advice would be appreciated I don't think the guy is gonna do the righty so where to fromm here anyone "Holden Cruze Questions | ProductReview.com.au" https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/holden-cruze/q-and-a

Joel M.
Joel M. · Cruze JG (2008-2011)

Sorry my 2011 JG fit with a 2010 JH drivers door that will fit ?

Joel M.
Joel M. · Cruze JG (2008-2011)

I have a JG 2011 will a 2010 door from a JH fit?

lewis r.
lewis r. · JH (Sedan) Z Series (2012-2016)

is Holden Cruze 2014 1.8L (base model z-zeries) only one that is reliable out of all?

I did some research and i found site that my car "one reliable package" that is 100% exactly same car as mine. that it all was great reviews not a single negative comments!
I also noticed that 2009-2012 is lemon and but i think they have improved by 2013-currently, i think?

0022/03: I took massive risk brought a Cruze after million of negative options and reviews but my gut keeping telling me this 'this is the one' when i test drove a one and brought it next 2 days and one my friend got one too not long after me, their was 2010 and had been TERRIBLE.

Kyle
Kyle · Cruze

Has anyone had automatic transmission issues with a 2015 or 2016 with the updated grill? Apparently it’s very common in the previous models but I’m looking into a 2015 or 2016 Equipe model just hoping no one’s had trouble with their auto transmission 1.8l

jollyjan
jollyjan · Cruze JG (2008-2011)

We have had a lot of trouble with our holden cruze 2009 model bu we are battling with having to replace the coolant bottle every couple of months. We went to my mums about halk hour drive and when we came out the coolant was running all over her drive. We travelled home and when we pulled in our drive it just all came out on out drive in big puddles. So sick of this car. We are on old age pensions and can't afford this car when all these things keep happening. Can anyone enlighten me whats going on? Thanks

Heather F.

It's defective & Holden won't admit their defective models. Mines a 2011 the only things that have not been replaced is the actual engine, chassis & panels

Fee
Fee · Cruze

Hey guys,I bought a 2012 cruze,1.4lt T.
Have driven it for 12 months, without issue.
All of a sudden it,shuts down while driving, won't start until it cools down. Nothing coming up on computer, Mechanic doesn't know what's wrong with it. Please help?

Heather F.

Get rid of it NOW, mine was the biggest waste of money in my life, nothing but trouble and no one can ever figure out what is wrong. Mine is now sitting in the drive unregistered needing a new power steering rack. This is after the dealer having to replace just about everything to get all the lights on the dash to go off. Mine's a 2010 and even the wreckers don't want it

Lyn H.
Lyn H. · JH (Hatchback) SRi Z-Series (2012-2016)

Service car soon is coming on and as it is automatic start and I haven’t an owners manual is there a way of reset. It has had another motor put in

Mathew S.
Mathew S. · Cruze

How to open boot if button on key is broken

Mathew S.
Mathew S. · Cruze

Hi,I can't open my boot as button is broken

My Holden Cruze whines over but don't start

My 2011 Holden Cruze. Whines over but don't start

Stuart S. · Cruze

My 2011 Holden Cruze. Whines over. But dont start.

Cuddie
Cuddie · Cruze

black smoke

Bitter M.
Bitter M.

Piston rings. Do a compression test.

Cuddie
Cuddie · Cruze

black smoke

MWas
MWas · Cruze

Under a cover on top of motor there is a rail thingy ? that sits on spark plugs ? I took a photo and it says Short boot with a number but cant find the part because I don't know what its called ?what is that bloody thing called because Im hoping thats whats wrong with engine light staying on, traction control won't turn off and its misfiring to the point of driving it off a cliff.... frustrated cruze owner

Phil
Phil · Cruze JG (2008-2011)

Hi. I have a 2010 Holden Cruze with an engine overheating issue (no coolant flow). We had an issue with oil in the coolant so we changed the engine oil cooler. Put it back together and filled with water and ran for a short while to circulate the water as we added a cleaning agent to get rid of the oil residue. Noticed that it didn't take much water. Found we had to bleed the air out at the top of the radiator. Ran it up and I noticed that the hose from the thermostat outlet wasn't getting water through it. Checked thermostat and found in didn't open when put in a boiling pan so replaced this.

Ran it up again and same problem. No coolant flow. This was backed up by the fact that the fans came on but the air was cold coming through the radiator. Removed water pump and didn't find any issues here. Pump was dropped and broke so replace pump as a result. Put back together and with same result. Had turned heater on but cold air coming out even though engine was at operating temp. Had to stop test as engine getting hot. Still no coolant flow. Please offer any suggestions?

Phil

Don't worry. I sorted it out for myself. The issue was trapped air. The only way I could fix this was to connect a T-Piece into the water heater hose and pressure feed the system using the garden hose. While doing this I opened the top vent plug on the radiator. I pressurized it until it cracked the reservoir cap relief. Fired up the engine and ran it up. Now I was getting water circulating. Ran up and temps came up, thermostats open and all good.

reg  rintoul
reg rintoul · Cruze JG (2008-2011)

Have code P O 304 showing as cylynder 4 misfire

Graham D
Graham D · JH (Sedan) SRi-V (2012-2016)

Hi, need some help, I have a Holden 11/2011 JH Cruze SRI-V 1.4i Ti Turbo Induction Sedan it has 126,000 K's on the clock drives really well and very clean for it's year. Having issue with push button start ignition, some times it just won't work, all the lights come on but will not go to start stage, engine management light comes on, I wait for a short while for system to reset but it does it over and over then all of a sudden it will work. Thought it might be battery, put a new one in and changed battery in remote thinking maybe it was not picking up the remote signal, but still giving me issues. I have checked on line and have not seen anyone with this problem. Do you or anyone have any suggestions as to what it might be?

Graham D.
Graham D. · Cruze JG (2008-2011)

My speedo is reading incorrectly 40k is actually 60k how do l fix this

Get an answer from our members and Holden representatives

Select a listing for your question
Holden Cruze