Homemaker Pie Maker

Homemaker Pie Maker

See the Best Novelty / Snack Makers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

LOVE!

Seriously makes life so much easier, I put the fillings I want in a slow cooker while I do other things and then fill in the pie maker with Pampas puff pastry and the filling and is done in 10 minutes. My niece doesn't like the filling so I make a pie shell for her and she just can't get enough. Downside is the singed areas to the white plastic in some areas but can't complain for $29

Purchased in April 2019 at Kmart for $29.00.

Be warned

Purchased this morning, followed all First Time Use instructions, lovely apple pies cooked to perfection BUT sides of white lid discoloured as if singed. Just posting this review to warn others and perhaps get a suggestion as to why this happened. As stated above, it cooked the pies very well.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Cheap but works a treat!

Easy to use, simple and clear instructions and works well. The outcome (the pies) are close to perfect - for first timer like I am. Red to indicate it's heating up and green means good to go! Green will come and go while the pie maker maintains the heating cycle.
I bought this by using my flybuy dollars so it's all worth it. One round of four pies is good enough to feed a small family.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

SIMPLY BRILLIANT

I love a good steak and kidney pie but very few bakers bake them these days.
I have been making my own in pie dishes and cooking them in the oven.
Cooking time is 45 minutes.
So I decided to buy a pie maker from Kmart as it cooked 4 pies and only cost $29.00 to buy.
Same as any pie making, first you must prepare and cook your filling and use a quality pastry. I use Pampas.
So far I have made..
Steak and kidney, shortcrust on the bottom and puff for the top....7 minutes...result....perfect pies.
Apple and rhubarb, shortcrust on the bottom and puff for the top...perfect pies again in 7 minutes.
Apple and rhubarb, shortcrust for the base and I just piled up crumble mixture on top. Perfect apple crumble pies.
This Kmart pie maker does exactly what it is supposed to do.
It heats up quickly, it cooks evenly and produces a perfect pie in minutes and wipes clean so easily.
Thank you Kmart for another great appliance, it is as good as my 4 litre digital deep fryer.
I going to buy a Kmart bread maker next.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Tradie lunches for $1.00

Having perfected this artform- put flour on outside of pastry and cook base 5 mins first,then filling,and floured pastry lid.Esp good cheese and spinach,egg and bacon.Using leftovers,even spaghetti and chopped pasta.A endless variety for $1.00 or less a pie.Brilliant

There are a lot of people cooking sweet things such as cakes and they can put their filling in for a while without burning whereas others including myself ours burns within minutes even without preheating before filling up the pie maker. I’ve read this is a fault with the pie maker elements heating up too fast is that right? If so can I return?
If you have your receipt Kmart would take it back!

The instruction book says the pie maker comes with pastry cutters. Mine did not. Are there supposed to be pastry cutters included?
Yes there is. Just a single pastry cutter, one side is smaller than the other (top and bottom of pie)

Can you cook just two pies only??
4 at a time! It’s so efficient