Kmart Pie Maker

MPN: KP2838-FP

4.4

JennycGippsland, VIC

Amazing little gadget

Haven’t stopped using this since purchased. Cooks quickly, is so adaptable and cleans easily. Pies, muffins, everything turns out beautifully. Recommended it to my daughter and she loves it too!

Purchased in September 2020 at Kmart for A$39.00.

mel22

mel22Sydney, NSW

Great until it started to fall apart

I loved this pie maker and so did the kids. That was until I couldn't get a nice seam around the pies. It simply wouldn't close properly. After giving it a wipe down (ie preparing for eternal storage) I found a screw lodged in the back which prohibited the pie maker from closing. Now that I found my problem, I tried to screw it back into place but the screw just keeps going around in circles.
I've now lost the diac cutter so that is a little frustrating but otherwise it is great. The pies cook beautifully and it's a breeze to coom with and clean up. Would still recommend to others

Purchased in March 2020 at Kmart for A$29.00.

Chloe

ChloeSouth East Queensland, QLD

MUST BUY IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE ALREADY!

Kmart Pie makers are so quick and easy to use. They are great for when you have leftover food. All you have to do is get a piece of pastry, put it into the machine with the leftover food inside and is cooks you an awesome pie. MUST BUY IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE ALREADY!

nurn1004

nurn1004

Great pies that are easy to make

Great sized pies and cooks them evenly and well. Has non stick surface. Does get hot and the sides discolour from the steam but I love it for its versatility (have cooked eggs, mini quiches and cupcakes in them too!) and great for small servings! Only wish it had an on-off button so I could cool it down between pies rather than turning it on/off at the PowerPoint.

Purchased in March 2020 at Kmart for A$39.00.

William

WilliamSydney, NSW

I dont know how I never had one before!

Its awesome, have made beef pies, chicken pies, vanilla slices, mini cob loaves! So many yummy recipes on youtube. Heats up fast and cooks beautifully. Includes a cutter to cut the pastry also which is something I never thought about. Very happy thanks Kmart!

Purchased in May 2020 at Kmart Retail Stores for A$29.00.

John W

John WGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cutter diameters

FYI if you lose the cutter, the measurements for tops and bases are 95mm Tops and 105mm Base. I couldn't find these measurements on the internet so I posted them here once the Mrs had a girl look and finally found our cutter!

Purchased in April 2019 at Kmart for A$30.00.

Margaret D

Margaret DCentral, SA

Not just a pie maker

Very handy, have used for sweet & savoury pies, variety of small cakes, ham & cheese scrools, mini pizza - great in hot weather as it doesn't heat up room like the oven does. Only downside is that it could be a bit deeper so you get more filling in pies.

Purchased in January 2020 at Kmart for A$29.00.

MiaEllen

MiaEllenPerth, WA

Quick and easy

Easy to use, easy to clean just needs a wipe. cooks the pies evenly and quickly.
Pies dont stick or burn. Great size pies.
Very versatile in what can be cooked - pies, quiches, desserts etc.

Purchased in June 2019 at Kmart for A$20.00.

Lorraine

Lorraine

Best $29 ive ever spent!

This pie maker is amazing. Im addicted to it. Great for turning leftovers into gourmet pies. I find the pampas ready rolled pastry is the best. I am amazed at how good it works considering it is low priced. Highly recommend this product.

Purchased at Kmart Retail Stores for A$29.00.

Toni

ToniSouth East Queensland, QLD

K-Mart Anko Pie Maker for Bakery Looking PIES Every Time!

Purchased in July 2019 at Kmart Online Store for A$29.00.

Kezza

KezzaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Kmart pie maker

Makes pies,muffins,cupcakes,frittata,bacon and eggs!!!For $29.00,you can't go wrong. What an awesome little product for all of the family to use and it is fast cooking as well, winning for all perfect

Purchased in August 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for A$29.00.

PEGASUS

PEGASUS

So Convenient And Practical.

Bought Kmart's Home & Co 4 Pie Maker. This pie maker is very quick, practical and easy to use. Allows you to also make much healthier and economical pies or muffins.

Purchased in March 2019 at Kmart Corio Central Geelong for A$29.00.

bevanm

bevanmHobart, TAS

Great for Low Carb diets

The pie maker makes the best poached eggs. Even better is the easy clean up. They just slide out of the pie maker and then you wipe it over with paper towel. And if you are sick of plain eggs on your lo-carb meal plan just drop in some chopped mushroom, spinach, ham and grated cheese. Then whisk an egg with equal amount of your milk of choice and pour over. (Makes 2). Perfect for breakfast or lunch! Great appliance for the low price of $29.

Purchased in June 2019 at Kmart Rosny for A$29.00.

Vicki

VickiSydney, NSW

Perfect Egg Maker!

This machine is the absolute best machine for making poached eggs. Each morning I simply crack an egg into one of the spaces....no added water, no added oil or butter. It cooks to perfection in minutes, so you simply need to cook your toast at the same time. Cleaning up is even easier. Just needs a simple wipe out with a cloth! Couldn't find a better machine for breakfast making. Its also fantastic for pies, but for eggs its the absolute BEST.

Purchased in April 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for A$29.00.

jillibor

jilliborMid North Coast, NSW

Very happy with my piemaker

I love my pie maker. I don’t use pastry in it - it makes great muffins, quiche and cooks eggs and bacon perfectly. I’ve used mine daily for six months and it’s worked perfectly. The price is great too. My only negative comment is that the little tracks at the sides can be hard to clean.

Purchased in February 2019 at Kmart for A$29.00.

Susan N.

Susan N.Sydney, NSW

LOVE!

Seriously makes life so much easier, I put the fillings I want in a slow cooker while I do other things and then fill in the pie maker with Pampas puff pastry and the filling and is done in 10 minutes. My niece doesn't like the filling so I make a pie shell for her and she just can't get enough. Downside is the singed areas to the white plastic in some areas but can't complain for $29

Purchased in April 2019 at Kmart for A$29.00.

Colleen

ColleenSouth West, WA

Be warned

Purchased this morning, followed all First Time Use instructions, lovely apple pies cooked to perfection BUT sides of white lid discoloured as if singed. Just posting this review to warn others and perhaps get a suggestion as to why this happened. As stated above, it cooked the pies very well.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Jas

JasLiverpool

I now make the best tasting pies!

So glad I bought this. I tend to make pies every second day now lol. It makes a great pantry on the pastry. They’re ready easier and quicker than a cheese melt. I’ve gotten everybody I know hooked onto these. Great value for money. It’s also non stick and it’s extremely easy to clean. Just a quick wipe down and pop it back into the cupboard!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Adrienne M

Adrienne MSydney

Great way to make other things aside from pies

We purchased this to make donuts, the latest craze to hit the internet. It was efficient and easy to use. It heated quickly, easy to wash and easy to store in a cupboard. I do think you have to check these products though before you bring them home. A good buy!

Date PurchasedJun 2018
darahhitam

darahhitamMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Cheap but works a treat!

Easy to use, simple and clear instructions and works well. The outcome (the pies) are close to perfect - for first timer like I am. Red to indicate it's heating up and green means good to go! Green will come and go while the pie maker maintains the heating cycle.
I bought this by using my flybuy dollars so it's all worth it. One round of four pies is good enough to feed a small family.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Carol Lasked

Have just purchased the Pie maker, works well, enjoyed the pies & quiches, & the teflon cleans easily but when I lifted it up to after cleaning it, oil ran out through the holes in the bottom, so I have left it on the bench sitting on paper towel. Does anyone have this problem, I am wondering if you can undo the 2 screws at the back & left up the bottom plate to clean underneath.

Jennyc

Hi Carol, not sure why you have this problem. I don’t use any oil when cooking (it’s not needed with the non stick plates) and I don’t overfill the plates so there is no overflow. I wouldn’t remove the screws as it might void your warranty. And don’t submerge the appliance in water. Hope this is of some help, although I’m not sure how you can solve your problem.

Carol L

Hi Jenny, thank you for your answer, no Neil didn't use any oil, so it had to have come out of the mince mixture he made or the pastry, he used shortcrust on the bottom, puffed on the top & only put in 1/4 cup of mixture as per the receipe, No I just wiped with paper towel, Bit of a mystery.

CCC

CCCasked

No matter what pastry/bread/wrap I use they all burn top and bottom. I am fast thinking it is faulty.
Carol

Terry S

Terry Sasked

The pie maker works well but the cutter is pretty useless - at least it is on commercial pastry sheets. Even fully thawed sheets. I use it as a template and then have to cut the pastry with scissors. Any ideas?

CategoryPie Makers