HP OfficeJet Pro 8020e All-in-One

HP OfficeJet Pro 8020e All-in-One

MPN: 229X1D
See the Best Printers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by HP

1.1
  • Ink Cartridge Longevity
  • Reliability
  • Printing Speed

Johannes
Johannes

Scam of ripping people off for ink cartridges - bought it and then threw it in the bin

Great looking machine - however the cost of ink cartridges makes it useless - a rip off with HP. This aspect is entirely eco friendly - What a threat to Global Warming. HP cartridges are the only ones you can use - no recycling whatsever

Purchased in for $200.

The me.
The me.

No. No.

Says it has a printer jam but no jam what do i do i dont like it it doesnt even let me navigate the included menus at all and stays on a menu screen saying that theres a jam.

Is the printer judging me?

Robert
RobertSouth East Queensland, QLD

30 years of HP frustration

Purchased in for $499.

Carl C.
Carl C.South East Queensland, QLD

I am a long time HP printer supporter - but the 8020 is TERRIBLE!

Printer connectivity is flakey, and print has to be restarted far too often.
The HP Smart app is slow and cumbersome to do simple scans.
It's missing scan to folder which I used to have on my previous HP which allow a simple scan a document to a network folder.

Purchased in for $199.

Andrei
AndreiSydney, NSW

Worst Printer Ever, I almost had a divorce due to this POS

I have had over 10 printers in the past many in the 8 series and I have noticed that over the past 7 years the quality has gone down the drain. The plastic panels on the printer dont feel solid they feel like they are made of recycled dildos. The printer jams everytime I send more than 3 pages to print, the print quality is horrible and the app doesnt work on ios. How the hell can you go a decade back in terms of printer technology when you are 7 years into the future it makes no sense. Would only recommend to a company that I want to sabotage.

Purchased in at Officeworks for $219.

Piece of garbage never again will I buy HP.

Absolute crap.
Thought it would be an esay install printer for home office, I ended up removing it and putting it in the cupboard never to be used. If anyone out there wants a paper weight let me know because it sure doesnt work as a printer.
Im going back to Brother or epson

Piece of Garbage!!!!

The paper loader is flimsy and easily breaks! It will not connect easily to my phone or computer! HP just lost a lot of money because I will not use them for ink now!!

Purchased in at walmart.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Robert B.
Robert B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I would give it zero if I could

Chews ink, awful quality, very user unfriendly. It’s like HP contracted this one out to the cheapest provider and had no quality control. So annoyed with this thing. Do not buy one.

Purchased in .

Libby S
Libby SCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Too complicated to set up

Bought this home, spent 2 hours trying to get it set up, including having to phone HP support (got cut off from them!), so put it back in the box and returned it. We are reasonably techy, but the setup was slow, clunky, and too frustrating to be bothered with. It might have ended up being a good printer, but who could be bothered trying to find out. Came back with a Canon .. so simple to get set up.

Purchased in at Officeworks for $219.

Bernie Coleman
Bernie ColemanSouth East Queensland, QLD

LOAD OF RUBBISH

Took possession of this crap on a Friday morning. Had no idea how to connect my to mycomputer so called tech assistance. Tech said it would take 20 minuets to get it conected and running. After 2 1/2 hours he said that the scanner would not connect and he would have to speak to somebody higher. As it was the end of the day he said that he would call me Monday morning at 11.00am. On Tuesday at 4.00pm and still no phone call I took it back to the place of purchace and got a full refund. This was to replace a cannon printer. Guess what. I'm buy a cannon printer to replace this load of rubbish.

Purchased in for $199.

Carla M
Carla MSydney, NSW

Utterly rubbish, please don't buy!

I bought this PoS during the lockdown for my home office. It drank 5 black ink cartridges (AUD 62 each) and printed only 74 pages. Expensive and inefficient, worthless expenditure.

Purchased in at Officeworks for $230.

An absolute POS

10 months out of warranty and the scanner fails. Not worth spending the money to repair as now I cannot trust it would be worthwhile. Having to sign into an account is also a waste of my time

Purchased in for $260.

Find out how HP OfficeJet Pro 8020e All-in-One compares to other Printers

HP 8020 is the WORST printer ive ever owned NEVER AGAIN.

Purchased in for $260.

Never even got it installed

The Smart software is impossible to resolve installation issues. There is not a simple driver. It REQUIRES and account and to monitor your printer. I have not had this much trouble installing a printer since the 1980's. I returning it and getting a canon or epson.

Purchased in for $189.

Sorry I Purchased this Printer

I am so sorry I purchased this printer. I have had it for over a year and suddenly it will not connect with the internet. as a result, I cannot print. It says cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in Instant Ink. I have been enrolled in Instant Ink for more than a year. Suddenly, there is a problem I contacted my internet service and after over an hour, they found nothing wrong on their end. It must be HP Instant Ink. No one can help me so I now have a printer that is completely useless. I am so upset and frustrated because no one at HP can or will help resolve this issue. I need my printer for several things, especially for my granddaughter and her schoolwork.

Purchased in .