HP OfficeJet Pro 9010

HP OfficeJet Pro 9010

MPN: 22A60D
See the Best Printers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by HP

2.1
  • Ink Cartridge Longevity
  • Reliability
  • Printing Speed

Lovely printer, pity about the support.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman.

The Chief Purchaser
The Chief Purchaser

Poor customer service

Print quality is okay for basic printing of colour and black and white documents. The paper tray feels light and cheaply made as it doesn't hold the paper in well. This printer came with spare print cartridges, when one of the replacement cartridges did not work I reported it to HP, as HP couldn't get a replacement to me in reasonable time, I had to go out and buy another ink cartridge. A week and two phone calls later and I am still waiting on them to approve reimbursement. Very poor customer service.

UP2U
UP2U

Printer Ink is a Rip Off

Set up our new HP OfficeJet Pro 9010. After printing approx. 25 B&W pages, the printer messages that we need to replace the cartridges. ALL the cartridges were empty. Replacement cartridges are almost as much as the printer...Seriously!!! Consider all the problems with maintenance, head cleaning, clogged heads etc... HP have made it so that replacing the printer is almost cheaper than replacing the ink cartridges. What a JOKE!!!

Purchased in .

Defective out of the box

Set it up and it won't recognize the ink that came with it in the box. The printer keeps ejecting the ink cartridges and then saying they are missing. Terrible

Connectivity is a nightmare

I went through Choice magazine looking for a descent printer. Most of Choice's selections had bad reviews so I opted for the top rated HP as that's what I was replacing. My old HP printer worked fine from my router but the new printer can't see it. The HP tech help suggested I speak to the router support! How can HP go backwards with newer models? Looks like I'll have to leave my new printer in the middle of my bedroom floor if I'm ever going to use it.
Skip this printer and save yourself the $$$.

Will Never buy an HP product again!

HP gives you a "free" six-month enrollment in their Instant Ink program when you buy this. They tell you that the printer cartridges will be free in the future. THIS IS PURPOSELY MISLEADING. Yes, they sendyou the cartridges for free, but after the six-month trial period, they charge you for every page you print!!! This is typical of HP.

Purchased in .

About as useful as an anvil for a parachute

We tried to connect wirelessly. No way it was going to happen. Tried with USB! Worked! Then it didn't. Then it did. Then it DIDN"T. It would see the printer. Then it wouldn't. Then it would see the printer with a wire a few times. Then not. Remove printer and reinstall. A few times doing that as well. Oh, the joy of a HP product. It makes you wonder could they stuff it up anymore. These people should go into politics with these skillsets.

Purchased in .

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Ink Scam. Dont Buy From Hp

After 6 months of minimal printing only using black ink. The printer flagged empty ink on c and I was unable to bypass low ink fault and print in black. I removed c to check if the reader chip was dirty. It wasnt. I replaced c with a new ink. Then y was flagged as low. Same thing again, I replaced. Now m is reading empty.............. Scammed

Agnes G H.
Agnes G H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible

The worst printer I have EVER had. So difficult to use the simplest functions eg scan. The older versions had a fabulous program which did everything really well. I can not believe that HP has produced such a terrible product. Can hardly wait to throw it out the window!

Cherry J
Cherry JSouth East Queensland, QLD

STOP don't buy it!

This printer on it's own carries out the functions, but it does not connect reliably to the computer wirelessly. It keeps dropping out, despite the software saying it is online and ready. I can send print jobs to the printer from my phone on the other side of the house, but the computer that is 1 foot away from it continually has issues. It is so unreliable, and only works occasionally.
I am so incredibly frustrated and have never had any issues with an airprinter before, this continually lets me down.... Invest your money elsewhere to get something reliable.

Purchased in at Officeworks Physical store for $289.

Peter
PeterSydney, NSW

Abysmally slow. Avoid.

Print quality is good on standard paper and duplexing is nice but it's abysmally slow - about 2 pages/minute. And, I was expecting to be able to use PCL, unfortunately, I didn't realise HP had developed a new proprietary PCL that's incompatible with normal tooling.

The document scanner does a reasonable job, as long as you don't mind it being unable to feed straight.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $328.

You’ll Go Broke Buying Ink

Sadly disappointed :/ Opted out of HP’s instant ink plan since I don’t use color ink much. Oddly I’ve had to replace ALL ink cartridges 3 times & my printer/device settings are set for BLACK ONLY? Where’s the color ink going? Printer seems to be designed to flag low on all ink colors to force you to purchase unnecessary ink, giving the feel of a scam?

Purchased in at Best Buy for $229.99.

Do Not Buy!

This printer prints well, when it prints. If you allow one of the color cartridges to run out, you are DONE. It will not allow me to print in black. So until I can get a new yellow cartridge, I CANNOT PRINT AT ALL. I would never buy this printer again. It feels like a scam, and it put me out of business until I can get another color print cartridge. Outrageous!

Purchased in .

Don't get sucked into free ink

Purchased in for $450.

FoxBearSydney
FoxBearSydneySydney, NSW

good decent printer

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $393.95.

Tat
Tatasked

I’ve owned my printer for 10 months. I Have my printing preferences from ALL my devices set to “black ink only” yet all my color ink magically disappears at exactly the same rate as my black? I’ve had to replace all ink cartridges 3 times & I’ve never printed a color copy yet? Am I doing something wrong? Surely HP didn’t design this printer so consumers would have to purchase unnecessary ink? :/ Could sure use some guidance.

Tom
Tom

I wouldn’t be surprised because my last HP would default back to color printing at highest quality without me knowing. -when I had it set for grey scale lower quality print which is fine for what I do.

kainana.lk
kainana.lkasked

I'm trying to print in Black Ink only as I have ran out of Cyan and Magenta Ink and the shops have ran out of Cyan so I can't use my printer. I'm so frustrated - theres no contact support number to call. This was my 1st time running out of ink. Is their anyway someone can help me please? I have already tried changing Printing Preferences to Black ink only and it still says "Cartridges depleted"

Sue

Yes. It is a major problem and a terrible design. I would never buy this printer again.

Sue asked

My printer is only 6 months old and this week I am suddenly getting a paper jam ! I am not happy......
I have followed all instructions to remove jammed paper, I have cleaned rollers, turned printer off at wall and waited 10 minutes before turning on again, but it continually jams the paper when I copy

See all HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 questions

Get an answer from our members and HP representatives

CategoryPrinters