Husky HUS-CNSIL

Husky HUS-CNSIL

MPN: HUSCNSIL

Husky Wine Fridge

Recently (two weeks ago) I purchased a Husky Double Door Wine Fridge & Drinks Chiller (HUS-WC66B-BK-ZY) from Winning. It is a stylish unit, it looks very good BUT it is very noisy. You really do not want to install it in an area where you listen to television or conduct conversation. Had I been made aware of the noise I would not have purchased this unit.

Purchased in April 2019 at Winning Appliances for $1,600.00.

Internal Layout

Terrible

Purchased one of these 2 and half years ago purchased at Harvey Norman had to get it replaced after a couple of months as wasn’t getting cold . Got a new one wish I just got my money back . The condensation and the water leaking down on the floor is ridiculous. Have since been advised by a rep that we should been told to get one with a heated door . Too little too late

Purchased in August 2016 at Harvey Norman.

total JUNK

bought one of these from HARVEY NORMAN and it lasted 6 months ...........rang Harvey and they could not pass the buck fast enough ...........over to "arisit" who sent a repair man.
he took one look and told me that he had never bothered to attempt to repair one of these fridges as they were " just not worth it" and he wrote it off.
I was lucky enough that Harvey Norman reluctantly came to pick it up gave me the money back.

advice: save your money and go for a good well known brand of white goods !!!

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for $599.00.

Internal Layout

Fridge motor and fan are poor quality

The fridge fan runs continuously but also gets louder, it sounds like the fan moves within the housing it gets louder if you slam the door, and conversely is ok after banging the grill in front of the fan a few times.

Basically they are cheap and nasty, I wouldn’t buy one again.

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Do Not Buy A Husky

I would never purchase a Husky product again. We unfortunately purchased 2 HUS-CNSIL bar fridges from Harvey Norman for our new bar area. We noticed that the granite bench tops were getting very hot at times (VERY HOT) and thought maybe they needed defrosting. No ice build up in either fridge. Rang the “extended warranty” hotline to be told they don’t have enough ventilation in the cabinets (done by a cabinet maker) so I measured specifications - more than enough room!!! So we took them out and are running them out in the open - guess what??? Still getting hot especially on top. Rang husky to ask if this is normal- told to send a copy of purchase invoice, they will get back ASAP - that was a month ago- still no reply. Rang Harvey Norman - will look into it - still no reply. Have rung to speak to sales person at Harvey Norman -
sorry, with a customer, will call you back, still waiting!!!! We are no longer using them - Had enough, Husky AND Harvey Norman have lost us, and we will tell anyone not to buy any husky product!!!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Husky Drinks and Bar Fridge

The Husky Glass Fronted Bar fridge is a great little unit for drinks and my wife also uses it to store some of her garden produce in summer. I am happy with the quality and it looks good. I did my research and bought it through HN at $550-(picked up) on special. I think it is over $700 normally, so not the cheapest.
The only slight downsides are that it can be a bit noisy when the compressor is operating, the door is not good at self-closing, which causes ice build-up if not checked and in humid conditions condensation forms on the glass. I would still recommend it though. It lives in our pantry, so it isn't an issue for noise alongside our Westinghouse fridge, which is whisper quiet.
Nov 2017-I have now had this unit 12 months, and I have to say I find the noise of it annoying as it carries quite a long way. Personally, I cannot see why it cannot be as quiet as our Westinghouse fridge nearby it. Also when it is running for awhile, the top of it gets quite warm. Given the time over again, I would do a bit more research in these facets. Always good in hindsight until you live with the device!!!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Anyone else have problems with the door not stating closed? Has very poor suction
Hi Steven, If the door is not staying closed, it might be due to an issue with the hinge. Please have a look to see if the hinges are bent or loose, or if you want you can send through an image of the hinges from underneath. Thanks Regardsyep. doesn't work. i am sick of it. ahhh Also very loud condensor and bench top gets hot all the time.It just bounces when you close it even with the most average push close . You have to place the door closed. I’ve ended up putting a door wedge up against it as a habbit so I don’t home blown up fridge or worse a fire. Bloody things get super hot with the door open for the whole day.

We have a Husky 130 Ltd bar fridge installed in our outdoor bbq area, we find it’s getting very hot on top and the granite bench top also, is this normal?
The same, I wouldn’t buy one given the choice again.In fairness to Husky, this model is not designed for outside/alfresco use. It's an indoor model. Husky's Alfresco range is tropical rated and what people should be using in their alfresco areas.Thanks for your feedback, we specifically asked for an outdoor fridge and were sold this model, perhaps I’ll have to go back to the store.

Just bought a husky bar fridge, is it normal that the door has alot of condensation on outside of door, have to put a towel under it to collect water run off, Seems to run continuously, is this normal?
Hi Tony, I live in the SW of WA, and yes, I occasional get a bit of condensation on the glass during a humid period, but by All accounts I live where it is a very dry climate, and not humid. Living in a humid climate would be a whole new ball game and I could imagine it would be a real issue unless you have it in air-conditioning. If that is the case, this is a real and practical flaw with the unit. Do you live north of Sydney, say Brisbane. Personally, I would try to return it, saying it is not suitable for your conditions if that is the case(ie Unsuitable for purpose). In hindsight, I should have paid more fay a Vintec, which may have been better for noise and quality as obviously glass doesn't do its job.

HUS-CNSIL