Kayo Sports

Kayo Sports Questions & Answers

16 questions from our users

sandie

sandieasked

Why can’t I log into kayo

Margaret S.

Margaret S.asked

Can Kayo become overloaded

andrew

andrewasked

where do I find these muppets contact number

PantherPie
PantherPie

Doesn't look like you can. Either live chat, submit online form or email

Steveasked

Thursday night NRL is disgusting. The game always freezes. Why does this happen. Can we cancel our free trial and will this happen all the time.

PxbVic

Yes you can cancel the free trial you may have to call them to do it though.
Why did this happen, well it could be one or many of the following reasons.
1: No crowd attendance for games means more people watching from home, and if using Kayo, then the service was probably overloaded.
2: our pathetic excuse for a broadband network called NBN, again over loaded.
3: Kayo is a streaming service designed around a certain workload, that workload would have been 10000% higher given the situation with Covid-19 and people wanting to watching streaming services.
4: I have a 100mbit/s internet connection, to get HD stream from Kayo requires 12mbit/s, I could not watch the AFL last night it was buffering and falling back to lower than SD quality requiring only 1.5mbit/s bandwidth.

This tells me the Kayo service itself was the problem, too much demand and not enough infrastructure to service the demand for the streaming requested.

IMHO Kayo fell over big time due to unprecedented demand, and they don't have the infrastructure to support the user demand, this coupled with our pathetic NBN is why you didn't get a reliable stream.

Paul.

Steve

I would like to cancel kayo how do i do it

Cranky
Cranky

It used to be easy to unsubscribe, but they have removed the simple option. Go through the chat line. They are bleeding to death because of the poor quality picture so they have made it harder to leave them, instead of fixing their servers. I will never go back to them.

David P.

David P.asked

Why does my kayo sports keep freezing.

PxbVic

Please read above, it's not a simple answer there are many factors as to why you are suffering from what is called "buffering" the 2 main reasons are:
1: Do you have enough of an internet connection to support a streaming service?
2: Does Kayo have sufficient back-end infrastructure to support user streaming demands?

KAYSIE

KAYSIEasked

Can you watch Uk football...eg Birmingham United ?

Karel S.

Karel S.asked

how do i cancel kayosports

Joeasked

I want to speak with someone at Kayo Sports. I'm still being charged after I cancelled my account. How can I contact them? Loive chat never answers.

Brad
Brad

I got through on live chat, it did take a while though and you have to go through all the automated assistance stuff first. Quite frustrating, maybe you could try Facebook messenger? However, be warned they flatly refused my request for refund of my account that was cancelled and didnt want a bar of it. If they dont want anything to do with me and what Im entitled to, I dont want anything to do with them. Good luck though...

Joe

Thanks Brad. They will not be getting me again either.

DeVilAus
DeVilAus

Their Twitter account is pretty prompt and they seem to be friendly and cheery: https://twitter.com/kayosports_help I found their live chat to be pretty disinterested as well as their e-mail support. You can mail them at: help@kayosports.com.au too. I have to also note, that their Twitter account is only helpful as long as you're asking questions. It seems as soon as you start complaining they turn oddly silent.

Mal F.

Mal F.asked

I get no sound when casting to 3gen. Tried force shutdown, install reinstall. Checked volumes, disconnect reconnect Chromecast. Video castes but sound only works when watching on phone. Sound ok when casting from others e.g. Netflix etc.

Adam R.

Adam R.asked

I am so so so so glad I read these reviews.
Sounds like I dodged a hand grenade.

Jill C.
Jill C.

Sure did. Nightmare.

Dylan A.
Dylan A.

Hi Adam,

Ive been using Sports Flick which is pretty good. They charge $10 a month. Check them out on www.sportsflickglobal.com

David E.
David E.

Instead of using the Kayo stream find the foxtel channel it's also being streamed on, bottom of homepage and watch that.

Eric52

Eric52asked

The reviews of Kayo are not good with lots of user issues an dissatisfaction.
Are these issues only experienced whilst streaming a live sports event or are the same issues experienced with recordings on demand?
Is it possible to record “on demand” events so that I can watch them without the buffering issues reported in the review comments?

Bernie S
Bernie S

I can't stand the menu, it's a complete mess, it's really turning me off, I have no complaints about the streaming or picture quality, i stream it through an apple Tv box & a 4g modem at 50mbs

Russell G.
Russell G.

The streaming issues are all to do with google chromecast. Nothing to do with kayo.

Matthew S.
Matthew S.

Not true. I don't have chromecast, have a clear 1000Mbps internal wired network and a stable 106Mbps download speed cable internet connection and get constant buffering issues in a non-live recording. It used to be good but clearly they have not provided adequate server/bandwidth capacity for their growth.

Anne G.

Anne G.asked

How do you unsubscribe? I get either a message saying there is a problem or the thing won’t connect to my account.

Saxier
Saxier

Hi Anne, Sorry, I am going to be no help whatsoever with this question, still struggling with the same issue!
If I get it resolved some time soon I will re-post, Cheers.

Amit

Amitasked

Cannot cast on tv because it supports Chromecast ultra which is another $100.
Even though I have latest smart tv.

Kyle H.
Kyle H.

Smart TVs will quickly be unsupported by software. Get an external box and treat TVs as big dumb screens.

gracos31asked

Have the issues been fixed , and why does it work for some people and not thers ?

Kitso

I’ve never had issues, my download speed is always around 47Mbps.

gracos31

So the issues people have are internet speed related ? Mine is always 47 Mbps aswell. I don't want to pay for a service that doesn't work or will rip me off.

Chris H.

Chris H.asked

can i stream when overseas

PRVU

PRVUasked

Does this work on Android TVs without having to cast or HDMI input from another device?

Kitso

The Kayo app is on the Sony smart TV and it’s working fine.

Other Online Streaming Services