Laser DVD-HD008

2.5

Sue and Bill

Sue and BillPerth, WA

Dont Bother

We have purchased 2 of these the older model and the current , the older one BD3000 became really noisy and wouldn't play DVD's or BLU Ray unless they were cleaned every time. The quality of the picture when it played was okay but because of the noise and its inconsistencies we purchased the latest model after 1 week of use it simply would not play a DVD at all even a new one, then it stopped playing BluRay Discs as well, so i returned to Sanity who we purchased it form and are just tolerating the old one until it bombs. Its a pity because the picture they produce is really good but no point when they really are a disposable item. Just buy a better one.

Purchased in May 2020 at Sanity Online store for A$97.00.

Mumof4

Mumof4Northern Region, NSW

Good DVD player but doesn't come with a HDMI or AV cord

Good DVD player great price, plays most DVDs, remote didn't last long. Doesn't play all things from USB but and can be a little noisey sometimes. Had to but a separate HDMI cord to use as doesn't come with one

Purchased in June 2019 at Big W.

Meg

MegOrange

Absolutely crap

Can’t even describe how much of a waste of money this thing is, most of the time can’t pause the DVD I’ll turn the DVD player off and put the DVD back in and it will go back to last memory and not play, do not buy this piece of junk pay the extra 3 dollars and get the teac brand at jb hifi

Purchased in July 2019 at Big W for A$35.00.

Lawrence J.

Lawrence J.Perth, WA

Crappy DVD Player

This DVD player is rubbish. It does work but most DVDs have problems running and/or jitter when played so it skips half the movie. It can play videos from USBs, but only supports weird formats. If you are tight for money I would say this is the dvd player for you but if you have at least $100 I would recommend buying a "Brand" DVD Player.

Emj

EmjEast ipswich

Great value

Great value for price this dvd player so easy to connect up to my tv and its small so it doesnt get in the way easy to navigate skip through scenes easily rewind even my 5 year old daughter can operate it if your looking for value this would be it.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Blue Ray player

I bought my Blue Ray player in November last year and the Blue Ray is no longer playing, Absolutely Crap, NEVER BUY this Brand again, if it was a cheap buy, well you get what you pay for? So disappointed, Now I have to pay for another player, I'm a Pensioner with very little money to spare.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Peter

PeterSydney, NSW

What Jules61 said

Advertises boldly only needs one cable. Read small print at home discover Lazer is a scam company. Noisey machine, slow. I am upset. I will avoid Lazer products entirely from now on. Product is bad product is bad. Let me summarize my stuff.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Zella J

Zella JCairns,Mount.Sheridan

It's bad soon as your remote control broken or lost or can't work. still you can't find any laser dv

Does any one know where I could download laser dvd player remote control on playstore or anywhere help please. It is very hard to find one these day are anyone else having this same problem because it's really stressful once you get in to it SHOCKER LASER DVD REMOTE awww well I guess my concern are not important thanks for nothing good day.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
jule61

jule61Western Australia, 6157

Annoying in every way possible

Why does this thing make such a loud noise?! I have to turn the TV up to drown it out! On top of everything else annoying about it that noise made me hate the thing. It didn't come with a HDMI cable in the box! (another trip back to Officeworks). The remote is tiny and flimsy and hard to read the writing is so small. It took forever to 'setup' and what a frustrating process that was to sort out the audio settings. The writing on the instructions is so small I could hardly read that! Its slow to open and close. Its annoying in every possible way - save that it actually plays dvds. I'm getting a refund. How on earth did this become Australia's No. 1 selling dvd player? Good grief

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Find out how Laser DVD-HD008 compares to other Blu-Ray & DVD Players

great the only dvd player in my house only had it for a year and its not working

Dont buy this it dosent last only had it a year and its stopped playing dvds totally useless so dissapointed i pay good money and it dont work ............. get ur crap together ill never buy this brand again totally useless utter crap DO NOT BUY THIS DVD PLAYER waste of money

Date PurchasedJan 2017
BuyGeorge

BuyGeorgeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good for the Price

It doesn't have a flashy appearance and it is not very user friendly. It has a humming sound during playback and audio seems out of sync with spoken words (although that could be my dvd copy). Despite all of that, it has good connections, plays my American and British discs (in sync) and has a usb media player. I accept all of the shortcomings as I only paid $29 for it.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Samcoz05

Samcoz05Northern Region, NSW

This DVD player is great 5 stars

The laser Dvd-hd008 DVD player is great it can play cd , DVD , USB ,MP4 ect . The DVD play is great especially for the price only thing bad is the DVD remote is a bit flimsy but other than that it is a great little DVD player and works perfectly fine .so I give it 5 stars

Naomi

Naomi

Bad Quality, Noisy,

It makes a loud noise that is very annoying and the navigation screen is annoying and hard to use. It didn't come with a hdmi cable which meant I couldn't use it straight away and the instructions are hard to understand. I will be returning this dvd player as I am not satisfied with it at all.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Alan

AlanEchuca

Misleading advertising

Purchased this player as it is promoted as playing all regions, wrong it does not! Tried to get a refund from Kogan but no go as they say that is not a fault, well to me it is misleading advertising. Don't buy this player if you want a multi region player.

Meagan

MeaganTownsville

Great

This device works great, I have had it for months with it being used everyday. Never had an issue only downside is it doesn't have a play button on the actual box so if the remote is miss placed you need to search for it other than that it's great.

Nay

NayGippsland, VIC

Spend the extra $50

I’ve gone through 3 of these in the space of 6 months. It has stopped working again but I cannot be bothered sending it back as I’ve spent around $40 in postage and I may as well put $100 towards a reputable brand. If you buy one make sure you buy it from a store and not online so you won’t be stuck paying postage.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
eddie

eddiemelbourne

burring noise and terrible buttons/functions

The same as other users. After only about 5 dvd's it makes a very loud burring/knocking sound. it was placed on top of a table and never moved.
Also, the remote control is a complete mystery. So hard to see the functions and to know what they do. Can't seem to operate without the remote.
returning for refund.
it pays to keep ALL receipts.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Buyer Beware

This so-called DVD player is sitting uselessly atop my TV. It comes complete with a one page user manual with miniscule writing, a plastic toy-like midget sized plastic remote with lots of unreadable buttons and nothing else.
There is no HDMI cable to connect supposed Player to the TV.
What sort of crappy, cynical, penny pinching business would treat the buying public with such blatant indifference?.
It is like buying a new car. But it doesn't come with wheels
Shame Laser, whoever you are.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
jputting

jputtingMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Noisy DVD Player

Kevin W

Kevin WCairns

Easy to set up and works perfectly

Purchased from Harvey Norman at a cost of $34. Does not come with any cables but I had the old Yellow, Red and White cables from the DVD player it was replacing and they worked perfectly. So easy to set up, three plugs into the DVD, three plugs into the TV and turn it on. As simple as that. The quality of the picture is excellent for what I watch and I would recommend this product.