Australia Post Load&Go Reloadable Visa Prepaid

Australia Post Load&Go Reloadable Visa Prepaid

Jo Warner

Jo WarnerCentral West, NSW

Best thing since sliced bread

I don't know how I lived with out my load and go card, I couldn't now. I feel safe online or in shops. I use mine all the time everywhere

annaSydney, NSW

Load and go does not release funds for payments.

I tried to send some items from an overseas website, but load and go rejected the payments. I kind of think this card is useless , or can I fix this problem. I have tried few website , they are very reputed supermarkets but load and go has rejected the payment.

Hi Priscila,
My payment was rejected from my end, it says 3D secure authentication failed. It is nothing to do with the Website which I am using. I want to deliver some grocery items for my parents overseas.

Priscila L.Australia Post

Please call our Load and Go team, their number is on the back of your card and they can help you with this issue so you can make your order to your parents.

Malard

MalardPerth, WA

It's Cheap, but the price is speed

I transferred money from my bank to the Reloadable Visa Prepaid Card to pay some bills. After 36 hours the money is still not loaded on the card. I enquired at my local post office to see if there was a reason for the hold-up. The reply was " no there is no problem, its usually the sending bank that has not completed the transaction". This only happens when I transfer to the card. When I transfer to another bank it happens in less than a day. The "manage your card from anywhere" is not available from some locations outside Australia.

The card and the charges are cheap compared to others, just don't expect transfers to happen within a day.

MatthewAustralian Capital Territory

Useless product. Did not allow me to check a balance or with cash overseas

The point of this seems to be having a prepaid card that can be used for transactions. I am in europe and have been unable to check a balance or withdraw cash. All i could do was try and track how much could remain on the card via receipts. It works fine in Australia though. Useless product auspost

Priscila L.Australia Post

That may be the card is not accepted that or the was an error with the ATM, have you been able to withdrawal money at all?

Moonie MichaelSouth West, WA

Great Product for a Credit Alternative

I love my Load & Go. It's great for when your in a jam credit wise. I'm not a big believer in Credit Cards, I'd rather ASAP. I do a lot of shopping (online) from the US, UK etc and some companies nowadays only accept credit/debit cards. My Load & Go has saved my online bacon many times, it's easy to load and simple to use. The fees can be a little pricey, but for me it's a small price to pay to get what I want!

Priscila L.Australia Post

Yay so glad you love your Load and Go card, it's so handy isn't it?

BRIANRHunter Region, NSW

It no longer exists

It is now a MasterCard,
My one was frozen accidentally by MasterCard who apologised but the damage was done .
I was not notified they had frozen it and I had received a parking ticket

Priscila L.Australia Post

Sorry to hear that your new Mastercard had frozen on you and cause you to get a fine, how annoying! Hope your experience with this card gets better from here.

BRIANR

It did not freeze,you froze it by mistake, and I paid the fine

Proven to be ideal for what I need.

Effective service. I have used this service for several years. Never ever, ever found any problems whatsoever.
I cannot say enough about this service, a very good one to have, thankyou.

Priscila L.Australia Post

So glad to hear that this service has been so good to you and never let you down.

Robert S.

Robert S.Sydney, NSW

The Visa card experience

As with Les of Brisbane, my reloadable Visa card expired and when I visited Aus Post, I was directed to its replacement being the Mastercard.

All of my re-occurring bill payments didnt get paid, my daughters mobile accounts were deactivated etc. When I contacted Aus Post I was directed to Mastercard where I was informed that the new card doesn't provide for ongoing deduction.

The response to Les of Brisbane's similar issues was that the new card is better - I am yet to see how having a replacement card which does less than its predecessor is better...................

Nik S

Nik SQueensland

Money taken!!

I have had the card almost a year never a problem but today I loaded $250 on the card & by that night when l went to pay due bills the amount of $82 had been taken from somewhere in Brazil.
To say the least I'm very angry

rodPerth, WA

load and go Australia post debit card

I bought the load and go from the post office. when I first bought the load and go card. it was great they were good for 3 years. I would go to the drive through at Mc Donalds by the time I payed with my card by the time I drove to the next window. I would have a text sent to my phone. it would tell me how much I spent. what my balance was. you could put in $10 at a time not $20 as is the case now. my cards were corrupted on 2 separate occasions. now you have to put in a minimum of $20. the cards are good for a year. I only put money on the card 2 days before my bill is due. when you buy something you don't get a notification on your phone reguards your balance.

Priscila L.Australia Post

Okay so just to confirm, the app is not sending you notifications of your balance however you are able to check it whenever you need to. I understand it's handy to know there and then of the remaining balance.

LorraineB

LorraineB

One star is too good for this rubbish

Customer service (ha ha) in Asia somewhere says that its the merchants fault that I can not pay my bills with my Visa reloadable. Load N Go. I follow all the on line directions as to how to put funds on my card but my bank wont accept the number. Again the incomprehensible service chap says that its my banks fault. Totally hopeless. AVOID this card. Frustrating, inconvenient and useless.

Priscila L.Australia Post

Load&Go was good - its replacement is a TRAP !!

Les of Brisbane
Les of Brisbane

no more cards

Disappointing that cards are no longer available and existing cards will not be renewed. The card has been great. No interest rates . It better for low income people. I hope they are bought back in

Vicki
Vicki

Thank you. I haven’t heard of it. Definitely will look into it.

Lisa M.Melbourne

Handy to have but not great.

Lisa M.

Hi Priscila, Thanks for getting back to me. I put $200 on the card and was unable to use it on one site. I had no issues spending money on another site though. The code fault was 05 which says to contact the card issuer to resolve the issue..

Lisa M.

There is still money on the card now.

Very Dishonest.

I recently lost my prepaid card, and per the information provided on the Aus post website on the Load and Go Prepaid Card ( https://auspost.com.au/money-insurance/make-payments/explore-online-payment-alternatives/loadgo-reloadable-visa-prepaid-card#tab2 ) I'm entitled to a free card replacement, yet when I contacted them over the phone, the employee tells me thats NOT the case and I will have to pay $7.95 to get a new one, DISREGARDING what they've already written on their website. When I bring his attention to the post, he mentions how they're "working on it".
How dishonest is that?

Michael M.Australia Post
Francis Hollins
Francis Hollins

Thank you, Michael. I contacted them again, and thats not the case. They really don't want to honour what they have on the website. Never mind, because losing my card, is a good excuse not to use such a dishonest service.

Haven't had any problems

I have used the Load & Go card for years now and have not had any problems with it. I've never had issues with setting it up or putting money on it. I prefer to add money onto it at the P.O. as it loads onto the card straight away. Transferring online takes a few days to appear. I use it for internet purchases and it's been great.

Sami M.Australia Post

$400 missing from my card.

I loaded $400 onto my card at the Fairy Meadow Local Post Office today at 3pm. I checked the card's transaction records at 6.30pm and there is no record of the transaction. The $400 has simply disappeared. NOT HAPPY. Fortunately I still have the receipt. Should I contact the police?

Tony
Tony

angie

angieSydney, NSW

Good for online purchases

Bought a Australia Post Load n Go Visa card, I use it for oversea purchases, it can be used for anything, also its reloadable and doesn't expire for 3 years, the only negative I have for this card are the fees, $0.09 fee per transaction expect for loading funds into card.

Shar.

Shar.Sydney, NSW

Card not reissued on expiry with balance!

Is it true you no longer automatically get reissued with a new card on expiry if you have a credit balance more then the $6.50 fee. The internet is giving mixed answers.

memyselfandIGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

sold wrong product

This card replaces the Load and Go Travel Card, which has apparently been discontinued.
I am going overseas, and needed the wallet feature the travel card had. This new card does not have that feature and will take a transaction fee every time I use it overseas.
Short of spending the money, I have been unable to find a way to transfer the money out and onto a useable card.

Thank you.
Responded privately

wendyasked

i can find my balance of my card and used it the other day, but is less in the account than i spent. Is there a way of tracking what i have spent, there has been $26.37 less and have no idea why. thanks for your help

Hi Wendy,

I strongly recommend reaching out to our Load and Go team about your transactions. Their number is on the back of your card :)

John Miller

John Millerasked

As my sole income is the Age Pension, which is paid weekly and some payments are needed on a monthly basis I purchased a L&G Auspost Reloadable Visa card with an expiry date of 05/20. I have set my bank account to make a scheduled fortnightly, as the Pension is paid fortnightly, payment to my L&G Visa and it worked for the first couple of times but then my bank account was duly debited BUT the funds did not appear on the L&G card, even after almost a week. This means that my money is being held by the system. This morning I tried, via my bank's online banking, to make a small transfer to test the system and it has also failed to appear. The first few times the scheduled payment was made the result was there on the right day by the time I got out of bed.
What is going on?

Moonie Michael

Please reach out to the Load and Go team for assistance. Their number is on the back of your card :)

Hi John,

I'm sorry for the issues you've had with your card and fortnightly loading payments. The info Moonie provided you is correct, please reach out to the Load and Go team for help with this, they have access to the systems to be able to access your account.

Adam Barra K.

Adam Barra K.asked

My partner and I decided to give this load and go card a shot... we stupidly didn’t write down the email and password to our card... if we forget these details, what do we do?

Moonie Michael

I would suggest contacting the Australia Post Load & Go department on their 1300 number, they'll help you!

Matthew

The Auspost Load and Go people will be able to assist. A suggested next steps if you have the PIN is to withdraw any money on the card and close the account. These things are sort of useless.

BRIANR

Call the number on the card

Get an answer from our members and Australia Post representatives