loans.com.au Questions & Answers

Kaitiasked

petiteviolon
petiteviolonasked
loans.com.au

What are the application fess for a new car loan? How do I find out if my car is on your "green Car" list without having to give you my private contact information? You have an online chat for questions, make it useful.

Hayley G.loans.com.au

Hi there, regarding application fees all the details are listed on this page: https://www.loans.com.au/car-loans/buying-personal-car/new-car-loan

To find out if your car qualifies as a green car, you can call us on 13 10 90 to have a car lending specialist confirm this for you.

Jason Lim
Jason Limasked
loans.com.au

Our homeloan - owners occupied with you are still 3.34%, it is no where near the advertised rate. why?

Hayley G.loans.com.au

Hi Jason, thanks for your question. Earlier this month we announced we are reducing our variable home loan rate by 0.25 percent for all existing customers, effective Thursday 26 March. We're always looking for feedback on ways we can improve our service. If you have any further feedback or questions please do let us know.

Hanna
Hannaasked
loans.com.au

Does anyone know if they accept 1 year proof of bonus or do I need 2 years?

Hayley G.loans.com.au

Hi Hanna, that depends upon your specific circumstances. For information specific to your financial situation please contact our Sales Team on 13 10 90.

Adam N.asked
loans.com.au

Im looking at a car loan. Is the interest rate offered today locked in for the duration of the loan or can loans.com.au put Up the interest rate at any stage of the loan period?

Hayley G.loans.com.au

Hi Adam, all of our car loans are fixed rate so the rate does not change during the life of the loan.

Adam N.

Is the advertised interest rate of 4.89% what Ill be given if I apply today. I mean once I apply and loans.com.au give me approval. It won't be approved for say 8.0% interest? The 4.89% interest rate is exactly what I'm approved on? In other words, if I apply for the loan today can you guarantee that I'll only pay 4.89% on approval?

David
Davidasked
loans.com.au

Do existing customers get locked out from lower interest rates advertised?

romsta
romsta

David,

Existing customers get the lower rates. Cheers!

Romy

Patrick
Patrick

Please be aware Existing customers DO NOT get their advertised low rates!!! It’s only to attract new customers.

Rohit C
Rohit C

I agree with Patrick

Robyn L.
Robyn L.asked
Home Loans

How long does it take to get the loan from initial application?

Patro
Patro

It took 10 days all total .I applied on 10th July money was in account on 18th July..

2020homewa
2020homewa

3 weeks for me but I got pre approval first (took approx 1 week & added all required docs/ info) I hesitated for a while but then found a property really quickly. Pre approval to approval 3 weeks - it could’ve been less if I wasn’t indecisive. Pretty quick service if all your ducks are lined up

Michelle H.
Michelle H.asked
loans.com.au

How long does it take for money to transfer from loan account to a different bank account?

Hayley G.loans.com.au

Hi Michelle, our cutoff is at 2pm AEST so if the transaction is completed by then, we will send it off that afternoon. What time it appears in the account at the other bank, depends on the receiving bank’s transaction policy. It can take up to 2-3 days.

Violet
Violetasked
loans.com.au

What is their online platform like for using with an offset account with redraw facilities?

Dan
Danasked

Hi,

If I leave loans.com do a get the $300 fee per loan split or is this only per security.

Hayley G.loans.com.au

I'm sorry Dan I don't understand your question. Would you be able to please call our Customer Service team to discuss? You can reach them on 13 10 90.

scott
scottasked
loans.com.au

i have been in my job for 10 weeks, and have a 3 month probation, is this a problem? or should I get a letter from my employer?

A. Hammondasked

Hi loans.com.au,
Could you please explain why transfers are not carried out on the weekends?
For example If I transfer from an external account on a Friday morning, the money will not show up in he loan account until Monday afternoon. Yet if I transfer on Tuesday, transfer arrives next day.
This means additional interest, as it is calculated daily, yet we can't transfer daily. Unfair

Connor J
Connor J

Very keen to see loans.com.au’a response to this one....
The days of interest yield they are retaining make a significant increase to the true cost of our loans. As a customer this is a real concern and I’m glad you’ve called that out.
Over to you loans.com.au....?????

A. Hammond

still no response from loans.com.au

Hayley G.loans.com.au

Hi Connor, any funds you send from an external account will be received on the following business day but we make it effective from the date sent NOT date received, so your interest is reduced immediately. Banks don’t process transfers on weekends so your Friday transfer doesn't show up until the next Monday but you still get the interest benefit starting from Friday. If you have any further questions please call us on 13 10 90 or message us directly and our Customer Care team will give you a call.

Reginasmith
Reginasmithasked

Hi,

Does loans dot com au allow to top up the existing loan on investment loan? If not, do you allow to top up the existing owner occupied loan? I know that borrowing capacity, financial capacity and revaluation of the property are still required I just want to find out if they allow to top up the existing loan? Thanks

dazza
dazza

Looks like they only answer the questions that are easy & suit them.

Hayley G.loans.com.au

Hi Regina, sorry about the slow reply to your questions. A third-party website is not an appropriate forum for us to give detailed information about our products without knowing your personal circumstances and the exact product you are asking about. To contact us, please visit us at our website loans.com.au where you can chat online, book a call, send us an email or call us directly on 13 10 90.

Alex
Alexasked
loans.com.au

For a car loan does money go to me first to then pay the dealer or do i have to organise for loans.com.au to pay the dealer?

Kabards
Kabards

Hi Alex, I am afraid I am unable to help you on this, I have 2 investment property loans with them, not a personal loan.
sorry

Hayley G.loans.com.au

Hi Alex, if you take out a car loan with us, we will pay the money directly into the dealer’s account. Just send us the invoice, which should include the dealer's bank account details, and we will arrange payment.

leonr64
leonr64asked
loans.com.au

I am considering refinancing with loans.com.au.

I'm thinking about whether their offset account is a good idea. If I were to go for the offset option and move our daily banking to them, how well does their system work compared to larger banks? I currently have accounts with two banks, and have noticed lately transfers made in the morning appear at the other bank on the same day. Does anyone know if loans.com.au have similar processing times to these other banks? It's pretty handy now that we don't always have to wait for overnight transfers any more!

adiesky
adiesky

I have three loans with Loans.com (two with offsets) and can vouch for the simplicity and usability of their online services, as well as the functionality of the offset accounts. You also have the ability to instantly transfer from your offset account to your loan account online. Payments can be made online to any account, Bpay payments are also easy. I cannot vouch for same day transfer to external accounts however I guess that this might occur in some instances. I've never had a payment not happen next day. P.S. I am not being paid for this review...

Debbie
Debbieasked
loans.com.au

I’m thinking of refinancing my home with this lender. With all the reviews I’ve read about them raising the interest after signing has me worried. Will they really raise my interest and repayments as soon as I sign? What are the hidden costs if any? I know it’s going to cost around $1200 to refinance but no ongoing costs after that apparently. Am I correct?

Adj
Adj

Hi Debbie, we financed away from ANZ as we were on Interest only and ANZ upped our Int rate by .55% Loans have always been less than the big banks on their rates,
IF reserve keeps the rates stable I don't think they will up the rate after taking on the loan but time will tell.

There were no hidden costs (Valuation fee, loan disbursement fee and some standard government fees) was not a lot to be honest.
For the little extra it cost me i am saving around $300 a month and no annual fee for the privilege of having a loan (ANZ was $395 a year) Loans is $0.

Hope this has been of some help.

Regards Adam

Sam
Samasked
loans.com.au

In my contract it says 'a management fee interpreted as commission is payable over the life of the loan. The amount of commission is not certain at this date'
Does anyone know roughly what the ongoing fees are?

Hayley G.loans.com.au

Hi Sam, our home loans have no ongoing fees. Could you please contact Customer Care or message us your name and contact number and we will call you discuss the contract details. You can reach us on 13 10 90.

Sudhir HB
Sudhir HBasked

Is 95% LVR is feasible?

Hayley G.loans.com.au

Hi Sudhir, sorry but we have a maximum LVR of 90%.

Get an answer from our members and loans.com.au representatives