Logitech Marathon Mouse M705

3.6

AFK

AFKPeel, WA

Very good mouse

Now have 2 of these. Very good quality mouse, nice weight and size, feels good in the hand. Works on virtually any surface. Love the free spinning wheel which is ideal for scrolling up and down spreadsheets and long columns of info. You would struggle to find a better General purpose mouse. Build quality is nice and solid and it has definable switches on the side for switching between open apps. Battery is supposed to last 2 years +.

Purchased in June 2020 at Officeworks Physical store for A$59.00.

mike

mike

A mouse with perfect size, but let down by very poor quality!

Pro: size is perfect, like the look.

Cons: unusable by the intermitted issues that mouse would scroll itself up a few lines after i scroll the page down; or sometime vice versa.

BTW, this is my third Logictech Marathorn mouses within a year, the first two are M720. The first one last 6 months, the 2nd one one month, and this one just one week. Hence the one star.

Purchased in February 2020 at Officeworks Physical store for A$59.00.

Mouse works ok, but difficult to install

I don't have any issue with the mouse itself once it gets working. But accessing the installation software online was unnecessarily complicated. I have no idea why I have to have an account to download software to a product I already own.

Mice

Find out how Logitech Marathon Mouse M705 compares to other Mice

SteveB

SteveBMid North Coast, NSW

A good product with a poor quality click button return spring.

This would be the perfect mouse for any body, however the fact that the click buttons prematurely click with just the weight of a finger makes this mouse nearly unusable.
I return the mouse under warranty as it just became unusable and frustrating.
The replacement mouse is somewhat better but I have to be aware all the time to not rest my finger too hard on the click button. I would imagine that the same problem will eventually occur to the replacement mouse due to normal wear and tear.
All the other features of the mouse are great, but as I said, the weak click button return spring detracts from what should be the best mouse of all.

Aimee

AimeeSydney, NSW

OK for me

The mouse is comfortable, though a bit large for me. It scrolls smoothly and fast. The backward and forward buttons are convenient. I hope the batteries will last 3 years as this is the main reason I bought this mouse.

scoop98

scoop98Perth, WA

Comfortable wireless mouse

Very comfortable for right handers only.
Like the "feel" of the wheel and buttons.
Good warranty (3 years).
For $59 it could be cheaper! But at least it's not $99 or more like gamers mice.
Like the extra Forward and back buttons etc

FoxBearSydney

FoxBearSydneySydney, NSW

Free replacement within 2 year !

Great mouse ! I like the hyper scroll function, especially for word editing where i can scroll 10 pages in a second ! the mouse is super comfortable to hold, and the best thing is logitech's replacement warranty.
my USB stopped working last week , I just asked for a replacement on their support website, and they sent out a USB receiver within 3 days. ( I had to install a "unifying software" to pair the device but it was easy).

I am very very please with the quality and the warranty customer support staff. no hassle, Brilliant !
comfortable, hyper scroll, good quality, 2 years replacement warranty, super fast turn around time
not the cheapest mouse on the market, but consider it an investment.

thecricketnut

thecricketnutAdelaide

Perfect mouse until it started malfunctioning

Had this mouse for about a year and couldn't fault it up until now. It fits really comfortably into the hand and worked beautifully up until recently. The scroll wheel innovation which allows you to breeze through long documents which is great.

However all this fun came to an end when suddenly I noticed it started randomly double-clicking for a single click. This issue made it impossible to do things without getting frustrated. After doing a bit of research I found that the problem is VERY common among Logitech mice and can be fixed temporarily if opened up.
Scroll wheel, very comfortable in the hand
Mouse starts double-clicking unintentionally after a while

Logitech
Logitech A.Logitech

Hi thecricketnut you'll be pleased to know the M705 has a 3 Year Limited Warranty, so give our Customer Support Team a call to get that sorted out http://www.logitech.com/en-au/contact

rennc10

rennc10AU

A great mouse, but has some strange issues.

This mouse fits very nicely in the hand - it is almost perfect in ergonomic terms. Unfortunately, the performance is not up to the same calibre... I've had numerous issues with the 'smooth scroll" not working properly, and also interfering with middle clicking - something which is very important to me in my line of work. Pricewise, this mouse is ok, but make sure you test it in store as this mouse may not be your best choice. That said - for general day to day use you will not find anything better in this price range short of perhaps specialist gaming mice.
Good price, reliable, handy, small, functional
Middle wheel is not easy to use, and does not track well on some surfaces

Mice