5.0 from 1 review

Love Logitech Unifying Technology

After being won by Logitech's new Unifying technology I just had to update our mouse to a unit that complimented our new K800 Backlit wireless keyboard. The M905 Darkfield Laser Mouse was a perfect choice - compact, full functioned, responsive and compatible with our aging Windows XP operating system. It was a simple matter to pair the new mouse to the existing Unifying receiver (supplied with our keyboard) using Logitech's downloaded software. No more cords or wireless receiver units clogging up our desktop and only 1 USB port required to drive both the keyboard and mouse! The mouse comes with a Unifying receiver unit, a tailored soft carry case -even the batteries were supplied, making it the ideal companion for laptops as well (I find laptop touchpads cumbersome compared to a dedicated mouse). The Darkfield laser mouse even works on glass surfaces, so no more frustration with worn mouse pads or my wife having to put up with me bashing the mouse against the desk in an effort to restore functionality. Logitech's unifying technology has won me completely.
Feature packed, responsive, reliable, comfortable and comes with its own soft carry case. No cumbersome desktop units or wiring of any kind required.
This is a great functional unit, albeit at a price, but since I use it constantly, well worth the extra dollars.

can I use it on a I-Mac?
I have not tried the Darkfield mouse on I-Mac, but Logitech list them under "Mice for PC and Mac". Tech specs here http://www.logitech.com/en-au/product/anywhere-mouse-mx?crid=7 list it as suitable for Mac OS® X 10.4 or later with USB port and internet connection.I'm running this mouse on a Macbook running Windows and it works fine. Cheers, J

I want to put the Device i. e. CCTV DVR in the ground floor with a monitor (connected by cable) at first floor to view the footage--- Is it possible?
Doubtful, range on my device appears to be about 3 metres with a clear line of sight, but whether running a usb extension cable with the unifying plug connected to the end of it from your CCTV DVR to the inside of the wall on the first floor would allow you to use the mouse wirelessly from there, I do not know.

Price (RRP)99.95