6Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400

3.4

53%18%29%

Paul KSydney, NSW7 posts
  Verified K400 Plus

No support from Logitech when it goes wrong

My K400+ has started to render random characters that were not typed. When I backspace or delete it continues to render characters that make no sense. It is unfit for purpose at it will not type a sentence that I actually enter. I contacted their “Support” at 9:05 am this morning. I got a ticket number then nothing. I did it again, and got another ticket, and still nothing, DO NOT BUY FROM COMPANIES THAT DON’T SUPPORT THEIR OWN PRODUCTS. My impression of Logitech is souring badly. Show details
Tanya B.
Tanya B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA
  K400 Plus

Bought Logitec 400K plus from Officeworks- touch buttons are a bit hard to press

Found touch buttons a bit hard to press, navigation pad is a bit too small. It is not wide so good if you have RSI from using mouse- generally ok. Show details
Plywood101
Plywood101Perth, WA4 posts

Solid build

Really impressed with how solid it is built. Doesn’t drain batteries and very responsive. Only negative part it it needs to be inline with the receiver so can’t have the  Show details
Marty v.
Marty v.
  K400 Plus

Don't bother with this one for htpc or similar

Most useless wireless keyboard I have ever come across. You have to sit about 1.5 m max away from the receiver for it to work properly that's with the receiver in direct line of sight. Don't even bother using it for a htpc it will drive you nuts
Danoz
Danoz16 posts
anand7um
anand7umMelbourne4 posts
  K400 Plus

All good, except up and down arrow keys size compromised

Remember that this is a compact keyboard, I do not have large hands still find it a little bit squeezed to find the right keys, especially when I have to use the up and down arrow keys which are half the size of the rest of the keys. Moreso, pg up and pg dn are again sqeezed into these already half size keys with a Fn key combo which is a pain for me as I do a lot of work in excel. But then, again this was not supposed to be a full function keyboard!

Its best for using with your smart tv where in you won't be doing in a lot of typing.

Michael
MichaelBrisbane4 posts

Great for Android TV

Great connectivity, easy to use, just plug and play. No issue with distance, have a physical power button to turn off when not using. Standard AA batteries easy to replace.

Neezy
NeezyPerth, WA2 posts
Uber Eats Customer
Uber Eats CustomerSydney4 posts
  Verified K400R

Light, compact and responsive

Very compact and responsive, both keyboard and trackpad. Battery lasts reasonably. The 10m wireless range is quit handy. it features low-profile keys and an on/off switch which is a good power saver and dramatically extend the battery life. It was plug and play on Win 8, no drivers were required

Steve
Steve5 posts

Needs a scroll wheel

I've owned one and used it every day for three years. It lacks a scroll wheel in the upper right corner. Scrolling by two finger touch requires you to let go of the keyboard with the right hand. A corner wheel would make this one ideal (for me).

Tyler B
Tyler B

Pointless

MUST sit within a few feet from my computer for wireless to connect.. Might as well have a wire and completely defeats the purpose of a wireless keyboard..

Limited keys as well.

RON
RONAUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND7 posts

Compact and lightweight

I do not use the mouse pad on this keyboard that often but I really like the click button on the upper leftmost part of the keyboard in which I find very useful along with the logitech M570 trackball mouse that I use. However, I find this keyboard very useful whenever I use it on smart TV because it's very lightweight and compact. This keyboard may not be useful for people with big hands and fingers due to closeness of keys. Overall, I like this keyboard and I would buy again If I would need another one.

Dariusz
Dariusz2 posts

not so good

I can only get a 2-3m Maximum range. Direct line of site with no obstacles. Extender makes no difference. Disappointing, and useless as a HTPC keyboard due to poor range. Can't use it from my couchas touchpad becomes unresponsive and keystrokes are missed.Less than 3m (9ft) it works fine.

jkefa
jkefaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC81 posts
  K400R

Average size keyboard with good range and convenient touchpad feature

Bought the touch keyboard as a replacement to my son's MS Surface keyboard.

While not as convenient - it also didn't cost an arm and a leg ($40 vs $140+).

In time I've taken this keyboard for myself and I'm using it with a smart media player & my TV.

It has worked flawlessly at a range of 6 meters.

Still using the original batteries supplied (nearly 8 months now) albeit I do switch of the power to this every evening.

I'm recommending people use this when working at home with their laptops - setting the laptops at an appropriate height and using this keyboard as the main input mechanism.

I'd suggest this is another quality Logitech product.

MetalGodz
MetalGodzHunter Region, NSW108 posts

Excellent. Ideal for devices with USB ports

Works well with my Western Digital Live Hub. Also has a compartment for the Unifying Receiver. If you lose the receiver, you can buy spares via Logitech/Ebay/Amazon. Details on modifying receiver are here:- http://support.logitech.com/en_us/software/unifying

I think I paid @ $70 @ 3-4 years ago.

John S.
John S. · Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 Plus

Looking for opinions on whether this is normal.

Bought a K400 plus from Officeworks the other day (50 bux). Within a few minutes of using the trackpad, I noticed it doesn't respond to fast swipes which go from the top right corner to center. It only responds to very slow movements in that quadrant of the pad, and only after holding my finger on the pad for a second or so. The other quadrants of the pad are fine, so it doesn't appear to be a wireless reception issue. I've tried holding the keyboard directly next to the receiver to no effect.

Exchanged it at Officeworks for another — exact same problem. Tried it on 2 different PC's, same issue. Is the trackpad really this bad or have I just encountered some dodgy units? My laptop's trackpad does not have this issue — I can swipe from any place at any speed and it always responds, and it's a bottom of the range $300 piece of junk from 2012.

Should I exchange it for a third unit or am I wasting my time? Should I get the Microsoft one instead? Can anyone recommend a better keyboard to suit a HTPC?

Compare all Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 listings