4.0 from 1 review

See the Best Handheld GPS Units in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

A very good unit to get into geocaching

I also own a Garmin etrex 10, which is way more accurate in thick bush, but this is my unit of choice for urban or open-country geocaching. I love the lightning-fast download time for loading geocaches onto this unit, and the colour display also renders the full description, including cache-owner uploaded photos. It's rugged, the batteries will easily do a full day of caching (and then some), and it is also very simple to use once you get familiar with it.
What I (and it seems everyone else) hate is how stiff the navigation button is, and the time it takes to finally lock onto satellites; while the Garmin does it within seconds, this unit can take 3 minutes to finally play ball. Overall, I am very happy with it, especially since I got it for $59.95 on sale at Dick Smith. If you've got kids and you want them to get involved in geocaching, this is the unit for you.