5Magimix Cook Expert

AlisonGlasshouse Mountains19 posts

Aqua A
Aqua AMetropolitan Adelaide, SA
  Fair Incentive Verified

Time saving - replaces lots of devices!

All in one machine that is convenient and time saving! I was lucky enough to be gifted it for my 50th by my mother who is a super home cook! Show details
Suzette G.
Suzette G.Sydney, NSW2 posts

Suzie;s Review

I have received my Magimix in January and am very excited to get started. I haven't used it much only made a few things Smoothies, dips, soups, so far I find it great. I also have the old Thermomix which I have been a bit reluctant to use after they had so many people having accidents. My Thermomix was great but this Magimix is better.
Vitality
Vitality3 posts

The Home Expert

Well, there it sits at the ready to help with preparing meals, salads, desserts, cakes, breads or a pizza. I have had to go up north on occasions to help family members and revert back to pots & pans and manually cutting up veggies etc., in preparation for meals. So on my returns, I'm glad to be able to use the Magimix Cook Expert for quick, effortless cutting, slicing & dicing, once again. Clean ups are a breeze with its Auto Rinse. Show details
Safety
Leveson
LevesonSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Magimix blender burning plastic smell since new

I purchased a magimix blender 4 power - 8 weeks ago and it has a distinct burning plastic smell and it’s starting to make strange noises when in use.

Megimix reply when I filed a warranty claim “It is quite normal for a rubber like smell to come from a new blender.” and have not replied to any further of my emails.

I would recommend you spend your money else where. Show details

Leigh
Leigh

Awesome easy to use

Beautiful fresh meals, very easy to use and to clean Show details
Melissa
MelissaSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts
Deb
Deb

EASY TO USE -EXCELLENT RESULTS

Extremely happy with performance, so far still playing around & learning but very simple to use. I love how the blade inside the stainless steel bowl can be removed/replaced effortlessly for easy cleaning. I have used the food processing bowls & purchased optional Extra Press XL & have made amazing juices & nut milks. I (like many others) took my time researching this & am so glad I made purchase. The Magimix team are excellent & very supportive Show details
Elena Ouspenskaia
Elena OuspenskaiaSydney, NSW

Excellent appliance

One of favourite purchases of 2023. I have almost all appliances at home made by Magimix. Great kitchen gadget, will recommend everyone. Make cooking and meals prep easy and saves time. Elena Show details
Keen Cook
Keen Cook
Viola C.
Viola C.Sydney, NSW
  Fair Incentive

More useful than I expected!

The Magimix Cook Expert is a great: it blends, chops, cooks, and more, all in one. Super easy to use, saves a ton of space and time. A real kitchen MVP for us, we've used it for soups, stews, steaming and making ice cream base - all came out perfectly. Warranty claims and check for an issue happened smoothly and we even got a loan machine while they're looking into it. Show details
Mick and Karen
Mick and KarenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified

Fantastic addition to my kitchen, saves so much time with prep & cooking

The excel does a fantastic job of cooking, no more stirring, allows me to do other thing while my dinner is cooking. Everything I have cooked so far is so tasty. Show details
Debbi
Debbi
  Fair Incentive Verified

Cooking is so much better

We started using our magimix expert the first night we had the best Thai chicken we have cooked at home. From there we have cooked many things and so happy with every results. Lemon cake was amazing.
Have started culling my cooking appliances as this does so much.
Very happy with purchase. Show details
Sharon Perdriau
Sharon Perdriau5 posts

magnificent

it's early days for me - just a novice.
however, it has replaced my juicer, my food processor and so much more.
it is stylish and i am delighted with all the tasks this fantastic piece of equipment can perform.
i think we are going to be best friends forever! Show details

Lilian
Lilian

After running for 4 hours at 45C with no stir function. Can long can I continue this function as I am fermenting Natto?

Magimix
Magimix   DM

Hi Lilian, you can repeat the 4hr process for as many times as you like.

Tony
Tony

Does the food come into contact with anything other than stainless steel? (When using the universal stirring tool)

Pamela
Pamela

No Tony, only the stainless steel bowl and blade. If you stir it of course the spatula will touch it

Grant P.
Grant P.

Is this machine able to make good rolled oat porridge? (I’ve tried it in a rice cooker, but it burns on the bottom because they seem to turn creamy and heavy and then settle on the bottom where it gets burned) Thank you!

annie
annie

Hi Grant . Put 40 grams rolled Oats and 200ml of milk of your choice, (I use Light Milk) in the Magimix bowl. Run on EXPERT - TIME 5mins, SPEED 2A, TEMP 85°C. Done & Yummy. Annie

A few advantages over the Thermomix TM6

On paper, there are a few benefits of investing in a Magimix compared to shelling the cash on a TM6.

The Magimix has a maximum heating efficiency of 1, 700 watts, which includes a 900W regular motor and a 800W induction heating motor. This is compared to the Thermomix TM6, which comes just slightly under with a maximum heating efficiency of 1, 000 watts.

The Thermomix’s maximum bowl capacity is 2.2L. The Magimix, on the other hand, comes standard with a 3.5L capacity stainless steel metal bowl, as well 3 transparent multifunction bowls. Each of these extra bowls gradually increase in size, starting from 1.2L, to 2.6L, and finishing at 3.6L.

Accessories

Other standard accessories provided with the Magimix include a steamer basket, mini blade, egg whisk, 2 and 4-mm slicer, grater, universal blade, metal blade, spatula, kitchen scales, a recipe book with over 300 recipes, and a free Cook Expert app.

If you want your Magimix to do even more, you can also purchase the Magimix Cocotte Slow Cooker, which is an accessory to the Magimix Cook Expert.

12 auto programs

The Magimix is designed with 12 auto programs, whereas the Thermomix has 20 cooking functions and 14 pre-set modes.

Here are the offerings from the Magimix Cook Expert: Cook (pureed soup, creamed soup, simmer, steam); bake (pastry/cake, bread/brioche, whisk); blender (smoothie, frozen dessert, crush); food processor and an automatic rinsing function.

Points of praise

• The extensive range of cooking functions available with the Magimix was widely praised by reviewers. The food processor was a particular favourite amongst home chefs.
  • Food made using the Magimix is often described as being delicious
  • The Magimix is built sturdily, with an outstanding build quality.
  • This appliance was described by reviewers as conveniently easy to clean, thanks to the inclusion of dishwasher-safe parts.

Points to consider

Since the Magimix features such a diverse range of functions, several reviewers expressed that learning how to use the appliance in its entirety would take a long time. However, many reviewers who had the patience and passion for cooking didn’t find this to be a problem at all.

CategoryAll-In-One Kitchen Appliances