Makita DUH523Z

Makita DUH523Z

Great bit of kit

Bought this cause I was sick of using one with a power cord, a bit concerned that it would not be powerful enough just did all our hedges/shrubs and no issue whatsoever.

Purchased in April 2019 for $129.00.

Great Value!

This is my first trimmer and i like it! I already have the Makita batteries for this so the choice was easy. I did my research and tossing up between this model or the dewalt 18v battery version. For the cost, quality, safety and subtle looks the decision was for the makita. I don't have a big hedges so the slighter shorter length was fine. Also i dont use the machine very much at all so there was no meed to spemd big. Can't go wrong with the Makita model for residential use.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Excellent design, performs well and good value.

This product is very well designed and has excellent safety features. It is ideal for maintenance trimming between major cuts for which I use the Makita 240 volt model. I have just taken 150 mm of growth off of 25 metres of hedge and this tool handled it beautifully on one charge of a 1.5 Amp hour battery. The cost was reasonable at $129 and the decision made easy since I already have the batteries and charger from an earlier power took kit purchase. It is early days but it performs well and is quite durable with good quality steel blades.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Easily met my expectations, simple safe and effective.

I purchased this hedge trimmer yesterday for $125AUD after doing some online research. The 36v model was more than twice the price and the specs didn't seem to be that much different so I went for the 18v version. I have already pruned back several hedges and shrubs with absolute ease. This tool is light weight, simple to use, has a fool proof safety system and is powerful enough for the majority of DIYers. This adds to my now 5 strong Makita LXT tool collection and everyone of them is a great tool and no regrets. This one is particularly good value.

Just some feedback on battery life. I have just pruned around 8 trees/hedges across my entire 800sqm block and the low battery indicator has not come on yet using a 4 amp hour battery so no issues with this chewing through the batteries.