Mercedes-Benz Vito W639.I

Mercedes-Benz Vito W639.I (2004-2011)

• Braking
  • Features

Harbour Cat C.

Harbour Cat C.Sydney, NSW

best van ever 111 auto

Best van rear wheel drive very reliable diesel auto will never sell it
parts are not espensive All ive done is new roller bearing for side door new window inder guides Aus $50 each new speakers 180 klms

Purchased in May 2014 for $19,000.00.

z80

z80hobart

Vito 111 CDi van-From new

Date PurchasedJune 2011
Bob

BobDarwin

What will go wrong next?

BodyWagon
LineWagon
Date PurchasedMay 2008

Find out how Mercedes-Benz Vito W639.I compares to other People Movers

Limp mode, mine does this to occasionally and the engine light comes on and goes of. I have had it checked and the local merc specialist said it hard to find and fix an intermittent fault. The electric window on the passenger side is broken. I have put lube on the other so as not to stress the motor. The spare wheel mechanism is stuck. I use mine for renovation work and as a stealth camper. I love it, it has done 160,000 but not hard km. I bought it with 65,000 km and I have had no major problems

Date PurchasedAug 2009

It's good but it's a Benz and it should be better

90000KMs & the transmission died. $5K repair...... 125000Kms and the electronics under the dash caught fire and the thing was destroyed. Benz, be like "it's out of warranty.. we don't care". Compared with other Vans on the road they drive like a car and if you do long trips they are pretty comfy. Tyres don't last long, brakes don't either. That can get expensive every two years too. A nice comfortable van, but the dash is clunky. You can have a clock but not outside temp. You can have outside temp... but not a clock. This type of crap is not good enough from a marquee product.

Engine Type113
Date PurchasedJune 2009
Brenda

BrendaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

love the the van but the but not electronics that control it

we purchased this van at an auction [ previously belonged to the health dept ] and it had only 56000 kms on it .We had about 4 years trouble free motoring then to term a phrase the wheels started falling off it was always serviced by a place that serviced ambulances,to get breaks completely replaced cost $1600 then it had serious electronics problems which they couldn't fix and referred me to someone else and after another $1500 later it was back on the road ,6 months down the track electronics problems again only $300 this time . the bottom line is, we love the van, the leg room ,the performance& handling,the fuel consumption but the reliability and repair cost would make us skeptical about having another one.

Date PurchasedSept 2010
mona

monaErmelo

this is perfect cause we are big family

Mercedes benz vito is comfortable and it it very nice vehicle especially when you have a family,even much enjoyable for the long journey and kids can stay comfort too when I'm driving. And one thing I like about it is it has enough space .And every body in the family crazy about it.

Bodymini combi
LineHigh Roof
Arthur

ArthurPascoe Vale South

will never buy another vito

Purchased from a dealer in January 2006, 4000km, has now done 155000km and serviced as per specifiactions. Interior "appalling quality", but worse of all the airconditioning does not work if temperature is 33c+, blows hot air,had taken back to dealer during and after warranty between 25 and 30 times, they could not find anything

BodyWagon
Bud

BudLaunceston

Problem couldn't be fixed

Portjoly

PortjolyAdelaide

Nothing more than wear and tear

alfagt76

alfagt76Sydney, NSW

Few issues after 208,000km

Purchased in September 2005.

Noise Level
Frank M

Frank MMelbourne

Worst vehicle I've ever owned!

I've owned 8 vehicles, mostly new like the Vito, or demonstrators and the Vito has had more issues than the other 7 vehicles combined! Appalling quality, and the Benz owned Melbourne Australia dealership can't even fix some of the faults after 4 years! Buy any other van, rather than a Vito. I can't wait to offload this one in a few months time and I'll never touch another Benz.

Vito fan

Vito fanVanderbijlpark

Good car, really LOVE it

I only had 2 problems with my 2004 115 2.2 cdi and never one major problem. Its parts was real cheap if you take what you get out of the car. But i won't buy it new, the car's value will fall with about half in the first year so its much cheaper to buy secondhand. On its feul economy i would recomment it, much better than any in its class. Have done more than 982098 km on mine but probebly need a new one now an will buy mb vito again!!! It is very relaible and never left me standing in the middle of nowhere.

Once broke a universal joint(my own fold, driven up a bad mountain road) Once broke a door handle and struggeld for 2 weeks because I couldn't get one, at least found one on a scrapyard.

Bob

BobCentral Queensland, QLD

2004 CDI 115 Vito Auto 5 seats

Have 320,000 Klms with no engine problems HAve serviced myself or a friendly Mechanic as dealer wants to charge Min $400 for everything Wanted $400 to replace one shocky got a pair of Bouges from spare parts shop $172 Window winders replaced wanted $400 each bought from MB spares Fishwick ACT and did myself same with D rubbers Oil and fuel Filters Dealer $60 & $90 Spare parts shop Bosch Oil filter $16 Fuel Filter $35 same with brake pads. Fantastic vehicle but Dealer service is terrible. on Highway running i use less than 8 litres per 100 klms if no road works ect Ballina to Rockhampton 60 litres.

Terrible van

Numerous quality issues, both power windows went, had to replace window regulators, Would no longer recognise the key - needed a new EIS $1500, Clutch jammed needed new clutch and flywheel - $2000. Parts are horrendously expensive regular service base is $700 but usually ends up being $1000. Now the diff is making bad noises.

Engine Type109 CDI

tanyaBrisbane, Queensland

115 Cdi lwb 2006 8 seater

I have done 228,000kms have not had any major problems with it at all just little things like brake pads,rotors, but then again it done a lot of driving too, it's sad to read sll these complaints as it is a great reliable van for me and my family.. We Also have a great mechanic if anyone lives in Brisbane and wants his number let me know, my parents are just about to buy 3 more for there business..

I will admit Mercedes service bad they say they do things and you find out later they didn't.. Once again we have an awsome mechanic that has saved my parents heaps and atleast you know the jobs been done and properly..

Mercedes customer service is pathetic which is such a shame

nibi
nibi

HI tanya.........i would greatly appreciate if you could send me mechanics details in Brisbane as Mercedes service is a rip-off!!! Thanks.....lorraine

anthonyg

anthonyg

Terrible

Mercedes Vito 115 Lwb

jeffk

jeffkAU

does the vito have an inherent auto transmission problem?

Same problem with auto transmission twice within 165,000 kms
Both electric window motors replaced and now rear window wiper wont work
safe,good braking and comfortable for a van
inherent auto transmission problem,both side electric windows replaced

prkevk

prkevk

Terrible

I would never buy another Mercedes product. For a company that has been making vehicles for so long, they have goofed this one.
The best looking van on the market. I bought a crewcab 115 diesel new in 2004.
Noisy - very little attention given to noise suppression, considering vans are on the road more than cars. Poor build quality, poor panel fit. Lots of squeaks and rattles. Crewcab seat very heavy and awkward to remove and replace. Broke down three times in 2 years and needed towing. Indifference from Mercedes head office. Clunky gearbox. Not easy to open or close sliding doors.