MetLife

MetLife

1.0

Suzanna

Suzanna

One star is the least you can give them.

Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Claim ApprovedNo
Marie Hart

Marie HartSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

MetLife will deny your claim, then advise you that you are a fraud

My policy was part of a group insurance policy for NSW Police officers via First State Super. I made a claim in 2015; for TPD. MetLife denied they were the insurer for two years. Once the Government Overseer became involved they admitted they were the insurer, then denied my claim as I travelled overseas. Despite the fact I had to purchase business class tickets and get special permission to travel with restricted pain killers.four years and still counting looks like we will have to go to court.

Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateOctober 2015
Claim ApprovedYes
David S.

David S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Premiums Doubled

After holding insurance with CareSuper through Metlife for a number of years I get a notice from my super fund advising the premiums have doubled. They are using the change in super legislation as the excuse to gouge.

Claim MadeNo
Income Insurance

Find out how MetLife compares to other Income Insurance

Stressed Out

Stressed OutLaunceston

Do not waste your time!

Paid dead money basically, had them continuously take out on the wrong day even though fixed countless times, go elsewhere! Will never recommend or use again, hope they can sleep at night.

jasper88

jasper88Perth, WA

Metlife certainly will not help you through a difficult period and fails in Customer Service.

Insurance claim madeYes
Jason L

Jason LMelbourne

Judgmental, awful time-wasters who take ages to do anything

Matt

MattMelbourne

Discarded like trash.

It's only fair to fellow consumers that I share my experience with this company to ensure they make an informed decision. I applied for life insurance via my superannuation provider and on the application form I did the right thing and mentioned the fact that there was a family medical condition as required, however not that it's impacted me. After clicking submit I was rejected straight away and now blacklisted by the company, very poor business morals, no follow up, no medical, disgusting.

worse insurance company ever

Declined to pay out on IP & TPD claims. Took 1/5 medical reviews and used it to decline. Even ignored medical review they arranged themselves. Statewide super also supported Metlife in declining. They did offer 30% of claim value to settle while denying liability. That was refused. Of course everything is offered on a confidential, nil liability basis. Suggest if you have a settlement conference you tape record it.