2.9

3.6

Django C.
Django C.

Beware of noise

Good efficient unit and will save you money, but don’t believe the 48decibel noise level. Even at 8metres from our bedroom it’s annoying. Especially as even when the timer off function is set to OFF (which we do at night), the fan kicks in for a few minutes every few hours to “measure the ambient air temp” according to the service people at chromagen. It’s the on / off change of sound that wakes you up. Our neighbour is super angry about it Show details
TopcatMelbourne20 posts

So far so good

Pretty happy. the showers are hot and pressure is good.
Unit has a wifi setting but the app is unable to see it. Chromagen says it just doesn't work in Australia. Id like to purchase the extra wifi card or whats ever to make this work.
Also, the disinfect cycle runs Sunday night when you're trying to sleep. Can't be changed!
Karl N.
Karl N.

Perfect money saver

We have reduced our bills by getting rid of our gas system and this runs through the day when our solar is producing power. Money in the pocket, and it works brilliantly. Show details
Robert W G
Robert W GMid North Coast, NSW6 posts

Ordered and paid 2/8/22

No updates, no communication apart from when I called them. Promised the world, delivered nothing. Offered refund 'tomorrow', twice, still waiting. Show details
GingerNinja
GingerNinja2 posts

If presentation and functionality of a product is important to you ? go with another brand

Is it cheap to run , compared to other water systems? Yes.
did it look like the brochure when it was installed. Yes.
Do I think this product is made to be used in Australian Conditions? NO!

People have complained about the display unit being hard to read , I’d have to agree.
With the design of this system I can understand Having some type of condensation running down from top but enough to cause Rust ? and discolouration of the finish … within 36 month’s is pretty bad if you ask me.

I’ll let these images attached sink in for anyone who actually takes the initiative these days to research prior to purchase
Best luck to you all.

Obiwan
Obiwan4 posts

Nice unit but useless display

Have not tried high demand yet but had to call service about display which I thought was not working. They were very helpful but said I had view from a step ladder at night to see the display. The display is "clearly" useless by daylight. Needs a good explanation in the manual but I guess this would be embarrassing. Show details
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed
Holbi
HolbiRichmond-Tweed, NSW35 posts

Trouble free economical hot water heater

So, never heard of heat pumps before getting one installed by our house builder. After 5 years the heater is still going strong without a single problem (touch wood).
We have never tampered with the original settings and it continues to supply copious quantities of hot water, even with extreme use by many household visitors.
It has a Holiday mode which we have never used and have left the unit for weeks without a problem.
One negative is a bit of rust around the top cover from the condensate dripping during operation. Show details
Bon
Bon

No one will even give me an installation date…

I wish I reviewing this unit after having one installed, but I have paid the company in full and asked repeatedly when I can get it installed, yet no one will get back to me. Our current hot water system is on its last legs and we are hanging out for an install date but Chromagen is giving us nothing.
Buyer beware when dealing with this company, I am so far unimpressed and very unhappy. Show details
Greg S.
Greg S.Perth, WA2 posts

New Midea 280L heat pump is great!

Green Logic installed a 170L Midea heat pump for us at our last home in Cannington about 9 years ago and it never missed a beat. When we moved to Canning Vale we didn't hesitate to order the new 280L Midea my brother in law had Green Logic install (he's been raving about it!). It works perfectly with our solar panel system to generate free hot water from our excess solar power. Would highly recommend to anyone. Show details
Drew
Drew

Free hot water from the air!

Bought a new Midea 280L Heat Pump from Green Logic last year to replace my existing gas storage heater.  The heat pump is quiet and runs during the day when my solar panels are generating making perfect use of our excess energy.  Easily caters for a family of 4 with no sign of running out of hot water with the big 300L storage.  Great value for money and would definitely recommend.
Greg G.
Greg G.

Very well built and easy to set timers with new Version 2 280L

Replaced my first Version 1 280L Midea which lasted 12 years this week with the new and improved Version 2 Midea 280L. The new Midea 280L V2 is very well built with a new powder coated steel shroud replacing the old plastic one. Built to hold up to the scorching UV rays in summer and now comes with the added bonus of easy to set timers. I set mine to run for free during the day off my solar panels so the cost is neglible if anything to run. The heat pump is also very quiet running at a mere 48 decibels. Great alternative to a solar hot water system without the need of mounting anything on your roof. Show details
Chloe
ChloeSouth East Queensland, QLD7 posts

PKinOz
PKinOzRichmond-Tweed, NSW26 posts

VERY noisy

Very noisy, the unit needs to be set up for timer so it doesn't operate at night. BUT that is a nightmare to do. Not at all logical and very difficult to set times. Then one little power outage and you have to go through the whole hideous process again.
It defeats the object if you want to run it overnight to take advantage of lower electricity tariffs.
Takes a very long time to heat up after the family has used all the hot water.
In short - don't waste your money on this rubbish. Show details
Grzegorz B.
Grzegorz B.South East Queensland, QLD15 posts

Megans G.
Megans G.

WARNING!!!! Do not get one

Noisey so noisey its woken me up every night since installed its over 30 feet away from bedroom double brick house its always running insulation is terrible so it always heating just dumb. When installed the team fitted it to old stand and now its not sitting unstable and crooked incoming pipes holding it in place and they did not take old tank left rubbish everywere even had to get rid of box it came in myself they lied to me at every stage when i asked why they were not taking old unit the installer looked at me and said we dont have anywhere to keep them DO NOT ACQUIRE
Midea
Midea   DM

pete
pete

i have 280 litre version.must be a newer version as screen is easy to read.i want to set target temp to 50 but lowest it goes is 55.ani ideas?

Regarding the linking of HP280( RSJ23/300RDN3-B) has anyone managed to get it to link to the SmartHome app? . I rang Chromagen and try told me the app doesn’t let you the app and hot water service in Australia, is this true ? If so why don’t they disclose this in the manual? Has anyone been able to connect it ? How else do you check the power it’s consuming ?

Topcat

I have the same problem, and Chromagen told me the same thing

naith2
naith2

I recently had one of these units installed. Like others posting before, I found the manual not very clear.

Some questions about the modes, which are not actually explained (as far as I can find)
1) There is an "Economy" mode, but it is not explained what the difference is. eg does it only use the heat pump and never uses the e-heater?
2) The E-Heater mode - does that mean it only uses the electric heater (that sounds strange).
3) I selected the "Economy" mode, but later found that the unit changed by itself to E-Heater mode. I had to change it back to Economy mode, but then another few days and it is back to E-heater mode. I don't know why it does this, and what the effect is.

Would be great if someone can explain this!

CategoryElectric Continuous Hot Water Systems