Milano Outdoor Umbrella

Milano Outdoor Umbrella

Open/close cord broke after 2 weeks now useless

After 2 weeks the rope that is used to open and close the umbrella broke and can't be retrieved as the struts are studded not screwed together. It's now useless

Sascha

SaschaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

for the $99 we paid, we got 3-4 summers out of it!

Given we only paid $99 for this cantilever umbrella from MyDeal 3 or 4 years ago, I think it's held up remarkably well. The structure itself is still functional and not unsightly or faded, just the canopy is starting to wear out now so we need to replace it before next summer. It seems a shame we can't just buy the fabric canopy to save dumping the frame! Admittedly we had the cover over the canopy during showers and detached the folded closed upper frame and stored it in the shed over the winters, so it wasn't out in the weather 24/7, but that wasn't a big deal. If I knew I'd have the same run with a new one, I'd buy it again.

Purchased in October 2016 at MyDeal.com.au for $99.00.

Jitendra

JitendraSouth East Queensland, QLD

I would not even give it any part of a star

Bought 0n 29/1/19 off Kogan did not unpack and use till December 7th 2019 Umbrella fell apart 3 pieces holding it up broke. When you wound umbrella to open the lever would not stay and kept winding down. Had to be tied so it would stay.No information as to who to contact as not listed in my history of purchases.Don,t know why

Purchased in January 2019 at Kogan.com for $94.00.

Outdoor Furniture Products

Find out how Milano Outdoor Umbrella compares to other Outdoor Furniture Products

Hugh Barker

Hugh BarkerMurray Mallee, SA

One of the worst Umbrellas

The material has just fallen apart __ badly its only two years old ,did have trouble with the wind blowing it over even with weights eventually fixed it into the cement that worked but with the material split everywhere as i said no shade . You would think that the firm that makes these umbrellas when they read these reports would be ashamed an at least improve their product not keep selling the rubbish

Purchased in March 2018 for $99.00.

Bernadette

BernadetteSydney, NSW

Worst purchase ever

This umbrella needs weights to hold it down or bolted to the deck to keep it in place otherwise it topples over with a breeze. I regret not doing a review before purchase!

Purchased in September 2019 for $99.95.

Ruane

RuaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Didn't even make it to the end of the 12month manufacturer warranty before rusting internal mechanism

The winding handle mechanism of the umbrella stopped turning resulting in the ropes snapping. contacted Kogan to use the warranty. They dragged it out just long enough to advise it was outside the 12 month warranty. referred to Milano Direct to be advised the same. The rust inside of the mechanism was so bad that it would have started rusting well before the warranty period.

Purchased in December 2017 at Kogan.com for $99.00.

Michael BMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Could have been designed better

I bought our Milano umbrella from Kogan some months ago now.
My problem so far is that the umbrella doesn’t sit flat/even.
What I mean by this is it is always sitting at an angle when up
and one side is always touching/rubbing on the main upright post.
The edge of the umbrella has now started to fray and given time will no doubt wear through and damage the umbrella fabric.
Kogan have been helpful but my main issue is with the distributor.
After many emails asking for an explanation for this problem
I have now been sent another umbrella I will let you know the outcome.
Can’t wait for the cord to break"...........

Purchased in October 2018 for $106.00.

AdamK

AdamK

Fragile product, don't buy it!

Very, very dissatisfied with this product! Plastic parts on the top and side of the umbrella have quickly become fragile in the sunshine and broken. A poor design for Australian conditions.

Rubbish product

Good for a couple of weeks then cord broke- disappointed, cant possibly buy another or recommend to anyone, not even going to bother to send it back.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Waste of money

Purchased cantaliver umbella, and pavers to hold in place. Thought it good price until I discovered cord broke within 2 weeks. Returned to Bunnings for replacement. Within another 2 weeks cord had broken on second one. What rubbish!!!

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Useless!!!!

Bought this on Groupon. Used for about a month after buying concrete pavers to prevent it from collapsing.
round area at the top cracked (where rope went through).
Now umbrella will go up nor down as it is at the moment.
Contacted Groupon who contacted the company. They wanted photos of needed repair. We sent numerous photos and small video.
They said they could not replace because of low stock!!
Groupon very happily refunded our $99. umbrella - useless- still stands in our courtyard - useless.
Well done Groupon. No stars Milano distributors.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Don't buy this umbrella

Bought umbrella and at first was happy with product until after 3 months bracket at top of umbrella cracked and I asked for a repair or replacement as it had a 12 month guarantee. Don't believe it. Told wear and tear after 3 mths use. Never again.

karenSydney

Worst purhase ever

Rope snapped after 2 months
Flimsy
Snapping of rope caused poles to snap
Very disappointing. Advertised on so many sites and assumed it would be a sound purhase. Have not been happy with it from day 1. Not worth it no matter how good the deal. A complete waste of money

Roped snapped

Bought this Milano umbrella with Amex points on Westpac. All the faults written here happened to me. Needs concrete pavers to support. Hard for people to get up and the rope snapped after 2 months and no way of repairing it. Rubbish product.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Ace

AceSydney

Broke after 1 month

I bought this on Ozsale and after one month, the cord broke. Requested return and was declined. Surely they have to have a warranty! I might have to take it further to Consumer Affairs.

Li1

Li1Melbourne

Good for the price

Firstly, it is designed to be weighted down with cement pavers so reviews that say it blows over without them....duh.
With pavers it is pretty sturdy. Material of canopy is fairly thin but serviceable. Most of these cheaper ones do not do well in much of a stiff breeze. Do not leave up if unattended.

colin.elliott2

colin.elliott2Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

a pile of cheap rubbish

always felt tight to wind. now cord has broken. waiting for Mydeal to respond. they want a picture of the broken cord inside the tubing ???? I think it is destined for rubbish collection. Different brand next time.

Rita Wright

Rita WrightGold coast

Poor stability

The canvass on this umbrella is actually pretty good and seems durable enough. The stand, however, is not very stable. Ours kept on falling down and we only managed to get the whole thing to stand properly by stacking a couple of heavy objects at the base, which can basically ruin the look of your patio.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

This is the perfect umbrela for me. 5 stars

I have been looking to buy this umbrela for quite some time I find to be so elegante. Even concerned about
The heaviness of the stand. I just love ❤️ it.
You may can let me know if it is secure on the ground
Please. Ordering today

Date PurchasedOct 2017

poor quality and design

this faded very shortly after buying had to stable it with cement blocks
It broke in the main part of stand had to get my nephew to mend it for me

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Wendy O.asked

I bought a Milano 3mtr Umbrella in November, in December the chord snapped. I want to know how you can help me to get it repaired.

Wendy O.

What a waste of space and money

Michael B

Sorry Wendy the cord on my umbrella has not broken yet but I have read a few reviews stating the same thing.
Contact your supplier or go back to shop where you bought it.

Mag

Magasked

Why are these being sold? They are only fit for the tip!!

karen

I know, Milano umbrellas are absolute rubbish, a rip off and they need to be removed from the market

Emulatori

Groupon/BDirect claims they're worth $449 full price. Horrendous false advertising!

Samm

Sammasked

Help - I unpacked as been sitting in garage for a while - no base tube so completely useless as cannot fit it together onto stand - any helpful

suggestions please?

Emulatori

Unfortunately, no helpful suggestions other than attempting to contact BDirect (but good luck, their reviews aren't exactly glowing). If you don't mind spending a little bit of cash, Ikea sells a number of umbrella stands but they may cost more than the milano umbrella itself.
I'm currently fighting Bdirect/Groupon for the same issue raised immediately after I received it. The glue on the tape used on the box has denatured and wasn't sticky. I'm amazed more pieces didn't get lost on the trip.