1.7

• Rates and Fees

Sonya Shaykhoun

Sonya ShaykhounSydney, NSW

Highly Recommended

A friend told me about Modwood decking and I decided to give it go. I bet this is the best one ever and it has been able to withstand the harsh Australia weather conditions. It's been years now and my patio is still standing strong and beautiful. Highly recommended!

anthony f.Far North Queensland, QLD

WARNING! WARNING! Do NOT buy this stuff!

Heed the warning of all the other reviews - couldn't be more disappointed with the (lack of) service from Modwood. Faded beyond recognition after about 6 months, started cracking about 3 years later and now looking to replace with timber or a better composite that don't leave their customers out to dry.
Really disappointed, also appalled with the fake reviews they're obviously posting which is laughable.
Don't buy Modwood, read the reviews and save your $$$!

anthony f.

have been in touch with you guys in the past and got nothing out of it since tried calling with no answer and no call back im not going to waste my time id be better off joining the class action below!!

ModWood T.ModWood

We have no record of you contacting us, please email us at info@modwood.com.au with your phone and email contact details and we can assist you further.

G.Taylor Constructions

G.Taylor ConstructionsCentral Queensland, QLD

Absolutely horrible!!

same experience as everyone else - should have heeded the warning!
no support from Modwood, even used their new Xtreme guard board and a few months later its already faded beyond recognition. their warranty isn't worth the paper its written on - DO NOT BUY MODWOOD!

Sandra

SandraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing decking and steps

I Don't write reviews but on this occasion, I couldn't resist. Thanks to Modwood for the amazing decking and steps. I would highly recommend this company to anyone wanting decking done. We love it.

Sandy

Sandy

Dangerous! Modwood customer service and products failed

We purchased Modwood as a sustainable alternative to wood but it split dangerously in several places and family member’s foot went through it! Modwood failed to respond to phone and written complaints. Builders who came to quote to replace it were equally appalled.

Another Modwood disaster

Same experience as all the other victims- laid with the proper clip fixing system at great expense and simply can not tolerate The Australian sun and weather / buckled / split / deformed - not acceptable given the worthless warranty and high cost - only a matter of time as word is spreading modwood / your days
days are numbered , any builder recommending will shoot their own reputation Down.

Lawry

LawrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent company!

Wonderful! These guys help the ecosystem by recycling plastics and in the process, help by reducing other materials required, like wood! Love what you do guys. Needs to be more of this in Australia!

Aceman

AcemanSydney, NSW

The worst product ever!

I couldn't be more disappointed. 6 months after installation, the deck went from a nice deep red-brown to a faded, pale pink colour - how do they get away with it? 5 years on and my deck is crumbling and falling apart. The worst part is, Modwood don't want to help me AT ALL! So very disappointing. So much for this Australian made terrible product. Never again. Save yourself the hassle and STEER CLEAR of Modwood!

Disgusted

DisgustedVictoria

Very Disappointed with lack of Quality

We installed at great cost several areas around out house with Modwood. It has bowed in a number of sections allowing water to sit on the decking for long periods. It was installed by a builder. Modwood have fobbed us off and showed no interest despite us sending many photos and evidence. We are so disgusted we have gone to Consumer Affairs. It does not deserve a rating.

Not value for money

We should feel lucky our deck hasn’t cracked or warped yet but goes mouldy all the time has faded but bought light colour so is ok ours is 6 years old would not recommend this product to anyone as it’s expensive as we are elderly thought it would be easy maintenance but!!!!! So wrong. Jean Jarrett

rob1717

rob1717Peel, WA

Had to give one star as couldn't rate any lower

This was a very expensive mistake. Despite claims as to the longevity and being supposedly maintenance free this product has become the complete opposite. It started to crack, twist, warp and swell after about 2 years and now after a further 6 years is like walking on corrugated iron it is SO uneven. Gaps have joined up and now pools water in places. Despite contacting Modwood on several occasions and completing their claim forms including a plan with numerous accompanying photos was denied any warranty claim. NEVER use this product. It is going to be very expensive to replace. Over promised and under delivered. SO, SO disappointed.

Does anyone know of a viable alternative?

Peter FM

Peter FMByron Bay

Modwood disaster.

L DavisHunter Region, NSW

Disappointed product

I had a Modwood deck installed thinking it would be the best product for wear & require little maintenance -WRONG WRONG WRONG! It has become impregnated with the months of red dust that was in the air during the severe summer we all endured as well as warping & borders constantly have to be re-screwed - WORST product I have used... my husband & I have built 6 homes & renovated 4! I would not recommend this dreadful product & advise people to use true & tested products like hardwood or merbau decking which would have been at least 75% of what we paid for the Modwood deck - most unhappy!

bobsSouth West, QLD

Waste of money

wendy

wendycentral coast

what a piece of ...............

I am a wheelchair user and the Occupational Therapist OT recommended Modwood. A government agency part funded cheap pine ramp but the OT convinced us to pay more and go with the Modwood as it would hold out better to the daily traffic and is easier to maintain.

We self funded most of the ramps at our previous properties and have always used a hard timber. Slight upkeep but nothing compared to the Modwood. I did some research and agreed with the OT as it was used in commercial environments and appeared to uphold to its statements. I have contacted Modwood and they have just given me a blanket statement which really means nothing.....Keep away from this ......

Job Satisfaction

Loza o.

Loza o.Far North Queensland, QLD

Modwood- complete failure, unsuitable for the Tropics

Kathryn

KathrynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Modwood compensation was a sorry from the Queensland Manager Michael

We put a deck at the end of our pool using modwood just three years ago and I am in shock with how much it keeps fading. Not just a few months after installed it just keeps fading. The manager mentioned about products they have brought out to recolour there product. We bought them for just under $200 and we have just done it this week. The review above worried me as I did notice a board that looks higher than the rest. I had my fencing guy come out last week and have to adjust the fence panel as he said the deck has moved. If this gets worse we will be asking for compensation and if I only get a sorry like last time well have to go to the next step. We had to buy the products and then pay a guy to repaint our boards.

Chris Pickard

Chris PickardSydney, NSW

Do not use, ever !

So upsetting to see what we now have to live with. Laid about 6 years ago & expensive. Has now warped, buckled & lifted. Very hit to walk on in hot sun.
Will need to replace whole deck at more great expense.

Allen S.

Allen S.South East Queensland, QLD

Very inferior product

I installed 150sq meters of Modwood Decking 8 years ago and the board continue to crack and swell when moisture is absorbed. Modwood are not offering any replacements and denying responsibility for a faulty product

Anita

AnitaIllawarra, NSW

To use or not to use...that is the question.

Peter FM

Peter FMasked

I am looking into a class action in order to get some compensation from Modwood, if anyone is interested in joining please let me know.

Therese P

Yep I'd be interested. Mine has cracked. Bev

Me too

Bob jefcoate

Bob jefcoateasked

We have had a mod wood decking both top and bottom installed the upper level the wind from a West how's through and the decking howls's like anything what causes this

L Davis

Cannot answer why wind howls through but we are very disappointed with our Modwood deck...it certainly is NOT maintenance free & scuffs & marks....was impregnated with red dust from recent bush fires. Very unhappy with product.

bobs

Disappointed with my modwood deck too, wish I had chosen to install a wood deck not modwood. Had it professionally installed, its warped and split where 50% of the screws have been placed, waste of money, told it would last 25 years and it was only 7years old when I started having problems. RE howling try covering part of deck to identify which part is howling, if its isolated to one spot maybe you can install some flashing to stop it. Steel Flashing can be made to any size with different angles of creases from a fabricator, is in most colourbond colours and is pretty cheap.

marypryde45

marypryde45asked

Our local Kingswood Council has used MODWOOD on their public boardwalk near Victory Park, Chelsea. I have been here for 10 years and it still looks perfect. They are planning to put MODWOOD on a new boardwalk further down. I wanted to put a new outdoor deck to replace our 10 years old breaking up merbau, which takes a lot of maintenance.....but now worried by your reviews.

L Davis

I am most unhappy with the product...it fades, during the hot summer it became impregnated with red dust that was blowing around & because of water restrictions we could not hose; it scratches & we have been told the only way to get rid of the scratch marks is to hand sand with fine sandpaper!
I would definitely not recommend & go would investigate other decking materials

Hope this helps

HAJ21
HAJ21

Mary we were all set to get it done and then a friend who is a commercial painter recommended we researched it more as he had seen a lot of residential failures over the years. Maybe they use a different rating for commerical jobs.

Get an answer from our members and ModWood representatives