Listing monitored by ModWood

• Rates and Fees

Dave S
Dave SSydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent product

Very easy to install and work with. Maintaining it is just as easy, a simple wash down and it looks brand new again. Would recommend this product to everyone if you want something that looks like wood and is very easy to maintain unlike wood actually is.

vennstra7
vennstra7Sydney, NSW

Great product

Modwood was recommended by our builder. Undertook some research of my own and determined it to be comparable to other products so gave go-ahead. Not having experienced other products makes a comparitive review difficult so I'll just say that the Modwood product has not dissappointed. It seems very durable, dense (it doesn't seem at all flimsy) and most importantly doesn't need annual treatment.

anthony f.
anthony f.Far North Queensland, QLD

faded within months - not happy

don't believe the fake reviews they post, my Modwood faded within the first few months. Really disappointed with the product definitely wouldn't look at using it again - ever! not happy.

Glen S.
Glen S.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Excellent Product

Modwood is an easy to use product and it looks great. The Kleva Klip system is a brilliant idea so there's no drilling and screwing. I'll be using Modwood again.
Cheers
Glen

The deck looks great

Built a 36 m2 deck using mod wood, it looks fantastic. The reason I choose mod wood was the colour options available, I choose Sahara. It has been down for 6 months now and still looks as good as when I laid it. Dirt just hoses off and it is not hot to walk on.
Certainly recommend Modwood

Helen
HelenSydney

Static electricity

Good product BUT the static electricity causes terrible electric shocks! I contacted Midwood about it but did not get a response. Besides this it seems a good product, however if I had known about the static electricity shocks, I would not have purchased this product.

Very happy with Modwood

It feels good to know that it is made from recycled materials, doesn’t deteriorate unroofed . Looks fantastic. Good range of colours to choose from . My trusted builders recommended it. It feels great under bare feet

Rachel
Rachel

Looks great but can be too hot to walk on

Fantastic for zero maintenance and looks great. Only down side is it is burning hot in full sun on hot days. Would not be good for pets or kids in Australian summers if used in large areas in locations of direct sun as it can get too hot to walk on.

Macca
MaccaGeelong

Great decking

We decided on Modwood for outside decking and were extremely happy with the results. Although a little expensive for a recycled product, it was easy to use and gives an attractive deck. The idea of not painting or re-oiling appealed, the fact that it is enduring was a greater point for us to purchase Modwood and it being an Australian product sold is on this product. Two years later and the deck is excellent.

Jake L.
Jake L.Northeast, VIC

Overall great product with only 2 minor draw backs

I installed ModWood as our decking on our house build about 12 months ago, we love the product, the install is easy, quality and finish is also fantastic. The only two minor issues I’ve found is that in direct sunlight in summer the product is too hot to stand on barefoot, ours doesn’t see much direct sunlight but this is a consideration for someone who may have more direct sunlight. Secondly I’ve found that grease and bird poo can stain it, I do my best to clean it immediately to avoid this. Those are the only considerations I’d like to make to anyone considering this product. If they aren’t an issue for you I highly recommend so far.

Looks good, it is good.

My old timber deck was needing too much time and attention to keep it looking reasonable so we looked for an alternative and found Modwood Xtreme Guard. Although it was comparatively expensive it met our purposes and so we had it fitted. It's now eight months later; it looks good, no sign of fading or any other defects and all the upkeep I have to do is blow it occasionally. So far so good and I'm very happy.

Annie
AnnieSydney, NSW

Great long hard-wearing product for any home/deck!

Modwood is a great long wearing product with no maintenance. It still looks brand new after 3 years! I was so happy my architect specified this product. Highly recommend it

G.Taylor Constructions
G.Taylor ConstructionsCentral Queensland, QLD

Absolutely horrible!!

same experience as everyone else - should have heeded the warning!
no support from Modwood, even used their new Xtreme guard board and a few months later its already faded beyond recognition. their warranty isn't worth the paper its written on - DO NOT BUY MODWOOD!

Sandy
Sandy

Dangerous! Modwood customer service and products failed

We purchased Modwood as a sustainable alternative to wood but it split dangerously in several places and family member’s foot went through it! Modwood failed to respond to phone and written complaints. Builders who came to quote to replace it were equally appalled.

Mitch W.
Mitch W.

Another Modwood disaster

Same experience as all the other victims- laid with the proper clip fixing system at great expense and simply can not tolerate The Australian sun and weather / buckled / split / deformed - not acceptable given the worthless warranty and high cost - only a matter of time as word is spreading modwood / your days
days are numbered , any builder recommending will shoot their own reputation Down.

Read more reviews - page 2

Bob jefcoate
Bob jefcoateasked

We have had a mod wood decking both top and bottom installed the upper level the wind from a West how's through and the decking howls's like anything what causes this

L Davis

Cannot answer why wind howls through but we are very disappointed with our Modwood deck...it certainly is NOT maintenance free & scuffs & marks....was impregnated with red dust from recent bush fires. Very unhappy with product.

bobs

Disappointed with my modwood deck too, wish I had chosen to install a wood deck not modwood. Had it professionally installed, its warped and split where 50% of the screws have been placed, waste of money, told it would last 25 years and it was only 7years old when I started having problems. RE howling try covering part of deck to identify which part is howling, if its isolated to one spot maybe you can install some flashing to stop it. Steel Flashing can be made to any size with different angles of creases from a fabricator, is in most colourbond colours and is pretty cheap.

marypryde45
marypryde45asked

Our local Kingswood Council has used MODWOOD on their public boardwalk near Victory Park, Chelsea. I have been here for 10 years and it still looks perfect. They are planning to put MODWOOD on a new boardwalk further down. I wanted to put a new outdoor deck to replace our 10 years old breaking up merbau, which takes a lot of maintenance.....but now worried by your reviews.

L Davis

I am most unhappy with the product...it fades, during the hot summer it became impregnated with red dust that was blowing around & because of water restrictions we could not hose; it scratches & we have been told the only way to get rid of the scratch marks is to hand sand with fine sandpaper!
I would definitely not recommend & go would investigate other decking materials

Hope this helps

HAJ21

Mary we were all set to get it done and then a friend who is a commercial painter recommended we researched it more as he had seen a lot of residential failures over the years. Maybe they use a different rating for commerical jobs.

HAJ21asked

Thank you everyone for your reviews. Particularly you Wendy. We are in same situation our daughter is in a wheelchair and the assessment done by an OT etc. Thanks for all these reviews we have just stepped away from an $8000 Modwood deck and will look at timber. I'd rather have to do a bit of maintenance than replace a whole deck in a few years time.

bobs

I think that is the best option.

L Davis

I totally agree....terrible product....we either have to “hand sand” the entire deck!!! or will probably end up painting if $80 cleaning product fails

wendy
wendy

Glad to hear that I have stopped at least once person/family ending up in the same boat as some of us here....CLASS ACTION sounds like a plan of action

Get an answer from our members and ModWood representatives