Navman CRUISE650MMT

Navman CRUISE650MMT

MPN: CRUISE650MMT
See the Best GPS Navigation Systems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Navman

• Battery Life
  • Route Choice
  • GPS Location Accuracy

Andrew M.
Andrew M.North Queensland, QLD

Purchased today, returning tomorrow

I've never used a dedicated nav system before, but the cruise650mmt is what I imagine navigators were like in 1998. The screen movement is chunky and slow, and despite being a reasonable screen size fonts and map are too small and difficult to read. Perhaps worst of all, its directions are completely unintelligent. I punched in an address I know well to test and selected fastest route. It chose a longer/slower route so I took the faster route, then it spent the whole drive telling me to turn around and drive all the way back to its original route...EVEN WHEN I WAS PARKED OUTSIDE MY DESTINATION!

Really quite irritated about the time wasted setting up, and now having to return it to the store and go find another brand.

Purchased in August 2021 at Officeworks Physical store for $229.00.

Lynne
LynneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very good but connector broke when under 12 months old

We have had our Navman Cruise650MMT 6" GPS for just under 12 months. It is relatively easy to use and screen is very clear and we have been satisfied with its performance. However, today when we were unplugging the power cord, the metal tip stayed in the GPS. We have been unable to connect the parts which means that we are now unable to connect the GPS to a power source. I believe that the GPS has a 2 year warranty. We will find our how good that is when we take the item back to the store where we purchased it.

Purchased in August 2020 at The Good Guys for $191.00.

Operational issues

Purchased in July 2021 for $229.00.

Neil HarrisIllawarra, NSW

Good Screen Size - Takes Sometime Set Up - Poor Navman Instructions & Site Set Up

Purchased in July 2021 at Bing Lee Online store for $229.00.

Hans
HansMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

First a dud, now all good

I reported my utter disappointment with the device here on this Forum 3 months ago. I had been contacted immediately by Navman's support team and after reviewing my case and inspecting the faulty device, declaring it beyond repair, they sent me a brand-new one which has done exactly what I had expected it to do from the beginning. I am quite happy with my Navman now and have given it the 4 star approval rating which in my view the device fully deserves (once you get it running). No more looping, good integration of my previous points of interest, my places etc. map material up to date, all good now! I express special Thanks to Navman-Support for their quick and efficient reaction to my complaint.

Purchased in April 2021.

J LalWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Cheap Quality Terrible

After using Navman for many years,Brought this newer model ,found it to be very slow,
After 2 months ,the charging port started playing up and stopped charging might be a damage port,took it back where I purchased from JB HIFI ,the person said its not covered under warranty ,that you have to pay for the repair cost, for my understanding its under 2 years of warranty, it should be repaired free of cost.

Purchased in March 2021 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $229.00.

J Lal

Just received a invoice $110 saying its now out of warranty ,can I have my Refund

Norbert Z.
Norbert Z.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

It is very slow, wrong speed, can't find street

It is very slow, takes far too long to turn and announcing wrong direction. Sometime on a freeway with a speed limit of 110 km/h suddenly it tells only 50 or 60 km allowed. Can't find a street even it existed for the last 3 years.
Doesn't recognize closed streets etc. Most useless product ever bought.

Purchased at The Good Guys Physical store for $259.00.

ian m.
ian m.Illawarra, NSW

navman cuts out when connecting to usb on computer navman cruise650mmt

trying to update my CRUISE550MT Navman it cuts out when i connect to usb on computer it shuts down fast how can i up date or charge unit out of the car
on car plug it works ok

Purchased in March 2021 for $137.00.

Bad Purchase Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waist of money

After owning TomTom for 12 years I recently purchased Navman. One would think after many years selling GPS navigation that they would build a better product. The glossy screen drives me insane reflecting every bit of clothing I wear, night mode is far to bright and reflects on the windscreen, massive distraction. GPS speedo fluctuates all the time giving inaccurate reading. Looses GPS signal all the time and for 6 inch screen everything is so small and hard to read.

Purchased in November 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $200.00.

Unhappy customer
Unhappy customerSydney, NSW

Can't even register the newly purchased unit.

What a waste of my time. Purchased the new Unit, attempted to register it only to be told the Serial Number is not recognized. So the data base of their own products in the Navman system isn't even up to date. What a farce. All attempts to register are met with cyclic web pages that keep returning to totally useless options. The company owners are "asleep at the wheel."!!

Purchased in January 2021 at Officeworks for $229.00.

0zmac
0zmacPerth, WA

DANGEROUS MAPS - Not Fit for Purpose

Purchased in June 2020 at Qantas Frequesnt Flyer Points.

Jason
JasonVictoria

worst GPS ever

Laggy navigation, in car power cord too short, map display is simplistic. My old Tom Tom ran better i am sad to say. Super disappointed right now. Map lacks detail and missing many locations and can not seach addresses without postcode. Poor battery life.

Purchased in November 2020 at Autobarn Physical Stores for $229.00.

Peter G.
Peter G.Illawarra, NSW

This is the worst GPS navigator I have ever encountered. Buy another model or brand.

Maps were inaccurate, kept jumping countries and initiate its own destinations. Kept freezing. A total waste of time and money. I returned it to the shop asap. I bought a Garmin and it is great. I have had 3 different model Navman GPS over time and all had there issues but this one is rubbish. The Garmin is so easy to set up and use. The only positive things were the magnetic bracket/fitting thing. We needed to remove the unit so many times trying to get it working that we found that clip system excellent. It also comes with a power plug that has a USB slot which was handy. To summarize, choose another model. Wished I had looked at all the bad reviews of this model before purchasing.

Purchased in November 2020 at Harvey Norman for $228.00.

SuperhetSydney, NSW

This is a terrible GPS and it's because of the GPS antenna

I purchased one of these just over 12 months ago. It kept losing GPS connections so I returned it. Unfortunately the replacement was as bad. I did a trip to Melbourne and it couldn't show the location of the car. In desperation I purchased a GPS repeater - external antenna and an internal antenna retransmitting the GPS signal. I have travelled with this repeater without the GPS experiencing a problem. Now I need to find out how to open the case and see what I can do about the antenna.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for $209.00.

Helen
HelenHunter Region, NSW

Not happy Jan

Used the GPS once. Now wont turn on. Wont connect via laptop. Screen flashes white then goes black constantly. Looks like its back to the shop and exchange for a Tom Tom again.

Purchased in June 2020 for $300.00.

Ian Lasked

Hi switch on blue screen comes up and will not go into menu Locked on the blue screen.
Pushed the reset connector a number of times at two second intervals. no joy. only 9 months old

Neil Harris

Try connecting to computer & see if do MAP UPDATE. Second option is leave Navman "ON" until battery goes completely FLAT., overnight then recharge see if problem still occurs. Otherwise I have no idea. Contact "tech support" at NAVMAN.

Hi Ian,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

To fix the problem, please follow the troubleshooting steps below.

1. Perform a hard reset on the device. You may click one of the links below for the steps.

2. Update the software and maps via NavDesk2 software. Please follow the steps from the link below.

3. If the unit is still frozen, perform Smart Recovery via NavDesk software. For instructions, please click the link below.

If the problem persist, please send us an email at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au and our dedicated service team will be more than happy to assist with any further questions you may have.

More great and keep safe.

Ian L

Many thanks for your help, all sorted now greatly appreciated.

peterw
peterwasked

How do I put the correct time and date on my cruise 650MMT?

Neil Harris

Automatically input time now detects GPS signal. Can take Several Minutes make sure outside, clear vision of sky.

Hi peterw,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Regarding your query, the date and time will automatically adjust once the unit acquires the GPS signal. Please take the device outside with a clear view of the sky for it to get a GPS signal.

Please also make sure that the time zone is correct by following the steps below.

a. Go to the main menu.
b. Tap on ‘Settings’.
c. Scroll down the page by tapping on the arrow pointing down.
d. Select ‘Time Zone’.
e. Select ‘Auto time zone’.
f. You may also set the time zone manually.

If the above has not resolved the problem, please update the software and maps on your device. For the steps, please refer to the link below:
You may also need to perform Smart Recovery. Please click http://navmantech.com/Smart-Recovery-Via-NavDesk2 for the steps.

Hope that the above information will resolve the problem. Otherwise, please send an email to our email support team at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au for further assistance.

Thank you.

Oldman J.asked

How do I replace the battery in a fairly new navman? It is always going flat and on start up it constantly displays the agreement page, most annoying. It causes the voice and other things to mostly decide to work or not. Very disappointed in this machine.

Hi Oldman J.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. There are no serviceable parts inside the unit so attempting to service and/or replace the battery is not likely advisable. You may click here http://navmantech.com/Short-Battery-Life to check if the battery is still good. Otherwise, please send us an email at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au with the fault summary, your name, phone number, address, device's serial number, proof of purchase and our dedicated service team will be more than happy to further assist.

If we can be of any more assistance, please don’t hesitate to let us know!

Oldman J.

Thanks for reply, will send details asap
Cheers

Hi Oldman J,

We really appreciate your feedback.

More great and keep safe.

The Navman Team

Get an answer from our members and Navman representatives

CategoryGPS Navigation Systems