Navman Move85LM

Navman Move85LM

MPN: 3662968
See the Best GPS Navigation Systems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Navman

• Battery Life
  • Route Choice
  • GPS Location Accuracy

Chris
ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Won't buy another one.

Purchased in September 2017 for $120.00.

Geoff.fPeel, WA

when it works it is perfect.

navdesk2 not linking to my move85lm unit. it says not connected. downloaded navdesk2 from internet to laptop with windows 10. my Navman has been playing up for a few months and the date and time is always wrong and the window is dark.

Purchased in December 2018 at jbhifi.

Julie
JulieNew South Wales

I purchased new Navman Move85LM whilst on vacation to due to screen too dark to read

Glad to read patch below for Navman showing wrong date and time. But a little too late for me as I was travelling. Mine too was doing same whilst on holidays showing date 14/01/2014 but more annoying the time was wrong and screen would go nearly black as it thought I was driving in the dark. I lightened the screen to assist until I got to the nearest store and purchased another one. But brand new and did the same thing. Not impressed.

Haka
HakaSouth East Queensland, QLD

So crippled it is uselless

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for $79.00.

Cost effective unit

Purchased in January 2020.

Gazza

Navman stand by their products

I have this Navman for 11 mths and the date and time are incorrect, along with with map display showing day maps at night making the gps too bright to use and night maps at day time. Navman have offers to look at the gps which is under warranty, but have also said it may cost $70 to fix this gps, if found the errors are not within warranty..under warranty and not within consumer law. Tried their patch and the SD cards wouldnt lock in, apparently they view this as my fault, not their manufacturing errors which have affected a number of their devices. Don’t buy these gps’s as the warranty period means nothing. You have to pay $70 to fix their manufacturing faults.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Sparky
Sparky

Good for planned trips not so good for ad hoc searches

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for $150.00.

don radfordSydney, NSW

hopeless - won't stick

I do not know how good the navgation is because I have not been able to get it to stick to the dash. The winscreen is too far away to use but there is a very smooth area on the dash of a Getz in the ideal location. However, it only sticks for a short time before falling off. I find heaps of users on the web with the same problem and a few suggestions. The only idea that looked promising is to use industrial grade velcro and I was about to order some when I read a review which says it is now made in China and the adhesive is a gooey stuff that falls off overnight.
Hence this item is now in the glovebox and probably never be used.

Purchased in June 2019 at on line for $150.00.

Works fine for me

I purchased this item a few months ago. I travel all around Sydney with my work and it has worked everywhere so far. I've used a number of different ones over the years and this is probably the cheapest I've purchased and still does the job I require, which is getting from A to B.

Purchased at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $125.00.

Find out how Navman Move85LM compares to other GPS Navigation Systems

The time and date will not update

I purchased the Mover85lm just over 1.5 yrs. The time and date would not update.
I followed all the instructions, downloaded the patch. The Navman rebooted sucsessfully and Ineven went outside to get a signel and still time and date will not update. Dont bother getting a Navman POS.

Purchased for $139.00.

janeyj
janeyjSouth East Queensland, QLD

After 3 uses, fell apart and is unusable.

Decided to try Navman when the salesman said I could enter the address by street first like Googlemaps -wrong, still have to enter suburb first. The charger plug broke and fell apart and shorted my car socket so needed to repair that. Now after only 3 uses the plastic suction cup which sticks on the window doesn't hold the Navman anymore. Unusable, complete waste of money, sticking to Tomtom. Tomtom is also better designed as the cable has USB connector into the so can plug into any USB car charger, eg dual car charger, so doesn't hog the car socket.

Purchased in August 2019 at RT Edwards Physical store for $180.00.

Roughcoats
RoughcoatsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good cheap, hopeless if you depend upon it

After many years of using a TomTom, I reluctantly had to buy a new GPS. First impression was ok, screen was bright and clear and volume ok. But then realised that basic functions I rely upon I can't use. Like when I arrive at a destination I cant set that as a favourite (or My Places). I have to set the address before I get there and then save it. My old unit I could get to where I needed to be then set that as a favourite. On my old unit I could simply set the screen to display the speedo, cant do that with this unit, but my biggest gripe is the mount is so weak that after a few minutes of driving sees the unit unable to stay up. No matter how hard you twist the knob, it won't stay put. Dont buy!

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for $160.00.

ozcanSouth West, WA

Caught again...

NavSupport A.Navman

Items like this are usually found in the toilet before you flush

This unit is a letdown. I think I’ve discovered why.
Owned by Taiwan. The “made in China” I think applies to the sticker.
Flash/patch to get the clock right don’t work. Need a bigger hammer to knock sense into it I guess.

August 26th 2019 Update: A toy at best.

I wish they’d sort out the speed limits in the mapping. I almost got rear ended today because this chunk of crap told me I was in a 60 zone. A twisty windy road, raining I was stupid enough to take it’s word for it being a 60 zone.
A car flies around a blind corner and almost ran up my back.
Death trap, this model, or the maps.

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Savant R.
Savant R.

Street numbers not updated

Unsure of the other models. Bought in June 2019.Just street numbers compare to other brands is very poor. One needs that number on that street. But its not there and gives house numbers awsy from where ine needs to go. If that happens saving a POI us impossible. I rate this model the worst ever. Not good for daily users, business man, uber drivers in fact not even me. I want my money back. Its only two weeks and i am very upset and stress if a poor product

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $80.00.

Tonyasked

What battery does the Navman move85lm use please and can it be replaced.

Hi Tony,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Regarding your query, unfortunately as the battery is not user replaceable, we can not provide the information. If you are having problems with the device’s battery, please send an email to our email support team at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au for further assistance.

Thank you.

What battery fits a Navman move85lm LM please

Hi Tony,

We are sorry we can’t provide the information as the battery is not user replaceable. However, you can go to your local battery world to check if they are able to source a battery replacement.

If you will have further queries, you may also send an email to our email support team at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au.

Thank you.

Tony C.
Tony C.asked

How can I improve the screen brightness?

Hi Tony,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

There’s a settings on the device where you can adjust the brightness level. Please follow the steps below:
1. Go to the main menu.
2. Tap on ‘Settings’.
3. Select ‘Screen’.
4. You can then adjust the brightness manually. The unit is set to ‘Auto’ as default. This means that the unit will automatically change from Day to Night mode.
5. You can override the Auto setting by tapping on the ‘Screen Mode’ option at the top of the screen and select either ‘Day’ or ‘Night’ mode.

You can also change the colour scheme of the map on your unit to get the desired view, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to the main menu.
2. Tap on ‘Settings’.
3. Select ‘Map Display'.
4. Select ‘Map scheme’.
5. Choose the desired colour scheme from the list.

Please also note that the device’s screen has a matt finish and anti-glare screen which gives it a soft feel which we recommend adjusting the brightness settings to maximum in the daytime and/or try different colour schemes.

If you need further assistance about your device, please send an email with your Full Name, Phone Number, Shipping Address, Serial Number, Date of Purchase and Store where the GPS is purchased to our email support team at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au.

More great and keep safe.

Scott S
Scott Sasked

Hi, my Navman MOVE85LM touch screen has lost calibration and I am having difficulty getting it fixed. When I did a Google search for the issue it comes up on a Navman support page that has a link for the recalibration tool.....but.....when I click in to it it says there is "0 results found". I have contacted Navman support twice and been given two options to fix it (1) a hard reset - which is the first thing I tried before contacting them, and it didn't work (2) a Smart Recovery through the new NavDesk 2. I tried this and it still doesn't work. I know there is a recalibration patch for it as there is the page that doesn't work, so surely Navman can send me a link that does work as there is nothing in their actual FAQ and Download pages? But they haven't been able to do so. Does anyone have a link that might work? I am very happy with the actual unit and don't want to get another one as it is only about 18 months old. Thanks in advance.

Hi Scott.

Thank you for reaching out to us!

We are sorry to hear that the calibration problem was not resolved by the given troubleshooting steps. Regarding the screen calibration tool, please be informed that it is not applicable for the Move85 model. If you are still having the same problem with the device, please send an email with your Full Name, Phone Number, Shipping address, Serial Number, and device’s date of purchase to our email support team at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au and we will arrange your device to be sent back for service.

The Navman Team

Get an answer from our members and Navman representatives

CategoryGPS Navigation Systems