Navman MY690LMMT

Navman MY690LMMT

MPN: 4205007
See the Best GPS Navigation Systems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Navman

• Battery Life
  • Route Choice
  • GPS Location Accuracy

Alan R.
Alan R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

My journey with NAVMAN.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $126.40.

Ralph L.
Ralph L.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Very disapointing product

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $135.00.

G Man
G ManSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing

The pro's - the unit is reasonably easy to use. The large screen makes it easy to see and operate.
The disappointing aspect of the Navman690LMMT is the battery life is in basically zero. The unit is slow to update and you cannot trust it to provided accurate information about speed zone or red light cameras. I have tested the responsiveness of the unit against known redlight cameras and speed cameras and it is unreliable and inaccurate.

Purchased in October 2020 at The Good Guys for $150.00.

Bernard J
Bernard J

Unusable

I've had this unit for over 18 months and have never been able to successfully use it. It shuts itself off at random intervals, and I cannot ever get more than 15 minutes of use out of it before it shuts itself down. Very disappointed. Would not recommend it to anybody. I have had (and still do have) other Navman models that work fine, but this model is rubbish.

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

ozgeek
ozgeekAU

It almost casused me accidents. Very slow sluggish and clunky interface

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi.

great is my MY690LMMT

I like my Navman, it's so handy. It tells me when i'm speeding, it warns me of slippery or winding roads. It's easy to find addresses and program it to get to places you don't know previously. it does all i need it too and is easy to operate. It will even find through the food menu the closest KFC. :)
The bad-The unplugged battery life is pathetic. Every now and then (very rarely) it refuses to start until i pin the reset hole.

i'm happy with it, find it essential on every journey i take and would buy the upgrade if one was offered that is better ion a heartbeat.

Purchased in October 2018 at navman direct Upgrade offer for $181.00.

NavSupport A.Navman

Total failure as cannot save more than 4 places and navdesk is useless.

Navdesk which came with the unit did not work and was told by navman to replace it with version 2 which has very few of the original functions. When saving places it allowed for four places then failed to save more, Navman told me to reset/clear reboot, same thing occurred. Navman told me to do the same again same thing happened cannot save places !

Purchased in March 2020 at Officeworks for $148.00.

A load of rubbish

When connected on Navman just keeps rebooting. As a result can not update maps or look at trip information. Have moved to different USB port but still happens, tried different cables and still the same. System is no use if it cannot be updated

Purchased in March 2018.

Andrew W
Andrew WGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Navman used to be right up there with quality, but not anymore, they have just gone super cheap rubbish.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $178.00.

Simon. CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very poor Battery life

My unit only lasts for about an hour from fully charged to flat when being used in the car. Works well then goes flat. Has to be taken out of the car and recharged. Very poor performance when using on short trips

Purchased in June 2019 at Officeworks for $170.00.

Simon. C

The unit still goes flat even when it is plugged into the car.
I guess that I will have to look at another brand for a solution

John K.
John K.Central, SA

worst I have had

John DSydney

Absolute Junk

This is my second unit (replaced under warranty after argument with store). Exactly the same problem!!! Fully charged and as soon as unplugged, turned off and not used, battery flat in less than a day. Absolutely no way I would get another one as it is just not worth the hassle. Especially as the same fault in two units clearly indicates a model fault. Might source an aftermarket battery to see if the problem can be fixed, otherwise it will go in the bin and another brand purchased. It's a pity as other Navman units previously owned were very good.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for $199.00.

John D

Two units with the same fault is NOT a fault with the unit. It is a model fault that will not be resolved by "testing" the unit.

Rob
RobMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Refuses to turn on at times

This unit is very frustrating. There are times it just point blank refuses to turn on. I can unplug it , use the power button at the back, nothing seems to get it to wake up right away. If you leave it plugged in, it MAY decide to power up after 15 to 20 minutes! So frustrating it's almost beyond words. Trying to navigate out of Sydney (I live in Adelaide) was a nightmare and had to use Google maps to head home after picking up a vehicle to take back to Adelaide.

Purchased for $175.00.

VMOS
VMOSCanberra 2600, ACT

It cant even find my house - drives right past it

I programmed my Navman to go HOME - it sent me right past my house, told me to turn right into the next street, go half way along the street, do a U-turn then go back into my street and left into my house - blind Freddie could do a better job. It doesn't know where it is and where it is going. This isnt good for a GPS , i would be better to buy a Labrador and a white cane.

Purchased in November 2019 for $144.00.

LorenC
LorenC

Don't buy a Navman MY690LMMT! Absolutely frustrating experience

Purchased in November 2019 at Officeworks for $178.00.

Steve O.
Steve O.asked

Navman My690LMMT ,
I have had this item a couple of years now, and from the beginning it was always a problem when you pressed on accept, well not having used it for a few months, when I finger press accept now it will not engage at all. my email is [Email Address Removed], if could shed any light on it I would appreciate it very much.
Yours sincerely
Dave

Hi Steve O.

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Please head over to our online self-help resource at www.service.navman.com where you can find an answer to most of your questions and concerns.

If you can’t find an answer to your question, send us an email at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au and our dedicated service team will be more than happy to assist with any further questions you may have.

If we can be of any more assistance, please don’t hesitate to let us know!

Wali U.
Wali U.asked

Hi, while trying to update the maps, I accidentally clicked on smart recovery button. Now my device is blank everything gone off. Now, pop-up dialogue says, "Downloading the latest data", but seems doesn't progress at all. What can I do? By the way, warranty is expired. Unfortunately, device was used only once since purchased in Oct 2018.

Hi Wali,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

We are sorry to hear that the map update installation and the Smart Recovery did not go through successfully. Please send an email to our email support team at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au with your Full Name, Phone number, Shipping Address, Serial Number, Date of Purchase, Place of Purchase and we will arrange your device to be sent back to our service center for software and map update installation.

Thank you.

Robert P
Robert Pasked

I cannot get the voice command function to work. It would appear that the microphone is not recieving an audio signal or has failed completely. Is there any way to test the microphone is recieving an audio signal.

Regards R Prudius

Hi Robert,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Regarding your concern, it sounds like the device is not recognizing your voice at all and the microphone might be faulty. Please private message us or send an email to our email support team at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au with your Full name, Phone Number, Shipping Address, Serial Number, Date of Purchase, Place of Purchase and we will arrange your device to be sent back for service.

Thank you.

The Navman Team

Get an answer from our members and Navman representatives

CategoryGPS Navigation Systems