Netflix

Netflix

See the Best Online Streaming Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (4%) · No (96%)

Dee

DeeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Oh so boring! Same old, same old, same old.

What happened to Netflix Australia? Boring shows. Bland, overcontroled content. Why am I paying money for this junk? Time to step it up guys, we are not all dumb brainless idiots, no matter what the government thinks.

Asha

AshaTasmania

Privacy unsafe

Love the service they offer but I have been hacked into twice, people not only using my service (from overseas) but upgraded my plan to the most expensive, the first time I didn’t know until I was charged for the premium! have now deactivated!

Robbie

RobbieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Australian Dumbed Down Version of Netflix

1. Australians are being fed a dumbed down version of Netflix with multiple foreign language movies & series. English is the language of Australia but it is not respected by Netflix.
2. Complete series are not always available. Instead Netflix drip feeds two programs at a time once a week. This causes a loss of continuity & is very frustrating compared to other streaming services. Netflix customers are paying a premium price for a substandard service.

pandamoon

pandamoonWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

not enough horror movies

if a movie is part 1, they dont usually have the part 2 to continue watching, only on some movies or seasons. selection of horror movies is rubbish a lot are in other languages. i noticed a movie will be rated high horror themes though after watching there wasnt any.

Graham M

Graham MCentral West, NSW

Signed up for "free 30 day trial" and charged 2 weeks later.

I signed up for the free trial where you have to submit your payment details. Clearly states that you won't be charged if you opt out within 30 days. The free trial forces you to select the most expensive option $19.99 per month. Tried it, didn't find anything I wanted ( mainly old TV shows ) so I decided to give it a miss, but after only 2 weeks they charged my account. Clearly deliberate misconduct and effectively fraud. Will not respond to emails. About to refer to consumer authority. On reviewing comments here, it seems the free trial offer and then illegal charge has only started in the last few months.

Red fella

Red fellaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rubbish customer service

Signed up for a free 30 day trial....everything worked fine. Then became a paying customer and since then most days unable to login, keep getting message “We’re having trouble playing this title at the moment. Please ty again later or select a different title”. After selecting over 20 different titles without success then tried again later with still no change. Contacted Netflix, was told my account wasn’t current, finally convinced operator I was in credit who then tried several things and eventually I had reception....problem, I then lost everything else on my tv - no Foxtel, no local stations, nothing. Really is rubbish with zero customer service.

Rollo

Rollo

Welcome to the Readers Digest Version of Netflix

Imagine that someone took all of the content available on Netflix US and deleted most of the Marvel movies, scores of recent release films, great TV shows like Dexter and the original Twilight Zone, and then filled the vacuum left by this content with mostly crappy movies and TV series from Japan, Korea, India, Thailand, and other non-English countries. Well someone has, and it's called Netflix Australia.

Charged for "free trial"

2 months after I signed up for a free trial I realized I was charged. I searched the app and it said that they do a charge and refund straight away to verify the account. I was never refunded. It's only $20 but it's the principal. When I called up netflix the guy was putting the blame on me, asking if I used it for longer than a month and telling me I must have joined before already. The answer is no and no! They charged me on the sign up date and just never refunded! This helpful customer service a**hole just told me plain and simple, I'm not getting a refund! That's it. So much for free trial! Don't tell me it's free and then charge me!

Tea

TeaSouth Australia

They Wont Let Us Watch Alexa And Katie

They are using eastern time. So us Australians are not being able to watch it until its morning for the Americans!!!

Foreign language

I’m not interested in reading subtitles. You offer too many of these movies and series. I’m not impressed with your overall product. It’s easier to buy DVDs. I’m looking at the same movies and series over and over

Laura T.

Laura T.South East Queensland, QLD

Never any solutions

Have had to call Netflix multiple times since I've had it, so many issues with it. No other issues whatsoever with any other apps or features of our TV, even Stan works perfectly fine. Yet Netflix "customer service" just ends up blaming our TV every single time without any investigation. Such a shame the service is appalling.

Herath

Herath

Netflix bad practice

Anyone else get these dodgy @netflix emails saying your password needs to be changed just to get you to reactivate your account and charge you for it? It has happened twice now, a week or so after deactivating my account. Dodgy practice. Take note @acccgovau

Zoo, Salvation

Shows are cancelled before story lines are complete. Counter productive watching, this wastes time and money streaming. Series should be flagged as incomplete in synopsis for accurate decision on viewing.

Amro

AmroHunter Region, NSW

Netflix is the best thing that happened to Australia

There are literally thousands of movies and tv shows being added to this platform on monthly basis for an extremely affordable price. Not sure why people are calling the service expensive?

Marcelle S.

Marcelle S.

Worst service ever

My account was hacked. They asked for a paypal billing id which does not seem to show om Australian paypal. The alternative was to provide this id from the email they sent me when I first started. In the end the only thing I could do was cancel. On the phone and chatting they were rude. I'm a computer programmer but they spoke to me like I knew nothing about computers.

Proxy issues

Contacted Netflix for support following a constant error code of an unblocker or proxy issue. Investigations with our service provider and a TV technician to look at our TV revealed no issue with them but only Netflix. Yet Netflix will not acknowledge this despite these error codes being all over Google with multiple users having the same issue. 1 hour on the phone with absolutely no resolution - constant run around and then to be sent an email to simply fill out a useless form that is not monitored and have no time limits in response. Simply the worst service I have ever experienced. Netflix is not worth this pain.

EIH1

EIH1South East Queensland, QLD

I have just discovered Netflix has been overcharging me for years.

I have just discovered Netflix has been overcharging me for years. My original account was in America but was changed to Australia when Netflix began in Australia. They have since been charging me in American dollars while I receive the Australian service. This is definitely not the same service as received in the US. This has now resulted in a loss to me of over $70. When I try to recover this amount I am given the run around by this company. We have just had a royal commission in Australia about our banking system and our banks charging for services they don't provide. It appears they are not the only company in the world doing this.

Bee

BeeSydney, NSW

Also ripped off by 'FREE' trial

I was emailed a 30 day free trial offer from Netflix. I accepted it and was immediately charged a one month subscription fee. I rang them and they wouldn't refund it because the offer was only for people who had never used Netflix before. They said I have apparently accepted a Netflix free trial in the past and so didn't qualify for the new free trial. I have no recollection of using Netflix before. If they knew I wasn't a new customer why did they email me an offer for which only new customers were eligible?

Odette

OdetteNorth Queensland, QLD

Boring

Netflix does not rotate movies enough and keep the same boring, old titles up despite being the same selection over the past year. Having just increased their monthly rate but still no signs of updating their menu. I wont be continuing with the subscription

Ripped off by 'FREE' trial

Responded to 30 day free trial and joined for standard service and was automatically upgraded to premium (wow) however premium requires 25mps and our internet cant cope so no free 30 day movies . Rang Netflix and they wont drop us back to standard service which is 5mps until we are contracted . Although in breach of several consumer laws in my opinion it's 'bad luck cant help' At least we can withdraw 3 days prior to the so called 30 day free trial . As you can see by the following reviews Netflix is better avoided and in my opinion suffers questionable corporate morality .

rob

Finally cancelled my free 30 day trial but was still charged.