See the Best Heart & Intestinal Wormers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Do not use this product

My 11lb morkie is a lap dog..he isn't in forests, etc. We walk 3 times per day, mostly on side walks. He was flea infested, after 3 treatments of nexgard. Originally, I was told that if I had an issue that nexgard would cover costs. They didnt....just made every excuse on why it wasnt their fault. It has been a costly and time consuming mistake going with nexgard...and based on the other reviews, I am not alone in this. DO NOT use nexgard.

Purchased in June 2019.

Missing produce.

Opened a box of 3 that wash purchased from the vet, only to find 1 chewable in package. Perfectly sealed box. After reading reviews and the fact i can't even give both my dogs one each.

Purchased in August 2019 at Riverland veterinary practice for $65.90.

Pet TypeDog

NexGard is killing my dog

This is the first box of NexGard. She got diarrhea, became lethargic and would at times be unsteady on her feet. These symptoms would happen regularly. Never thought of chewables. Talk to your breeder, my vet was no help at all. The vet should have picked up on the problem rather than wanting to give her pain killers and anti inflammatories.

Purchased in January 2019 for $100.00.

Diarrhea for days!

Perfectly healthy 8 month old puppy, running around happy in the morning, had the nextguard at midday. Horrible horrible diarrhea for the next 48 hours, he was dehydrated, and lethargic. Passed loose watery stools every hour for the first 12 hours, then every 2-3 hours for the next 24hours. No sleep for puppy or owner. Very scary. Would NOT recommend. This was his third dose. Have since ceased using this product.

Purchased in May 2019 for $155.00.

Works great!!!

My 2 year old Boxer was literally infested with eggs, ticks and fleas. They were groups of them on him and he would not allow me to touch him for longs periods of time. Neither frontline nor K9 advantix worked. I decided to try Nexgard. Within 24 hours they had all disappeared but 2 that were stuck in between his paws. The 2 I removed we're dead and we're "dry". Would definitely recommend, I have not seen any negative signs, but always keep an eye on my pets to in case of side effects.

Purchased in July 2019 at Vetshop.com for $57.00.

Side Effects None

Nexgard is poison!

I gave my dog Nexus yesterday. She got sick within a couple of hours. She stooled a lot, became listless, stumbled and couldn’t get back up when she fell over. She would not eat or drink. Had to give her fluids with a dropper but it wasn’t enough. Took her to the Vet this morning because she looked like she was in shock. She was indeed in shock. I know this was related to Nexgard because she was running the day before, ate all her breakfast but became severely sick within a few hours of the dose. So sad. My heart is broken.

Purchased in July 2019 for $59.00.

Pet TypeDog

Horrible side effects and death

I had been using comfortis, my vet stopped carrying it and heavily pushed nexgard instead. Said she was giving her dogs nexgard. I tried it on all 4 of my dogs, made one of them sick with diarrhea and vomiting and seizures. Two days later she’s dead and the vet can’t give me a definite cause. I know it was the medicine. She had a horrible reaction to it, so I can’t in good conscience recommend it to anyone else.

Purchased in July 2019 for $80.00.

Pet TypeDog

Don't use Nextguard, it's poison.

My Heeler was perfectly healthy. Vet recommend this (I didn't ask for anything) so I assumed it was safe. She got severe itching, hair loss starting on the ears. Then started vomiting, diarrhea, no appetite, very lethargic. Then vomiting blood. Narrowed all possible causes was after ingesting this poison. Warning:. You may kill your pet if you give it to them. Not sure if my girl will recover. Vet don't know what caused it, says it could be the Nextguard but can't say for sure but I know what happened to my dog. Nextguard was slowly poisoning her. I so regret giving it to her.

Purchased in January 2019 for $60.00.

NexGard kills pets

I gave the nexgard 2-4 kg pill to 3 puppies. They are huskies. I thought that it will work for them since they had a bid of fleas. It was suppose to be a "safe" product. My puppies started feeling ill and had diarrhea they also started vomiting. I went to see the vet and first thought it was just a tummy bug or something. They did some tests and turns out nexgard poisoned my babies. The one puppy died this morning.
He had diarrhea, he vomited a lot, and he was very weak, he almost had no blood sugar levels. It was extremely traumatizing . One of the last symptoms he showed was a seizure. I really hope and pray the other 2 will be ok. The female is also very week. They went from a normal weight of +- 2,5 kg to weighting only 1 kg in under 3 days.

July 27th 2019 Update:

So i have posted a review previously, yesterday. Just to fill you in on everything that happens. I gave my husky puppies that was 8 weeks old nexgard to treat ticks and fleas. They were weighting 2,5 kg at the time. A day after I gave them the nexgard , they started with diarrhea. There was only 3 in the litter. The one male died yesterday morning due to the nexgard treatment. He died because his digestive system gave in and kidney failure, and heart failure. This morning my female puppy died due to nexgard. Her liver gave in, she was very weak. We had to put her down because het suffering was to much. On the moment there is only one male left and it looks like he is also not going to make it. He started developing sores all over his body and its like holes is just starting to fall in all over. You can't stop it , its terrible. He also just stood up and collapsed and the urine just started to come out. It is also kidney failure.
Please to spare yourself the heartbreak and torture stay away from nexgard and the other products like nexgard as well. I would not want anyone to go through the pain I'm going through, because to me these fur babies are like my children.

Purchased in July 2019 for $55.99.

Pet TypeDog

Never use caused seizure to my dog stopped nexgard no more seizures

My 10 yr old akita had grand mal seizure from nexgard vet said it didn't cause seizure but now she can't take it anymore because she had seizure i threw 100.00 dollars worth of nexgard in garbage where this drug belongs my dog is seizure free since not using can't believe this drug is still available

Purchased in May 2019 for $100.00.

Pet TypeDog

My dog had liver issues after taking this.

on the very first day i gave it the dog stopped eating and then she was not active for days. She never was normal after that and she passed away after few months.

Purchased in January 2019 for $28.00.

Killed 2 of my dogs - avoid at all cost

I have owned Boxers for a combined 25 years with no neurological issues; until I administered NexGard. 6-months after taking NexGard they started having seizures which led to their passing.

Purchased in April 2018.

Works AMAZING!!

These reviews are a little ridiculous, I give this to my Luna and it works amazing. No fleas No ticks just as it should be. No reactions she enjoy eating it, she thinks it’s a treat so it must taste good. I really don’t know what you people think all dogs and humans have reactions to certain medications, some just don’t mix well with others, some get side effects on ANY medication dog, cat, human. And your all saying it’s “poison” well it is killing fleas and ticks anything that is killing fleas and ticks is poison. Didn’t your vet warn you of the potential side effects? Did you read the paper in the box with the side effects on it? There’s one with every prescription. I have a positive experience and so does my Luna who isn’t getting serious tick diseases or scratching till she bleeds because of fleas.

Purchased in June 2019 at Chewy for $47.00.

Side Effects None
Pet TypeDog

Dog acting funny and lifting hind legs

Give my dog nexgard chewable yesterday. this evening while eating he was lifting his backs legs one at time a time. Very strange. His gate/stride has changed. I'm so scared I poisoned him with this medicine. Will this wear off? I just lost my senior furbaby and so afraid a gave my little guy something that will damage his quality of life or kill him. :-( What do I do???

Purchased in December 2018 at Vet for $112.00.

Pet TypeDog

I wish I could give it 0 stars!

I'm stating actual facts when I say I gave my Boston Terrier of 8 years of age and healthy, a Nexgard chewable she was put to sleep because of uncontrollable seizures. She started foaming from the mouth, then started to have a couple seizures (she'd never had seizure ever) Took her to the vet after the second seizure. They started her on antiseizure meds. Almost immediately after the start of the first seizure, the seizures got worse to where she was having longer and she was starting to not be able to get her self free from the seizures. At that point the regular vet was useless and she needed a Emergency Veterinarian. She only lasted a short time there with all medications not helping her we could only keep her sedated. Our only option was to end her pain and suffering.

Purchased in February 2018.

Pet TypeDog

Do your research on carcinogens

My Great Dane Ulysses had been on Nexgard for a steady year round flea and tick treatment as we live on a farm. We were told he needed year round treatment as ticks can be present depending on the weather. Suddenly on May 1, 2019 he stopped eating and only drank water. He became progressively worse, and we called our Vet and took him in. He was given something for his stomach and taken home. He still continued to get worse and we called the Vet again and took him there. They took an x-ray and told us to leave him. They called back and told us we had to take him to a Vet Hospital as he was getting worse. We did and spent half the night there. They gave us 5 different diagnosis's and we went home figuring they could treat him as they found a enlarged heart and would treat that. That morning we received a phone call from the Vet Hospital telling us it was not his heart but he had Lymphoma cancer. We went back to the Vet Hospital with his sister, a Blue American Pit Bull Terrier, he was excited to see her and her him. He tried to get up but he was took weak to stand. They stayed together for about 20 minutes and then we put Ginger his sister in the truck and came back to the Goodbye Room at the Vet Hospital, where we blessed him said our goodbye's and I held his head and kissed him goodbye and held his head and petted him and kissed him goodbye, that was on May 9. 2019 at 4:30 pm. What we didn't know was that this had been building up in him the whole time. We did research and found that 1 dose of Nexgard can last in your animal for up to 12 months, and Afoxolaner is a carcinogen which can cause cancer in dogs. Ulysses was only 4 years old, and 175 pounds far to young to pass on this way.

Purchased in April 2018 at Vets for $40.00.

Pet TypeDog

My dog extremely Sick after first time

Within 2 weeks after giving my schauezner she started throwing up, having seizures, not eating..Very lethargic, and spotting blood..This dog was completely healthy until i gave her nextgard...Im very scared Im going lose her..Its totally poisoned her

Purchased in April 2019 for $50.00.

Warning; Don’t Trust This Product

I have been dealing with what I thought was food and or pollen allergies with my 18 month old Bernese mountain dog since she was *6 months old. I’ve modified her diet a number of times, yet the itching and periodic diarrhea continued to some degree.

Over the past few months Mojo developed some skin sores from scratching and was recently put on an antibiotic and steroid treatment, which seemed to help.

I was in Florida for the winter and was delayed 10 days from giving her the nexgard. As soon as we got home I gave her the monthly dose and immediately noticed the itching elevated, followed by diarrhea, lethargy, vomiting and unfocused stares. I realized this was her 3rd dose of the nexgard (RED). The vet increased her dosage based on her weight of 82 pounds and it’s been over this time frame that all her symptoms seem to have elevated.

A few days ago all the pieces fell into place, I realized that all the symptoms she’s had over the past year elevated within 3 days of taking this medication and the timeline was usually 2-5 days that the symptoms escalated. Some months were worse than others but all the symptoms were there, in varying forms. Another thing that is important to note is I’ve stayed in touch with her breeder and none of the other litter had these “food allergies”. I’ve since confirmed that 3 of the 5 puppies are NOT on nexgard but another flea treatment. (5th puppy is unknown).

Once I suspected the nexgard, I began researching and am horrified by how many folks have complained about this product, some even suspect it’s killed there pet!! The FDA has put out a few warnings, with the most recent on 9/2018. The more Ive research, the more horrified I’ve become.

I’m embarrassed that I did not make the connection of the nexgard before now, you can imagine how terrible it feels to know that I’ve been inadvertently poisoning my animal. :(

I do not do ‘reviews or comments” often but it is my sincere hope that I can save another poor animal and family member from going through this process. If you have a dog that is having ‘health issues’ and you’re giving them nexgard, consider the This May be the issue! What I’ve learned over the past few days is the active ingredient is a pesticide that goes into the animals bloodstream when the fleas/ticks bite, it kills them. How can a pesticide in the bloodstream NOT be harmful?! I trusted my vet and all the times I’ve taken her to him for her itching this was never a consideration? And I never thought to questioned that this (relatively) new product was safe.

* she been on nexgard since she was 4 months old, and I pray that the damage is not a lasting one. Stay tuned...and be aware of this product!

Purchased in October 2017.

Nexguard poison

My beautiful yorkie died after 3 doses of this poison! Threw up and died at vets office. Damaged his liver! Don’t believe their disgusting ads! It is as bad as roundup inside their bodies. Pure poison!

Purchased in January 2018 for $45.00.

Pet TypeDog

My 4 months old puppy is having a neurological reaction!!!

My vet recommended Nexgard for a preventative for my 4 months old American Bully mix. After a few days I started noticing he was really clumsy. He went into his kennel and started trying to catch his balance and was stumbling over his toy. He finally fell on his side. It was super bizarre to me. After that I noticed he was having horrible diarrhea. His hind legs are super weak he’s having a hard time getting into a standing position. He’s been hiding in my room, laying down all day long. I can hardly get him to stand up and walk. He keeps tilting his head to one side. He walks like he’s drunk and staggers around. It’s extremely scary to see him acting this way. He was a totally normal energetic puppy running and playing just a week and a half ago. To now extremely lethargic. Luckily he still has some spunk in him and wants to play when he sees another dog. But he just falls over. He still has his appetite and will gobble down his food. So I’m hopeful that he will recover. I have an appointment with the vet tomorrow morning. I’ll update when I can.

Purchased in April 2019.