Killed 2 of my dogs - avoid at all cost

I have owned Boxers for a combined 25 years with no neurological issues; until I administered NexGard. 6-months after taking NexGard they started having seizures which led to their passing.

Purchased in April 2018.

Works AMAZING!!

These reviews are a little ridiculous, I give this to my Luna and it works amazing. No fleas No ticks just as it should be. No reactions she enjoy eating it, she thinks it’s a treat so it must taste good. I really don’t know what you people think all dogs and humans have reactions to certain medications, some just don’t mix well with others, some get side effects on ANY medication dog, cat, human. And your all saying it’s “poison” well it is killing fleas and ticks anything that is killing fleas and ticks is poison. Didn’t your vet warn you of the potential side effects? Did you read the paper in the box with the side effects on it? There’s one with every prescription. I have a positive experience and so does my Luna who isn’t getting serious tick diseases or scratching till she bleeds because of fleas.

Purchased in June 2019 at Chewy for $47.00.

Side Effects None
Pet TypeDog

Dog acting funny and lifting hind legs

Give my dog nexgard chewable yesterday. this evening while eating he was lifting his backs legs one at time a time. Very strange. His gate/stride has changed. I'm so scared I poisoned him with this medicine. Will this wear off? I just lost my senior furbaby and so afraid a gave my little guy something that will damage his quality of life or kill him. :-( What do I do???

Purchased in December 2018 at Vet for $112.00.

Pet TypeDog

I wish I could give it 0 stars!

I'm stating actual facts when I say I gave my Boston Terrier of 8 years of age and healthy, a Nexgard chewable she was put to sleep because of uncontrollable seizures. She started foaming from the mouth, then started to have a couple seizures (she'd never had seizure ever) Took her to the vet after the second seizure. They started her on antiseizure meds. Almost immediately after the start of the first seizure, the seizures got worse to where she was having longer and she was starting to not be able to get her self free from the seizures. At that point the regular vet was useless and she needed a Emergency Veterinarian. She only lasted a short time there with all medications not helping her we could only keep her sedated. Our only option was to end her pain and suffering.

Purchased in February 2018.

Pet TypeDog

Do your research on carcinogens

My Great Dane Ulysses had been on Nexgard for a steady year round flea and tick treatment as we live on a farm. We were told he needed year round treatment as ticks can be present depending on the weather. Suddenly on May 1, 2019 he stopped eating and only drank water. He became progressively worse, and we called our Vet and took him in. He was given something for his stomach and taken home. He still continued to get worse and we called the Vet again and took him there. They took an x-ray and told us to leave him. They called back and told us we had to take him to a Vet Hospital as he was getting worse. We did and spent half the night there. They gave us 5 different diagnosis's and we went home figuring they could treat him as they found a enlarged heart and would treat that. That morning we received a phone call from the Vet Hospital telling us it was not his heart but he had Lymphoma cancer. We went back to the Vet Hospital with his sister, a Blue American Pit Bull Terrier, he was excited to see her and her him. He tried to get up but he was took weak to stand. They stayed together for about 20 minutes and then we put Ginger his sister in the truck and came back to the Goodbye Room at the Vet Hospital, where we blessed him said our goodbye's and I held his head and kissed him goodbye and held his head and petted him and kissed him goodbye, that was on May 9. 2019 at 4:30 pm. What we didn't know was that this had been building up in him the whole time. We did research and found that 1 dose of Nexgard can last in your animal for up to 12 months, and Afoxolaner is a carcinogen which can cause cancer in dogs. Ulysses was only 4 years old, and 175 pounds far to young to pass on this way.

Purchased in April 2018 at Vets for $40.00.

Pet TypeDog

My dog extremely Sick after first time

Within 2 weeks after giving my schauezner she started throwing up, having seizures, not eating..Very lethargic, and spotting blood..This dog was completely healthy until i gave her nextgard...Im very scared Im going lose her..Its totally poisoned her

Purchased in April 2019 for $50.00.

Warning; Don’t Trust This Product

I have been dealing with what I thought was food and or pollen allergies with my 18 month old Bernese mountain dog since she was *6 months old. I’ve modified her diet a number of times, yet the itching and periodic diarrhea continued to some degree.

Over the past few months Mojo developed some skin sores from scratching and was recently put on an antibiotic and steroid treatment, which seemed to help.

I was in Florida for the winter and was delayed 10 days from giving her the nexgard. As soon as we got home I gave her the monthly dose and immediately noticed the itching elevated, followed by diarrhea, lethargy, vomiting and unfocused stares. I realized this was her 3rd dose of the nexgard (RED). The vet increased her dosage based on her weight of 82 pounds and it’s been over this time frame that all her symptoms seem to have elevated.

A few days ago all the pieces fell into place, I realized that all the symptoms she’s had over the past year elevated within 3 days of taking this medication and the timeline was usually 2-5 days that the symptoms escalated. Some months were worse than others but all the symptoms were there, in varying forms. Another thing that is important to note is I’ve stayed in touch with her breeder and none of the other litter had these “food allergies”. I’ve since confirmed that 3 of the 5 puppies are NOT on nexgard but another flea treatment. (5th puppy is unknown).

Once I suspected the nexgard, I began researching and am horrified by how many folks have complained about this product, some even suspect it’s killed there pet!! The FDA has put out a few warnings, with the most recent on 9/2018. The more Ive research, the more horrified I’ve become.

I’m embarrassed that I did not make the connection of the nexgard before now, you can imagine how terrible it feels to know that I’ve been inadvertently poisoning my animal. :(

I do not do ‘reviews or comments” often but it is my sincere hope that I can save another poor animal and family member from going through this process. If you have a dog that is having ‘health issues’ and you’re giving them nexgard, consider the This May be the issue! What I’ve learned over the past few days is the active ingredient is a pesticide that goes into the animals bloodstream when the fleas/ticks bite, it kills them. How can a pesticide in the bloodstream NOT be harmful?! I trusted my vet and all the times I’ve taken her to him for her itching this was never a consideration? And I never thought to questioned that this (relatively) new product was safe.

* she been on nexgard since she was 4 months old, and I pray that the damage is not a lasting one. Stay tuned...and be aware of this product!

Purchased in October 2017.

Nexguard poison

My beautiful yorkie died after 3 doses of this poison! Threw up and died at vets office. Damaged his liver! Don’t believe their disgusting ads! It is as bad as roundup inside their bodies. Pure poison!

Purchased in January 2018 for $45.00.

Pet TypeDog

My 4 months old puppy is having a neurological reaction!!!

My vet recommended Nexgard for a preventative for my 4 months old American Bully mix. After a few days I started noticing he was really clumsy. He went into his kennel and started trying to catch his balance and was stumbling over his toy. He finally fell on his side. It was super bizarre to me. After that I noticed he was having horrible diarrhea. His hind legs are super weak he’s having a hard time getting into a standing position. He’s been hiding in my room, laying down all day long. I can hardly get him to stand up and walk. He keeps tilting his head to one side. He walks like he’s drunk and staggers around. It’s extremely scary to see him acting this way. He was a totally normal energetic puppy running and playing just a week and a half ago. To now extremely lethargic. Luckily he still has some spunk in him and wants to play when he sees another dog. But he just falls over. He still has his appetite and will gobble down his food. So I’m hopeful that he will recover. I have an appointment with the vet tomorrow morning. I’ll update when I can.

Purchased in April 2019.

Side Effects Personality change

Love it

Works great, never had a problem with fleas or ticks and it's easy to get dogs to eat, because I guess it must taste good. Only product I use now

Purchased in April 2019 at Vet Net Supplies for $98.00.

Side Effects None

Nexgard killed my dog

I had a normal healthy dog until I switched to nexgard last spring. He went downhill from there & passed away in Dec. He turned into a dog I didn’t know. Seizures, mean to the point he bit me, constant pain.
Protect your babies.
Do not use this poison!!!!

Purchased in March 2018 at Vet for $100.00.

No problems here!

Great product my dog who can and avoids all medicine/ flea treatments are this and wanted more.
Made our life so much easier and no issues with our dog, it was the first time on this product and was great for us.

Purchased in January 2019 for $65.00.

Pet TypeDog

Affecting my dogs balance & hind legs

Since using Nexgard my border collie is having difficulties with her hind legs & has starting falling over.
I wish I had read these comments prior to use.
Please do not give this to your precious babies

Purchased in March 2019 for $65.00.

Pet TypeDog

NexGard almost killed my puppy.

Reaction! Severe diarrhea. Severe dehydration. Severe vomiting. Blood in stool. Lethargic. Not healthy for puppies. Pet insurance helped with bills. NexGard never responded to my Veterinarian calls emails. Nor mine.

Purchased in April 2016 for $5,400.00.

Pet TypeDog

Dangerous product, do not use

Used Nexgard on my whippet. She had a terrible reaction. Became lethargic, wouldnt eat or drink. Took her to vet.. she had autoimmune. We have had to have her on medication, monitored carefully by the vet and it is SCARY!! Do not use this product.
Research on line,, you will find many people who have similar stories about horrible reactions in their dogs.

Purchased in September 2018 for $25.00.

Nexgard caused seizured

Horrible drug. Gave it to my 7 year healthy pappion off and on for a year. In August of last year he had 2 seizures and I had to start him on phenobarbital twice a day. Horrendous watching my dog seizing. Will never forget it. Have just weaned him off phenobarbital and still no seizures. I am one of the lucky ones in the fact that my dog seems. If you love your dog don't take a chance. This drug can affect any dog at any time. One dose or many it doesn't matter.

Purchased in June 2018 at Vet.

Poison NO DO NOT GIVE TO YOUR DOG

Gave my 3 year old Bichon X 1/2 a 10-25kg chewable tablet (my dog weighs 10.1kgs approx) and the other 1/2 to my other dog Maltese X (also weights just over 10kgs)..within 24 hours my Bichon had a seizure, then another one 24 hours later and has since had 4 more seizures roughly 1 week apart...lasting approx 1-2 mins...extremely distressing to watch..looses control of bowel and bladder and foams at mouth, who was otherwise a very healthy fit dog. My Maltese 3years old) experienced blood in his stool approx 1 week after the dose and was lethargic and not well off his food for a few days. This product is extremely toxic and should be banned and the pharmaceutical company held accountable for negligence. I am going to have to take my dog to Specialist to get a CT Scan to find out the damage? l feel this product should be immediately banned! My poor Charlie.. l am hoping this poison will eventually run its course and not cause life long seizures but am told but my Vet that it may have triggered something that will continue? PLEASE DONT USE THIS PRODUCT ON YOUR BELOVED PET!

Purchased in January 2019 at Budget Pet Products for $60.00.

NexGard is POISON

My stupid vet gave my Aussie who’s 8 months one chewy tablet last Thursday and in less than 24 she started vomiting and lathargic. This is pure poison please do not allow your vet to give to your pets.

Purchased in February 2019 for $55.00.

This "medicine" is POISON

My dog was given NexGard by his vet yesterday (February 9th, 2019) to help with fleas, and not even 24 hours later, he is incredibly lethargic and cannot use his hind legs. His appetite has diminished, and he doesn't wan't to drink water. My dog went into the vet completely fine (all he needed was his nails clipped and a flea treatment) and he came out SICK and UNABLE TO WALK. I highly advise you NOT to give this poison to your dog unless you are wanting them to get sick and become immobile. If he does not pull through, I will becoming back here and writing another review to advise people once again NOT to give this to your dog.

Purchased in February 2019.

Pet TypeDog

Side effects on my cockapoo

The dog is 3 yrs old, always,given nexguard by the vet.
The last 2 months, she would shake, refuse food and water, hide and very lethargic 24 hrs after given the pill.
She is biting her paws and scratching her ears.
The vet has now decided to stop giving it to her.
Hopefully she wont have any long term side effects.
Do not use this product

Purchased in December 2018 at Vet office.