Nexgard Spectra
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Nexgard? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

bosstag
bosstagSouth East Queensland, QLD

Review it first

Our dog had the product and the next day was bleeding from his rectum. He is still very ill and it has been so hard on all concerned especially him. If you love your dog then review the product in the USA where it is off market.

Purchased for $100.00.

Don't risk your dogs life !!!!

One week after dosing my Vizsla dog had unexplained seizures. Didn't use again for a couple of years. This time 10 days after dosing dog in ICU suffering Addisonian crisis. Lucky to be alive but now on life-long medication. Do not take the risk with your dog

Purchased in April 2021.

Christine Y
Christine Y

My dog had an allergic reaction

My dog had an allergic reaction to a sample of Nexguard spectra. She had no issues eating it, but later that day developed a strong itchy spot (no history of hot spots or fleas) on her back where she scratched until it was raw. Took a few days to settle down. My other dog had no issues.

Bree
BreeHunter Region, NSW

Caution to people looking to use this

Gave it to my dog the 1st time thought the diarrhea was the result of her just having an off day however after the 2nd does she had bloody/mucus diarrhea it has currently been 5 days and she is still having it even after vet treatment. Please do not give this to your dogs it's not worth the risk

Purchased in May 2021 for $82.99.

Jon TW
Jon TWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great product does exactly what it states

Purchased in June 2021 at Petbarn Physical store for $97.00.

Gave to my 9 month old lab - Big Mistake

Vet provided us three options not explaining the possible side effects. Thought the heart worm and tick combo would be best option. Our dog had diarrhea after two days which lasted for about a week overnight. Thought it was his food so changed it. Gave this medication on first of next month two days later same reaction. Our dog was salivating, hyper but the diarrhea at night time was out of control.

Do not use this product.

Purchased in May 2021.

Glamour Queen
Glamour QueenGold Coast, QLD

Works Perfectly!

My three-year-old dog has been taking Nexgard Spectra every month since he was a puppy. He has never had fleas, ticks, mites, or worms and we go to dog parks and dog friendly beaches every single week.

Cyndi E.
Cyndi E.Queensland

Does everything that is describes

I've used different treatments before but found this was the only thing that really works. My pup loves it to the point she eats it right out my hand without having to mix it with other food. After seeing the previous reviews its definitely concerning but I've never had any bad experiences with this brand for seven months straight. When I was searching for a new product for my one I was actually recommended by vets, pet store employees and people that use it for their pets too that they love it. Will definitely be doing bit more research before our next round.

Purchased in July 2020 for $98.99.

Ashley M.
Ashley M.

NexGard Spectra

Purchased in May 2020.

Find out how Nexgard Spectra compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Do not buy, gives dogs bad skin

Purchased at Petbarn.

Side Effects Long-term illness
Maddie
MaddieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do not take the risk. Do not use this product.

One of my dogs had severe seizures from this product and the other passed away. If you have given this to your pets in the past and they were fine, that does not indicate that this is a good product, you were just lucky. This is not a good product and the majority of reviews show this, even my vet agrees and does not know how this product is still for sale.

Purchased in June 2019.

Made my dog really sick

Purchased in December 2020 for $30.00.

Gina
GinaKingscliff

My Havanese now has liver issues after 3 doses (within 3 months)

Purchased in June 2020.

Side Effects Long-term illness

Awful won’t use again

Gave my German Wiredhaired Pointer a Nexgard last night and this morning she rushed out side to eat grass and was not right she stayed out and as I watch her she run to the undo growth shacking and been sick she could not stop shacking she seem to have a fit and could not know who I was will never use again

Purchased in December 2020.

Terrible product, never use it again

I have a German Shepherd, after taking this product he had diarrhea, loss of appetite and loss of energy, luckily he is still alive, I will never use it again.

Lee M.
Lee M.asked
Spectra

My dog is 18 kg and then exhaust spectra I have is 7.6-15kg. Should I give her 2 chewable tablets?

Debbie Ferguson
Debbie Fergusonasked
Spectra

What if any are the side effects on dogs?

Vizsla Mum

We have 2 dogs. One appeared to have no side effects. The other lethargy when we first used it then unexplained seizures and the last time she had an Addisonian crisis - almost died and now on daily steroid tablets and monthly injections . Would not recommend!!!

Vasko J.
Vasko J.asked
Spectra

My dog is over 7.5kg. Can I give him the tablets for under that weight?

Vizsla Mum

No point as will not get effective dose. Giving treatment with side effects and no benefit. Also would not recommend theses tablets - our vizsla nearly died and now on lifetime steroid treatments

Nexgard Spectra

Compare all 5 Nexgard Spectra
CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
Application TypeChewableChewableChewableChewable
Pet TypeDogDogDogDog
Reapplication PeriodEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 months
Minimum Pet Age8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks