2NordVPN
4.2

618 reviews · Statistics

82% · 504106 · 17%
Rates and Fees
See the Best VPN Providers in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Tan
Tan11 posts

Misleading prices

I wish I'd read these reviews before buying.

I also thought I was paying in AU dollars not US. VERY misleading. By the looks of things, they don't care as people are complaining and they aren't changing it. They obviously hope people won't follow it up for a refund.

I've used the chat function twice today to cancel. They tell me it's cancelled but my account says it's still active.

They also say that it takes 5-10 business days to get the refund. And they do not provide anything in writing to confirm it's cancelled.

Very disappointing service! I'll be going to another highly rated VPN with a reasonable cost in AU dollars!

RMS1981
RMS19815 posts

Another Pricing/Checkout issue

Pretty much the same as everyone else when it comes to pricing. Paid for a year which said "Tax Country Australia - $65". Receipt came back as $101. Asked the reason for the difference and, yes you guessed it, the price in $USD but don't actually state that. I suggested they should put that on their checkout to keep avoiding upsetting customers with their pricing. Maybe if they get enough complaints about it they might actually change it. Waiting for a refund now. Bit of a shame it went this way as the VPN has been quite good but they weren't too concerned with rectifying the pricing issue so decided to leave. I guess they have enough business that it doesn't warrant updating their checkout screen.
NordVPN   DM

Hello. We're sorry to hear about the negative experience with the service, but we value your feedback and will share it with the team. If you have any questions or inquiries please do not hesitate to contact us at external link -Neo

Ke K
Ke K4 posts
NordVPN   DM

Hello. Apologies for the inconvenience. Could you please update this review and provide us with a ticket ID that you have received after contacting our customer support team? -A.Z

Daz
DazNSWSydney, NSW9 posts

Good value and service

The functionality this gives me, the speeds, no disruptions, and the price, are perfect for me. Show reply
Arun
ArunVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts
Valerie
ValerieWAPerth, WA25 posts

Had difficulty using, getting a refund is a nightmare

I talked my husband into getting this while he’s overseas. Unfortunately it requires a level of tech he doesn’t have, so it did not work for him. Within days I requested a refund. All I have is emails asking for details. Apparently “money back guarantee” doesn’t mean to Nord what it means to the rest of us.
I’ve now requested the refund 4 times!
Salim
Salim

The pricing looks like a scam

I tried to purchase the VPN service from Canada, The final charge included the Canadian tax. However, when I checked my credit card, I noticed the charge was significantly higher. After reaching out the customer service, they told me they show the price in USD, but charge it in CAD to avoid the conversion fee. The exchange rate they used to charge my credit card was 1.39 and the exchange rate for USD was 1.35. If they charge in USD, it is cheaper. Be aware of this scam.
CptDevlin
CptDevlinQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Features don't work

Advertised features such as split tunnelling do not work. Even after numerous back and forth emails with support the features just do not work at all and apparently haven't for quite a long time. Luckily they have a 30 day refund window and I'm still inside of it. If you ever plan to run any kind of server (media, gaming, etc), look elsewhere.
NordVPN   DM

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we will make sure to forward your feedback to our developer team. In the meantime, feel free to contact our team again at external link if you have any further inquiries. -N.L.

Steve
Steve6 posts
Samuel S.
Samuel S.VICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Deceptive Marketing

The website offers what seems to be a great deal, if you proceed, it will show your country and the price you were show. In small writing out of the main order area it will mention that prices may be in a different currency. Whilst it knows you are in Australia, bills you GST and doesn't list the currency in the main area, prices are in USD which you find out after the credit card is pinged.
Kieron W.
Kieron W.

Great speeds and price!

I’ve been using NordVPN for a while now, and honestly, it’s been a game-changer. The connection speeds are impressive, which means no buffering during my Netflix binges. Plus, I feel secure knowing my online activities are private. And the best part? If you use my link, you can enjoy 3 months free when you sign up. It’s a sweet deal for peace of mind online.

https://ref.nordvpn.com/evJVvzNuAqk Show reply

Sean Sykes
Sean Sykes

Much better than my first experience

Juana Manjarrez was very helpful in tracking down the disconnect between my NVPN account and my App Store purchase Show reply
Lachlan C.
Lachlan C.

Don’t get stung like me

Don’t get stung like me!
I have been a nordvpn user since 2017 happily it just worked and never really thought of it. Was under $70 dollars a year so just kept it going.
They added a feature called NordPass, never used it but it was included for free so didn’t mind. This year I get direct debited over 5x my normal purchase price. The same day of the deduction I Contacted them to see if I could do anything about it, keep the service just take of the NordPass because I don’t use it. They wouldn’t do anything. Told them I wanted to cancel the service and get a refund they refused. These guys used to be great, but now they’re just on a moneygrab, ignoring 6+ years of customer loyalty.
Be careful of this mob! They’ll sting you!
Angela
AngelaNSWHunter Region, NSW12 posts

Unconscionable Conduct

I made an error when purchasing Nord VPN online. Within minutes I used the help chat to speak with a live agent and was told my request to cancel and receive refund was granted. It would arrive in my account within 10 days.

The funds did not arrive. I spoke with another live agent yesterday at length and they refused to honour the first live agents promise of refund.

I escalated my matter by email and am still being refused a refund.

It is unconscionable conduct to say that a refund is coming and then not honour that promise.

NordVPN   DM

Hello. We'd love to look into your issue in more detail if you could reach out to us via social media platforms @NordVPN such as Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. Thank you! -Neo

Cheesed Off
Cheesed OffSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts
NordVPN   DM

Hello. Sharing (hot spotting) network from your phone to the TV does not work with VPN, phones are not capable to share a VPN covered network thus you were sharing your regular network to the TV. -Neo

seamus.mckenzie.7

Why ,the advertised price in Australia being charged US Dollars . Even though the site acknowledges I live in Australia and would be charged in Australian dollars .. Very deceptive and down right dishonest .

Goanna300
Goanna300

Yes, I wondered about that, too - but decided Nord's recruiting payment-algorithm seems determined to run without minimum human intervention, its geolocation part simply doesn't always work.
(Report them to the ACCC if you care enough).

seamus.mckenzie.7

They did not charge me the advertised price or inform me it would be in US Dollars..

triks_melb
triks_melb

nerfherder could you explain what you use your VPN service for as your review doesn't seem to reflect what myself and others find from NordVPN?

nerfherder
nerfherder

Hi Triks_melb,
Like any other VPN user, I use NordVPN for a secure connection. I have no issue with the performance of their services. Best of luck with your search for a service that suits your needs.