2Surfshark

1.3

4% · 364 · 91%

Rates and Fees
1.5
Brand Manager for Surfshark? Claim your listing.

Samwich
SamwichVIC, 315620 posts

Dark design pattern for users wanting to cancel auto renew

Dark pattern - no option to cancel Auto renewal without getting in touch with support.
I had no idea and just by chance saw the email that it had auto renewed. This is how they make their money - unscrupulously!
Kim
KimKimberley, WA

Doesn't work in China

A waste of money if using it in China. Very rarely could I connect and when I did it was very slow and dropped out
Sss
Sss

WATCH OUT FOR T&CS

ANOTHER SERVICE THAT PINS YOU INTO ONGOING PAYMENTS WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE.

I signed up for a one month subscription as that was all I needed. It signed me up for auto renewals and when I raised this to them and asked for the month I paid for on the same day, they said there is nothing the could do about it. I asked to speak to someone about discretion as I raised it with them minutes after the payment went through and they declined. I asked to speak someone to different to validate this and they declined.

Dave
DaveSydney, NSW4 posts
Rates and Fees
Chris
ChrisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA24 posts

Constant Problems!

Constant discconects, annoying pop-ups, app is buggy as ...., not worth the risk and stress!
Mat
MatAU6 posts

Terrible but they are good liers

Terrible they charged my bank account after two years and it wasn't auto renew. They said they will refund but they have not and keep making excuses like it failed its under investigation the technical team are looking into it. Lol so much bull. I asked if they have my bank details for the refund. No answer. Total lies not worth 1 cent even when it works. Advice don't use never recommend.
Venture Untamed
Venture Untamed

Terrible

Why is it after 30 days your program all the sudden stops working? The update makes it impossible to use. I spent 3 days troubleshooting and not once did they escalate the matter or sugges going back to an older version. When no I found the older version on their website it worked. Waste of money. Don't let them make you troubleshoot for no reason for hours at a time.
KMC
KMC3 posts

Nice people but in the end a total waste of money

Difficult to assign a star rating....the Support team were prompt and full of suggestions to improve speed using VPN. However none of them (six interventions in all) made any difference and eventually I was told that my basic download speed of 44Mbps, which is the fastest available where I live, probably was the problem. I had paid for two years plus a dedicated IP address , none of which was refunded. The VPN is useless to me.
Ben B.
Ben B.3 posts

It works but it's not worth your time

The performance is alright for the price, but theyve made it incredibly easy to turn on auto renew, its a popup that comes up every time you launch the app and is easy to misclick, not giving you a confirmation. Then to cancel, there is no option anywhere and you have to go through the process of contacting a service agent. The amount of times I've had to do this just because they want to squeeze out every accidental drop of money. One of those incredibly seedy things that makes being a customer painful
Carrie L
Carrie LMelbourne4 posts

They would steal money from you

They have different plans and I chosen the one month, which is $14 per month more expensive than 24 months one. I paid $17dollars, instead of $3. Of Course, I wanted a one month service only. But I have been auto renewed by them secretly. They kept taking my money. So doggy. Totally a scammer.
BushBloke
BushBlokeBallarat6 posts

Waste of money

I Paid for a year or two, less than 6 month later ...
VUDU.com blocked me, it knows my location.
Youtube movies blocked me, it knows I'm using an add blocker..

The two main things I paid for DON'T WORK ans I can't find any support/contact info on the website.

DON'T WASTE your money

AhmedCo
AhmedCoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC15 posts

Didn't work when I needed it the most!

I had Surfshark for more than a year, after some mostly positive YouTube reviews.
Turns out, when I needed it the most (in libraries using public WIFI networks, it did not work, for 3 times, in different libraries!)
Bitdefender VPN (free version) worked in these instances. So this tells a lot.
Disappointed. Won't be coming back!

PS: as with all VPN providers, Surfshark has "auto-renewal" turned on by default. So be aware of being charged without knowing.

Marc V.
Marc V.

David O.
David O.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Stolen money. Won't refund me

Slow service, unsuitable for Australians on the move. Customer service states they will refund you, but then refuses to do so. I've spent 14 days trying to get a refund and they refuse to do so. Escalated my claim to PayPal and they are trying to stop me getting a refund there also. I wouldn't have had to go down this path if they had just refunded my like their policy promised when I found out how slow and unsuitable the service was.
K...
K...Craigieburn6 posts

NO CONNECTION

After device restart app freezes/stops connecting at 35%. Need to Uninstall and Install to have it work again. I've got 7 android devices using their service. All experiencing the same issue. So it's not device specific

brad t.
brad t.

I just read the reviews.i have joined for one month to test the service.what is the process to cancel if I don't like it.

Michael B
Michael B

To cancel it head over to their site (not app), help section and search how to cancel subscription. There is no such function in their app.

Martin from Darwin
Martin from Darwin

If you are having problems with Surf Shark. Make sure to head over to their site and cancel there do it well before the 3 months as after that they will just lie to not have to give a refund even if tou have proof as in my case. Still ongoing.....

Perseus
Perseus

Guys.

Does anyone else get SPAM issues for Bigpond when using Surfshark? I constantly receive SPAM listing for the IP address (SurfShark VPN IP address), which causes issues sending email, but recently caused a email suspension because BP thought my email account was spamming. Email works fine when I turn off the VPN and Kill Switch.

Cheers
P

Yeees guy
Yeees guy

I’m with Vodafone and never experienced any SPAM issues. My only problem is not connecting to any of my Amazon Echo devices since changed to Surfshark. Good luck

CategoryVPN Providers