Olympus Smart VG-140

3.3

Ed

EdBrisbane

Good snapshot camera

I think its average camera although in low price

I found it good for close photography especially if i use its different options for photography in different settings. But if we use it on auto settings (iAuto) it does not give that better pics. Also i notice that it has a certain dullness in its color projection.
its HD movie is good and crisp but to much sound if you use zoom during shooting and a kind of jerk is evident when you watch movie on your monitor or television screen.
its price and its close photoes
no vivid projection of blues (like blue sky) and greens especially when they are at distance

littledog

littledogAU

great camera

i paid $90 at harvey norman did not expect to much, taken twenty images and they are very good the vg-140 is a great camera for first time users
looks price and 3.0" lcd screen
nothing so far

Compact Cameras

Find out how Olympus Smart VG-140 compares to other Compact Cameras

ak47

ak47

Average cheap camera. You get what you pay for.

So far I've used this camera for about 3 months and can say picture quality is very average. I've tried all the setting for all conditions yet I'm still not satisfied at the results. Prior to this camera I had a fuji a330 3.2 megapixel camera which produced far superior pictures. The HD recording is also just passable. As the budget camera in the Olympus range I did expect better but for just on $100 I guess Olympus doesn't think so. I probably wont buy Olympus again.
Well made stylish, nice lcd
Very average picture quality. HD movie is not so HD.