Optus Yes TV by Fetch

Optus Yes TV by Fetch

See the Best Pay TV in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Awesome

Absolutely the football on Optus sport, best thing happening in Australian soccer broadcasting. Just a great thing. I wish however that they also broadcast Australian soccer games. All cheap prices.

Terrible service from the beginning

I was sent an activation code and the box doesn’t acknowledge it as valid. When I requested help Optus only referred me to broadband/nbn or mobile. When I managed to get to fetch, the person at the call center did not find a subscription despite the fact I provided the client number.

Optus Fetch Mighty Gen 3 Works great.

Recently upgraded to Optus Mighty Gen 3 from Gen 2. Like the new 4K streaming of Netflix through this device. Easy set up once I had the activation code, and multi room function is great paired with my Fetch mini. No issues with free to air signals, and surround sound mode works great as well. Like the choice of additional Optus movies, and the Optus fetch channel packs have something for everyone.

Stay away from Optus

I asked for a relocation on the 9th of July. It's been more than 3 weeks since I placed the order and I've had multiple conversations with Optus (chat with transcript saved & phone calls). Still nothing... I cancelled the service this morning. 4 hours later, they can't confirm if it's been cancelled. I have been with Optus for many years but lately it's been shocking to the point that I'm moving all my services to another provider.

Fetch Channels changed while changes from Cable to NBN

I was on the $89 Cable plan with Optus and it includes Fetch Mighty and the Entertainment package (plus land line calls etc). However, when switched to the $90 NBN plan, I have to pay extra $9 for the Fetch Mighty and $15 for the Entertainment Package, totally $124 per month. No one at Optus customer services can explain WHY?

Extremely Frustrating

Overall optus sport very very disappointed.
Champions league final went blank at 70 Min. mark among many other problems with optus app.
Picture quality re movement of ball for soccer terrible.
Pausing + fast forwarding a constant problem.

Refusing to let me cancel

I requested to have my fetch box internet service cancelled before my last payment was due. Turns out they didn’t cancel and when I contacted them back they put me on hold for 25 minutes in the hope I would give up and not cancel. Called back twice and ensured I was pressing the right options to cancellation team. A Sharna answers and says I’ve been put through to tech support and again has put me on hold for another 30 minutes. Worst service. Slow connection and waste of my money. You’re better off buying the fetch box from Good guys and paying for internet. Saving you thousands of dollars. I Will NEVER again make the mistake and sign up with Optus.

Works Great

I have Optus TV with the NBN
There are a lot of new release programs usually on BBC First or Universal and I can record 3 free to air and three iptv channels all at once
The Fetch TV box comes with Netflix, Stan, YouTube and hayu apps installed with direct access to all of the catch up offering such as 7Plus, 9now, iview, SBS On Demand etc

Worst TV Ever & Customer service is bad

I had the opportunity to use FETCH which was provided by Optus and lets just say it was the worst service ever, the buffering that kept occurring and the picture dropping out.. Called them endless times to be told ohh it's your phone line.. "they installed the line".. I ended up in the end getting rid of it and just sticking with another service because this was just wasting my time.

this it perfect

we love a optus yes tv by fetch it allows me to record my free to air shows and watch when kids at school while the kids watch all their favourite children channels

Terrible experience

Optus fetch mighty box user. The picture quality was poor and often pixelated when YouTube or google chrome cast and Netflix never did. Paid good money to purchase tv series only to find I don’t own them once you return the box you lose all that money and the shows! Optus service was terrible, exceedingly long phone waiting and argumentative ‘help’ on the phone from Optus person. Worst part is they charge you subscription fee even though I did not use any of the items they provided under that subscription. I mainly watched sports which is yet another subscription. I wish Optus never got epl rights. Satellite picture with foxtel was always better albeit more expensive. I was also forced to get a mobile phone subscription (or internet or other Optus product) to get Optus sports. Optus network is terrible at my place. Overall a bad experience.

some good features

I have had this system for a few years good when working but have gone through a few fetch boxes. They are quick to send a replacement but always give the wrong code which means a lot of time on the phone sorting out

Only Good Experiences So Far

Too many people have complained about their Optus Yes TV by Fetch, but ever since i signed up for the 2018 FIFA World Cup, i havent been disappointed. The coverage has been great. I have a strong quality cable internet service which means minimum buffering or delays.

Great!

My son love the Cartoon channels and I love the Sports channels. And the free movies. All that and unlimited internet for the same price as other internet providers. I'm never ever changing Optus.

Absolutely crap

Keeps glitching have not been able to watch a single show without it dropping out beyond disappointing DO NOT BOTHER WITH FETCH TV!!! Optus don’t care poor support the number of reviews on this page alone should be sending a message loud and clear but Optus are not bothering to do a thing!

System should have gone live but has not

We ordered the full Optus Fetch, broadband. All the items arrived in a timely manner. Broadband works but that NBN so expected that. The Fetch box was set up, we had a confirmed activation code which did not work.
When you try and contact Optus, they try to push you towards 'the crowd', other customers that have had issues and overcome them. Thats all good but when it must be a technical thing, they cannot help.
Trying to contact someone actually from Optus is a nightmare, be prepared for lengthy and time consuming phone calls or even via the internet.
After waiting a week with no word whatsoever from Optus, I managed to speak with a lady who informed me that my system should have been operating from 14th Feb 2019 but it has not been connected.
When I asked when the system would be activated, she could not give me a date.
So, they are taking my money, but not only have they not connected me, they cannot even say when or if they will connect me!
Meanwhile, my money flows into their coffers!
This is truly an AWFUL, AWFUL service that has very little or no back up.

As a member of the Consumers Federation Australia, I will be forwarding my experience to the other members.

My view is quite obvious, any business that offers a service that they cannot provide should be banned from offering such service.

Be warned people, Optus are just after your money, they do NOT care about you. Try another provider!

Mike, Qld.

Absolutely crap

This is my 2nd fetch box and I've had it with optus. First box froze and wouldn't change channel. Called optus 4 times before finally got some info, they couldn't fix so needed to send it for a replacement. Waited 3 days for a new box and now that is frozen aswell. Fix your boxes up before u send replacements.
Then got charged a extra $400 that I'm not paying for apparently not sending the old ones back within 2 weeks even tho it was sent back 2 days after the new one came in. They really need to check their mail and see what gets sent back. I'll be disconnecting my optus fetch. Not worth my money

Avoid gen3 Fetch mighty box. Has real problems.

Had a gen 1 box for years and never a problem. It died October 2017 when it would no longer support system updates. The replacement gen3 mighty lasted until December 2018 (system version 2.21). Tech support marginally helpful. Multiple resets later it bricked itself January 10 2019.
The replacement box lasted 24 hours before it bricked itself.
Second replacement box was D.O.A.
Third replacement box arrived overnight. Fetch now tell me that I have to wait 24 to 48 hrs for the techs to extract their digits, provision the new box in their system & email me the new activation code.
Not at all happy.
These gen3 boxes have serious reliability/stability issues.
I'm currently setting up a Raspbery Pi as a media server & when my contract with Optus runs out in September, Fetch will be gone, (Fetch TV is part of my current contract with Optus, so I'm stuck with it for now) never to be included on any further arrangements I make with any Telco.

UPDATE Thursday 31at Jan 2019
The third box has been sitting here for a week. Numerous phone calls daily to Optus to get provisioned & activation code has proven fruitless. You only get to the front end filters, or a supervisor for the front end filters, NEVER to a hands on techie that might get things done.
Pull your fingers out - optus & fetch.
Your customers service really sucks the big one.

UPDATE 31/1/19
O-pooptus/Fetch box #3 is DOA also.
They're sending replacement #4.
What a pos equipment & support system.
DOWNGRADING my review to 1 star.

UPDATE 5/2/19
#3 deemed DOA on 31 Jan. Had no confirmation of replacement box order until Saturday 2 Feb.
Rang up & cracked up big time. Order got placed. Box arived 8am this morning. Still waiting for Fetch to supply activation code.
Any other company or organisation would be bending over backwards to resolve a disgruntled customers issues. Not the bozos in this sheltered workshop.

O-pooptus & fetch, your systems are futched.

convenient and easy use

I actually like how I can watch my free-view channels with optus sport and some other channels by fetch tv although their channel pack prices can be lowered.

Less repeats

sick of repeats. Taking all the good channels away kids programs great but the lifestyle programs except for the reno shows are crap. the scifi channel repeats so
many of the shows star trek atlantis stargate over and over again
My husband does like some fhe sports show but all the american football etc no. The doco channels ik but too many repeats

We watch free to air channels through our TV. However, we switch to fetch when we want to watch The Italian channel. Can the fetch box stay ON? At the moment ,as we are new to Fetch, we keep on switching on /off. Is there an easier way to view all channels without using 2 remotes and switching on /off each time we go from TV to Fetch and vice versa? Teresa.
Hi , I use fetch to view everything including free to air, Netflix, Stan etc, but you must connect Aerial cable into fetch box first & tune in free to air channels. I have setup the Fetch remote (programmable) to be able to turn on/off our TV, adjust volume etc. Makes life easier if setup this way just the fetch remote to do all, read the help on the remote to setup Colin.Thank you Colin for taking the time to answer. I will try to attend to it.

Existing two Fetch Set top boxes have been showing ‘box not activated’ for a week now. Numerous calls to OPTUS. Many dropped out. One tech said ‘migrating’ take a few days. Still no service and can’t talk to anyone. Hard to understand how they expect expect to keep customers.

I got my new yes fetch box mighty, i'm trying to set up but it says "box not activated" what can i do for it??
You can call Optus and good luck!Get it activated as per instructions.You need the activation code that was sent via email or text message. It will be something like abcdrhh32gh7

Other Pay TV