Oscar Razor

Pros

• Provides a clean, close shave

• Affordable price

• Good customer service

• Causes Irritation Yes (3) · No (13)
Wandering2
Wandering2Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Only used it a few times so far, but I'm very impressed!

Purchased in September 2020 for $49.00.

Bad quality

Got it about a month ago. Bad shaving quality. Did not like. They send a reward of $5 if you write a review so I believe their good reviews are fake.

Purchased for $20.00.

Bluebell & P.
Bluebell & P.
Eamonn O.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not Great at all

Used the new type a couple of times, blunt after not even a shave, put at least 10 new blades in the bin along with the handles, very disappointed with them

Purchased in June 2020.

Find out how Oscar Razor compares to other Men's Shavers / Razors

Great product and value for money

Very happy with the pack and the razors gives a smooth shave. I love the fact that it comes with a razor cartridge cap to protect it. Value for money, delivery was on time.

Purchased in June 2020 for $37.00.

OSCAROscar Razor

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it!

ezy51
ezy51Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not as good as the hype

I tried this razor and gel after the glowing reviews, The gel was to me, slightly irritating and the 5 blades
also caused more irritation and not as close a shave as my Gillette 3 blade (Mach 3) I use Molton Brown shaving Gel which is much better. Great that it's an Australian product but for me it didn't do the job, price is not my only consideration with a shaving product.

Purchased in April 2020 for $49.00.

MKKSouth East Queensland, QLD

First shave after wearing a light beard!

Had the first order of my Oscar Razors sitting unused on my vanity for some 6 weeks now - shaved the bulk of my beard off with my trimmer and went at the remains of it with the Oscar.
Brilliant! The razor itself has got a beautiful, solid heft to it .... and the blades -WOW! Must be the best, closest shave I’ve had for years. No more beards for awhile. Anxious to tell my mates - a regular conversation point is about trying to find a decent value razor. Now onto the next stage of seeing how many shaves it’s going to give me.

Purchased in January 2020.

Sheree M
Sheree MSydney, NSW

I love these razors

Have been using these for years now and can't fault them. I originally got a subscription of razors for my significant other, but now we both use the blades (just ordered a handle for myself). We are only on the lite plan but find they last the test of time really well with a great sharp shave. Customer service is also excellent - moved at one point and forgot to change my address but these guys were super helpful and accommodating at getting our order to us.

Geoffrey F.
Geoffrey F.Hobart, TAS

Outstanding customer service

There was a problem with the delivery of this order (totally due to the incompetence of the couriers) - Oscar intervened personally to resolve the problem.
When the shaving oil finally arrived, it turned out to be ideal .... perfect for travel and gives a smooth shave.
Thank you.

Purchased in February 2020 for $30.00.

Sam
SamNorthern Region, NSW

Started out ok

Have used these razors for 6 months now and am not really impressed in the long term. They don't shave very close and don't fit the face well.
The blades are cheap steel and don't last long that's why they are low cost.
Sadly I am going back to the good old Gillette 3 blue which deliver a constant shave.

Purchased in March 2019 for $20.00.

ianmcbrydeSouth East Queensland, QLD

My wife keeps stealing them.

I am on a lite plan because they last so well and I don't shave daily. May have to beef it up because my wife uses them too; very sharp & comfortable. Also, unlike Gillette, you do not appear to hate 'toxic white males'.

Purchased in January 2018 at Internet for $15.00.

ianmcbryde

They did not coerce me into fudging my message.

Oscar is no grouch

I have to say, without a doubt, the Oscar razor has provided me with the closest shave to date. I have used the razor more times before the shave is uncomfortable than any other brand i have tried. Best of all, no rusting after a period of time. Well done on a great product at a great price!!

Purchased in September 2019 for $49.95.

OSCAROscar Razor

Thanks Gaz! We're so happy to hear that :)

MTCicero
MTCiceroSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nice to see a good product

After being very unhappy with Gillette over their politically correct anti man marketing campaign, I looked for an alternative. Oscar Razor was the one I decided to try.

And I am happy to say that I am not disappointed. Very good product. Good relia me service. Just exactly what I need.

Purchased in August 2019 for $14.00.

Face Fabulous

Received my Oscar shaving set in the mail today, what an experience on using for the first time today.
I normally would do two complete passes to obtain a satisfactory shave. My Oscar feels so firm and solid in use and found after just one complete pass that there is no need to do a second one. I therefore save on shaving gel thanks to this new found efficiency of the Oscar blade.
The Oscar far out performs any wet system didposables that I have previously used, no turning back for me. Thanks OSCAR.

Purchased in September 2019 for $12.00.

Thanks Phil. This is so great to hear! Cheers, Oscar de Vries

RonK1935Richmond-Tweed, NSW

A great razor but....

Shaves beautifully but with one BIG problem. Real trouble replacing the blade. My wife and I (yes, two of us!) have been sitting here fiddling around for the last 15 minutes trying to change the blade! Sorry! But that is my experience. Any suggestions?

Purchased in July 2019 at On line.

OSCAROscar Razor

Hi Ron, I'm glad to hear it's resolved. If you could email us at info@oscarrazor.com, we will look up your voucher code and reactivate it for you.

pete
peteHunter Region, NSW

finally a sharp razor,!!!!!!! yes

I had my first shave with my Oscar Razor finally a blade that stays sharp through the whole shave .
now the test will be how many shaves I will get from a blade I only get two or 3 shaves from the big brands so lets see how we go but what a great clean shave thanks Oscar

Purchased in July 2019 for $18.00.

OSCAROscar Razor

Thanks Pete. Let us know how you go with the blade longevity. Cheers, Oscar de Vries

Casuarina M.
Casuarina M.asked

Not so much a question but the website is pretty male oriented, when picking a plan it shows photos of men with stubble and assumes that’s the only area you’re shaving. Wouldn’t recommend for women seeing as they don’t seem to remember that we exist.

Hey Casuarina,

Thanks for your feedback. Sorry to feel you're neglected, but rest assured we're onto it already. We're planning a new photoshoot, making the site a bit more inclusive.

The male stubble images you referred to are there just as a reference guide. We could only choose one style of image and considering 78% of our customers are male, we chose those. Hope that explains.

Cheers
Oscar

Get an answer from our members and Oscar Razor representatives

Features

• The Oscar Razor is designed with 5 blades, which are coated in ceramic to provide a closer shave and better rust resistance.
  • The handle is weighted, for better grip and support.
  • An aloe strip across the blades helps lubricate your skin while shaving, which helps to avoid irritation.
  • Oscar has 3 shave plans available: the Ultra Lite Shave Plan - which provides 1 razor each month for an ongoing cost of $3.75, the Lite plan - 2 razors per month for $7.50, and the Regular plan - 4 razors per month for $12.50. The razors are delivered to you every 3 months.
  • If you’d prefer to try out the Oscar Razor before jumping into a plan commitment, you can purchase a sample pack for $20. This contains a razor handle and 4 replacement razor cartridges.

Points of praise for the Oscar Razor

• Overall, the majority of reviewers were united in their opinion that this was a good value razor that didn’t compromise on superior shaving performance, just because it was affordable.
  • Reviewers reported that the Oscar Razor produced an extremely close shave, thanks to the sharp blades. It was noted by some reviewers that this razor is able to shave all facial hair in one pass.
  • Despite the close shave, the Oscar Razor didn’t irritate skin.
  • The solid, weighted handle is durable and feels steady in your hand, making for a satisfying shaving experience.
  • Great customer service was an added bonus, as Oscar staff resolved enquiries quickly and efficiently, and in a friendly, helpful manner.