2Oscar Razor

4.4

85% · 639 · 12%

Causes Irritation Yes · No
4.2
Provides a clean, close shave
Affordable price
Good customer service

Wandering2
Wandering2Metropolitan Adelaide, SA47 posts
  Top Review

Only used it a few times so far, but I'm very impressed!

I bought and tried this razor for a few reasons. 1. I hated paying too much for Gillette Mach 3 razors (they do a great job but are too expensive). 2. I'd much rather support an Australian business (not a multi national with questionable ethics) if I could get the same quality at a similar or better price. 3. They put money back into the community (Beehive Industries). As I said, I have only used this a few times so far but I'm very impressed. The first time I hadn't shaved for a week as I'd been on holiday but the shave was smooth and every bit as good as the Mach 3. The razor head is a bit bulkier, and will probably take a bit of getting used to, but it does have 5 blades and a blade on the back which is good for under the nose and sideburns, so kind of negates the larger size of the razor cartridges. The handle is comfortable and well balanced, and looks good on my sink. I'll update this review if anything much changes as i've only used it a few times, but I love that this is an Australian owned product (pitty its not Australia made, but that's the world we live in {for now} that for me, is every bit as good as a Mach 3. I purchased this razor as part of a $49.00 "Luxury gift box", which was very nicely packaged but a bit of a waste on packaging as it was only for myself. It comes with 13 cartridges, 150ml shaving gel and a black handle and in my opinion, very good value. I haven't used the shaving gel yet but i'll add a review when I use it, with an update on my shaving experience.

Dec 2020 update.
I have now used this for almost 3 months and I am still very happy with it. The cartridges last well, but I do still prefer the smaller size of the Mach 3 cartridges. For me they make it just a bit easier when shaving sideburns. Not a big issue and certainly not enough for me to go back to buying Mach 3 razors, just giving you my honest opinion. I have only used the shaving gel once and it was ok. I do prefer a foaming gel but when I give it a proper test i'll update this.

Purchased in for $49.

• Causes Irritation: No
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Tom
TomAdelaide21 posts
  Top Review

Great marketing. Average product

Purchased the $15 trial box from OSCAR after getting the proverbials with Dollar Shave Club.

First off, Bravo to OSCAR for their website and product marketing - ticks all the usual boxes for promising the world and then vastly under delivering - read "Made in Germany" "Thousands of reviews" "Thousands of happy customers" and all the other assorted hoo hah that generally goes with online products.

However funnily enough - not a single negative review is present....

Anywho, Razor and sample shaving gel arrived. Packaged beautifully. Very impressive. Too bad the razor doesn't actually shave your face and the gel lathers to the same consistency as liquid soap.

The razor head itself is a cheap bit of flexible plastic with a few semi sharp razors attached that clog up so quickly that its borderline useless after a few passes. Ive so far managed to endure trying to shave with it 3 times - so far I have had to both re-lather and re-shave my face with different products to ensure a clean shave. The razor handle is granted, quite a comfortable bit of equipment though.

All in all, I work for an organisation which requires males to be clean shaved daily. I would not and could not recommend this product to anyone who requires (or desires) any level of consistency or a quality shave on a daily or near daily basis.

This product is a toy, more at home in the bathroom of a teenager who is more concerned with the aesthetics of an all black handle and flashy packaging.

Avoid

Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Christina D.
Christina D.

Buyer Beware!

I have attempted to cancel my recurring subscription with Oscar razor multiple times now. I have cancelled online through ‘manage subscriptions’ and sent 5 emails to the NSW (Australia) office. No response to any of them. If you are going to try this product - do not sign up for a recurring subscription. You may not be able to get out! My bank has agreed to block their access to my account given my multiple attempts to contact them since September (2023). It is unlikely I will be refunded the amounts taken after my cancellation in September - but at least Oscar will be stopped from accessing further amounts. Overall incredibly disappointing customer service and care. Show details
Humdinger
HumdingerSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts

So Good

I have sensitive skin and have put up with razors causing nicks, abrasions and irritations for years and years. I admit to being initially sceptical about the Oscar ... with 5 blades! But the end result is a great shave with almost zero post-shave irritation. And each blades lasts much longer than any other razor I've used.

I'd recommend that you try the Oscar. It may or may not work for you, but it has been an excellent razor for me. Show details

Gee B.

I have tried at least 15 Oscar Razors & I will not order any more Show details
Steve G
Steve GCanberra 2600, ACT3 posts

The Trimmer is Terrible

Ordered directly from the Oscar Razor website (https://oscarrazor.com.au). The Oscar Razor was delivered very quickly. The quality of the shave from the 5 blades is ok. But the trimmer on the back is completely blunt. So much so that It is actually painful to use. I don't think I'll be using this again. Back to the name brands I guess. Show details
Cameron P.
Cameron P.Perth, WA2 posts

Impressive to say the least

Was unsure whether to go with Oscar or DSC from reading reviews however I went with Oscar and bought this about a week ago, just arrived yesterday. Shaved this morning and wow am I impressed. This gives me the best shave and a good close shave I have ever had, the handle is great too and will be continuing to purchase from Oscar for the foreseeable future. If you have doubts or unsure just go with Oscar. Show details ·  1
Larry N
Larry NSydney, NSW2 posts

Nice Clean Shave

I've been using Oscar's razors and shave oil for years and consistently get a nice clean nick-free shave every day! Show details
Seajay
SeajayMelbourne18 posts

Emailed notification of a refund but it's been over a week and the refund hasn't been paid

I've had to report this to consumer affairs. How boring. The razors take a long long time to arrive if they arrive at all. It's a real hassle following it up. The razors are nothing special. The black handle is nice. Show details
OlB
OlB

Not recommended

Impossible to replace used blade with new one. The shave wasn't that great either. In the bin it has all gone!
Col I.
Col I.Illawarra, NSW

Best shave in a long time

Switched from another subscription razor company that I’ve been with for years and it’s the best decision I’ve made in a long time. The shave is perfect and the razor quality is great. I’ll be sticking with Oscar for good. Show details
Jon
Jon2 posts

Tailored solution

Over COVID I wasn’t shaving as regularly as usual. My blade usage was well down. No issue with Oscar. Rescheduled accordingly. All good. Refilled just in time and now fully stocked. Thank you.
Lachy Toogood
Lachy Toogood

Awesome and convenient

The shavers are a fantastic quality and it is great to never have to worry about going to the shops for replacements. I am a long-running subscriber and will continue to be. Show details
Straker C.
Straker C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC6 posts

Forget Gillette

Oscar Razor is good quality product delivering a great shave at a very reasonable price point. Fantastic value for money and great customer service with the product delivered to your door at a frequency of your choice. Show details

Casuarina M.
Casuarina M.

Not so much a question but the website is pretty male oriented, when picking a plan it shows photos of men with stubble and assumes that’s the only area you’re shaving. Wouldn’t recommend for women seeing as they don’t seem to remember that we exist.

Features

• The Oscar Razor is designed with 5 blades, which are coated in ceramic to provide a closer shave and better rust resistance.
  • The handle is weighted, for better grip and support.
  • An aloe strip across the blades helps lubricate your skin while shaving, which helps to avoid irritation.
  • Oscar has 3 shave plans available: the Ultra Lite Shave Plan - which provides 1 razor each month for an ongoing cost of $3.75, the Lite plan - 2 razors per month for $7.50, and the Regular plan - 4 razors per month for $12.50. The razors are delivered to you every 3 months.
  • If you’d prefer to try out the Oscar Razor before jumping into a plan commitment, you can purchase a sample pack for $20. This contains a razor handle and 4 replacement razor cartridges.

Points of praise for the Oscar Razor

• Overall, the majority of reviewers were united in their opinion that this was a good value razor that didn’t compromise on superior shaving performance, just because it was affordable.
  • Reviewers reported that the Oscar Razor produced an extremely close shave, thanks to the sharp blades. It was noted by some reviewers that this razor is able to shave all facial hair in one pass.
  • Despite the close shave, the Oscar Razor didn’t irritate skin.
  • The solid, weighted handle is durable and feels steady in your hand, making for a satisfying shaving experience.
  • Great customer service was an added bonus, as Oscar staff resolved enquiries quickly and efficiently, and in a friendly, helpful manner.