Ozito ELM-1536

• Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Benno

BennoQueensland

Dust churner, getting warranty was unnecessarily unpleasant experience.

"An ideal mower for the home owner who has a medium to large lawn area." says the blurb on Bunnings website. But after having to claim warranty (no choice of refund offered) I was told 3 times that this model was only to be used for small areas like in townhouses not homes. So there is either false advertising or misinformation. I was also asked to pay an extra $10 because I paid that much less last year (2019), they said I was buying, I said I was getting a replacement not buying. My grass area is small to medium. I have to say the grass is short and dry most times of the year (watering by rain only since 2007), the ELM 1536 is very good to excellent at churning up dust in this situation. I did not test on lush grass.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$149.00.

Garry

GarrySydney, NSW

Good but.... it needs a power cord.

No review mentions it needs a power cord attached to the mower to run. It DOES NOT run on a rechargeable battery. That is this mower’s biggest flaw. The power cord gets in the way when mowing. Can also do with a bigger lawn catcher. I find I have to empty it every 5-10 minutes.

Otherwise a great lawn mower for the price, $150. Lite, easy to maintainer, good for a small lawn.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$150.00.

Amanda

AmandaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Perfect for small backyard

Bought it few days back only from bunnings local store, My backyard is not huge but it does the job. So far happy with the product. It comes with 3 year warranty, so can't complain.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$109.00.

B F.

B F.Sydney, NSW

Jsut purchased and used once - good!

Purchased in April 2020 for A$155.00.

Sxpati2

Sxpati2

Perfect for town house and medium size lawn where required electrical cable length is less than 25 meters.

Easy to assemble and use. Enough power-1500 w to cut the grass (15-20 cm height) in the medium sized backyard(200m sq). More power would be unnecessary. One should not be cutting more than 40% of the length of the grass at a time so as not to damage the grass roots. It is sturdy and robust and comes with 3 years of warranty. Therefore peace of mind. Assembling basket looks little complex due to flexibility of the material but not very difficult. However flexibility also makes it durable. And this is just one time job. Overall happy. Serves my need.

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$155.00.

Daniel S.

Daniel S.Sydney, NSW

Its okay, but great for the price!

I purchased this mower after reading many positive reviews although its power and features arent as flash hot as some other brands on the market i think given the price it serves more than its purpose and is very ideal for a situation like myself who has a small backyard to cut here and there. Overall Im very happy with this product and would highly recommend it to other individuals.

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$149.00.

Pacman

PacmanSydney, NSW

Recently upgraded from older Ozito Electric Lawn Mower

Personally i like corded lawn mowers, i don't understand why we don't have a bigger and better range.
Overall it works fine and i give my lawn mower a hard time.
The catcher is a bit small, balance is a bit off when it gets full. Catcher is hard to get on and off, needed some rivets to stop it from falling apart. Handle angle is a little low for my liking. From the previous version its improved and gone backwards at the same time. The motor does tend to struggle a bit on thicker grass.
Hope to get a couple more years from it, but not sure if i would buy another one. At $150 it still good value and with a 3 year warranty really cant go wrong.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$150.00.

Grego

GregoDarwin, NT

Great if it lasted....

Excellent lawn mower and more than powerful enough for our small lawn of around 100m2. What really annoys me is they don't last! This is the second one now and after about 9 months to a year it just seizes.
Electric motors are supposed to be super reliable and maintenance free. Nothing unusual about our lawn. It doesn't do any heavy duty work. Not over heated at all. The blade on the one I'm about to bin is unworn. At least I now know why I couldn't find anywhere that sold spare blades. Ha ha you will never need them!

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$150.00.

Reece

ReeceMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect for Small Backyards

I have a small backyard and this mower is perfect for this application. It is easy to store, maintain and It was only $149!. I am very happy with this product and have not had a single issue with it yet.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$149.00.

Aaroneyeball

AaroneyeballSydney, NSW

Perfect for the price

I used to have a push mower and my lawn was long overdue partially because the push mower is almost useless if the grass grow to certain height. I thought this E mower will have a tough time for the first mowing at least as the grass is not only high but also wet. But it went through without any difficulties. Should have got it earlier.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings.

Ronny

RonnyIllawarra, NSW

Great value

Good little lawn mower. It is a little bit low on power, not as powerful as the others and has a small catcher. However, you can't fault it for the price.

Purchased in December 2018.

Matek

MatekSydney, NSW

Got the job done.

This is an awesome machine due to its light weight it’s very easy to manoeuvre and operate over the lawn, my backyard is very uneven so this was perfect to get the job done, the catcher is 38litres so the length and thickness of your grass will determine how often you will need to empty it. Because it’s electric there’s no need to worry about charging batteries or filling with petrol or oil.

Purchased in April 2019 for A$149.00.

UMapusaga

UMapusagaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great and affordable for small lawns

Very light easy to mow lawns. Catcher is a perfect size for my lawn. Only need to empty catcher once when mowings done.
Easy to clean and look after. Shape and colour are very appealing.

Purchased in February 2018.

Muzza

MuzzaNortheast, VIC

Ozito corded electric mower

Purchased in September 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$149.00.

Lukie

LukieLiverpool

Best Budget mower under $150

Mower easy to use and Assemble, packaged simplistic and only 5 minutes tops assembly without the use of any tools, surprisingly a very quite mower, little flap that indicates when the catcher requires emptying is a great visualization tool as it takes away the guessing, this model is recommended over the 1000W model which is $99.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Peter b

Peter bSydney, NSW

Makes me feel like a genius.

Ive bought two of these mowers for two different properties,the first one in march 2018 ,and the second one in december 2018 (to replace an 'orrible Victa push mower.Theyre fab little devices that work really well and give an excellent result with minimum fuss.Well designed and very economical....I really like the surprising amount of power and the strong vacuuming action which really cleans up all the leaves and clippings thoroughly.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Vicki

VickiPerth

For the price this is a perfect mower

Lydia

LydiaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Addictive

I am a middle aged female with shoulder and elbow pain, so the pull start and maintenance of a petrol lawnmower is not for me. So glad I googled the electric option and before I knew it, I bought an Ozito 1500w. If I can put it together by myself, anyone can! I have loved it from day one.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Debra

DebraPerth

Great value mower

My first electric mower which replaced my push pull mower. I paid $149 for the 1500W model even though I have a tiny lawn. The 1000W was $99. The main difference apart from larger motor is on the 1500W model the catcher is bigger and the height can be adjusted by a lever, not by adjusting the wheels, like on the 1000W model. I put the mower together easily, although the catcher took a bit longer than I'd have liked. Once assembled it works like a dream. My lawn has never looked better and it takes me about 5 minutes to mow! Only negative is I wanted to buy a spare blade for when this one got blunt, but Bunnings don't stock them. They can be bought online or Bunnings store may be able to order one in.

ESE

ESEBallina

Great for small home

Bought one locally from bunnings as hire was more expensive. it is light and easy to use. Looks cheap plastic, but who cares, it does what it is supposed to do. Our backyard is small and it really works well for us. Have used about 7-8 times in the past months.
It also comes with warranty too.

Date PurchasedOct 2017