4Ozito PXC 2 X 18V Telescopic Lawn Mower Kit PXLMTK-4182

2.8

CDAussie
CDAussieNortheast, VIC40 posts

Happy with it so far

Purchased from Bunnings along with an edger and two batteries. Cuts well, light weight and very east to use. Catcher is small but not an issue. Batteries charged in 30 minutes is excellent. Do not miss fuel cans, the noises and the weight. This mower does it well. Show details
Peter S.Central Queensland, QLD2 posts

Mower slows and stops intermittently especially with slight loading

I have had the mower for just over a year. We have only a small berm to cut and the mower has probably only been used a dozen times. I am an electrical engineer and I checked out the handle microswitch, contacts between the handle and mower and battery condition which are all good. The symptoms I have suddenly been getting seems to be related to the overload sensor inside the motor playing up. This sensor stops the mower if the load is too great. Unfortunately, it is now slowing and cutting out even with the slightest load, if any, which is very annoying. It is tempting to pull the motor apart to see if I can fix it but will refrain and take it back to Bunnings as it is still under warranty (3 years). Show details
Peter S.

Here Is a video of the symptoms I am experiencing: https://photos.app.goo.gl/nP3SM3wNkY1g21Qy8

Ricky
RickySydney, NSW17 posts
JohnR6 posts

David Van Barneveld
David Van BarneveldSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Worst mower I have ever owned !

I am sorry I got rid of my trusty petrol mower to buy this glorified toy mower. My petrol mower would virtually cut sugar cane down, but this Ozito twin 18v mower is flat out cutting the skin off a rice pudding ! Absolutely gutless. Constantly stops and needs restarting. Poor battery life, and batteries need to cool down before they will fast charge. What used to take me 30 minutes to cut with my old petrol mower now takes three hours allowing for a battery recharge. It's going in the bin shortly and I am going back to petrol! Show details
Darren
DarrenWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Safety sensors ruin this mower

Many people are reporting the lawn mower cuts out frequently and assume it is the battery. I have discovered it is sensors which incorrectly stop the mover. There is one for the handles.
I inserted another washer under the locking lever and this helped stop this happening. I still find that if you are holding the handle and there is sideways pressure, like sideways on a hill, it will slow and start to cut out.
Disabling these sensors would be great as it is the most frustrating tool I have ever had. When it runs it cuts well. Show details
Matie000Sydney, NSW7 posts
terri777WA, 611263 posts

Much improved model

The previous Ozito did a good job, but battery life wasn't great, the height adjustment was very awkward to use, and the blade was available only on special order.
The latest model has 33% more battery power, a simple height adjustment, a wider blade, seems much more robust altogether, is well made, and it has a power surge for several seconds if the going gets suddenly harder. The catcher is easy to remove and replace.
I have found two drawbacks: the batteries are very hard to remove, and the start/ stop lever requires far too much force to operate. The latter makes it very tiring to use, with a frequent loss of power as the grip is relaxed.
Overall, a much improved model.
Robert
Robert2 posts

5 years warranty thought it must be really good

Hit a stone the size of a pingpong ball it totally destroyed the plastic yes that's right plastic bearing reatiners on the electric motor my old perol mower has hit hundreds of stone's and never had any issues like that apart from sharpening the blade would fix it . it's not fit for purpose as a lawnmower .now warranty it's my fault.if you own one hoover the lawn first Show details
  • +1Thumbnail
Rohit
RohitSouth East Queensland, QLD32 posts

Perfect for small to medium yard very impressed with first use

Bought it from bunnings today. took almost 5 minutes to get it ready after the first charge with 2 x 4ah batteries, finished the yard that has sir walter grass then used the same batteries for line trimming no issues.
reasonably quiet, catcher has a fill indicator which is handy so you know when its time to empty it. 3 years warranty is cherry on top for peace of mind.
very happy with the results, will update in 6 months if any issues. Show details

Larissa H.
Larissa H.

My OZITO mower is less than 12 months old. If I could find the receipt I would return it to Bunnings. It worked brilliantly for the first 6 months but now it slows down and cuts out every few minutes. This lasts for about 10 mins max and then it cuts out completely. Is this a battery problem? Or some sort of sensor or safety issue? It’s driving me mad!

terri777

Take the batteries back for testing. We they are under warranty as and I'd guess that they would just be replace them.
Battery failures in general are not unusual.
Did you register the warranty?

Michelle
Michelle

Can I use different voltage of ozitto batteries, I.e 1x18v 2.5AH and 1x 18v 2.0AH to power up the Ozito PXC 2 x 18V Telescopic Lawn Mower Kit please? Have the extra batteries and not sure if I can use them in that combination or I MUST use the exact same 2x same AH (I.e 2x2.0AH or 2x2.5AH)?thanks

Anne M.