OZTrail Mitchell

See the Best Swags in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

So far as swags go, very good

It was my first stay in a swag. I've done a lot of camping, just never in a swag.
The Mitchell is easy to unroll and construct, with three aluminium arches that are inserted in the swag and the use of guy ropes and pegs.
Inside is a built in mattress with good padding, sturdy zips to close the fly screens and the main fly, as well as storage pouches for things like wallets, torches, mobile phones, glasses etc. I was also able to store the remainder of my backpack and stuff in the top area of the swag.
Overnight it was actually pretty chilly (as chilly as it can get in Katherine) but the swag was cosy and leaving the fly slightly unzipped to expose the fly screen kept air circulating.
As a first timer in a swag I was pretty impressed. But having stayed the majority of times in tents I prefer the room that the latter offers. In my experience the average two-person hiker tent folds up significantly lighter and smaller (albeit without the built-in mattress the swag offers).
So far as swags go, the Mitchell is very good and highly recommended.

Purchased in June 2019.

First night in swag

Following my first night in the swag my 2 main observations are: the mattress needs to be a little denser to allow for womens hips on their sides and the inner flyer zips. They need to be square ended not rounded because when zipped together there are 2 gaps either side that can let in mozzies!

Looks good in the shop

Still early days as we look for the best swag for us. We know we want a dome version. The OzTrail Mitchell all set-up and so the good lady jumped in and liked it's features. However thought maybe it needed a self inflating mattress for her total sleeping comfort. Don't know why as she seems to sleep well enough on the couch or in the car and the swag is heaps better than that. ;)
Features: good airflow, height for head & feet, quality canvas & reasonable price.
Mattress probably not dense enough for her & may need a self inflating.