MPN: 36376102

Hmmm ..., not completely satisfied

This is my 3rd Panasonic Blu-Ray recorder and I'm still not 100% satified. Once it's up and running it works well but it just won't connect to the t.v. straight off the bat. It turns on and say 'Hello' and then nothing. I have to wait 5 mins or more for it to revert back to the time and then if I press the power button again it will connect. I find this super frustrating but have checked and re-checked the cableling etc and it's all in order. The other thing I find rather strange is that my 1st Bly-Ray recorder of almost 9 years ago (which was the best by far) was the only one where you could 'eject' the DVD via the remote control. One would think that after all this time, technology would allow you to do this. Aside from these couple of things, I am pretty happy with it but as to how long it will last is anyone's guess. Given the price of the Blu-Ray recorders and the fact that there is very little to choose from out there, I doubt I will be replacing for a 4th time. I will just buy a DVD player for which there is a lot more to choose from.

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $449.00.

Hi Babs, it sounds like your recorder has developed a fault, it certainly shouldn't take that long to start and you shouldn't need to reset it. Please contact our customer service team on 132600 who will try some options on the phone for you. In relation to removing the eject button off the remote, our research showed this was a button that wasn't used as everyone mentioned, you had to get up to change the disc so using the button on the remote wasn't valid for most people. We do appreciate your feedback on this however.Thank you for your reply. After I purchased the Blu-Ray recorder I did ring Panasonic but what the lady told me to do didn't work. I am however, happy to contact again to see if we can overcome the problem. Regards Liz

Won't find simple Free to Air channels

My unit can't find any of the channel 7 channels (Prime in my rural area) when tuning the channels and loses SBS and all it's companion channels regularly - even though the signal strength through the TV and the 2 other TVs in my house is at 100%. I have had no luck with the Panasonic support line as the operator claimed that Channel 7 is not a free channel and as such, the blu ray player can't pick up the signal? Still looking for a solution but if one isn't found soon I'll have to make the 4 hour round trip back to the shop to exchange it for something that will work as intended :(

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $509.95.

Hi disappointed. Sorry to hear about your experience with your new recorder. I can see our customer service team is still emailing you to work out a solution for you in relation to this matter.

Not good enough

Cannot watch Netflix or You Tube if recording anything. Unit goes into a self check mode and shuts down. Will be calling Panasonic for a fix or returning to the retailer for a refund

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Just been informed by Panasonic that it's not supposed to record free to air TV and watch Netflix or You Tube at the same time. Wish I'd known that before I purchased it as I wouldn't have bought it. We can put a man on the moon but can't watch Netflix and record free tv at the same time. A jokeHi Rob, apologies but the unit is not able to support recording a program and watching the internet at the same time as we mentioned in our DM to you.Yeah and like I said I wouldn't have bought it had I known that

Don't buy this product if you want to watch DVDs

Don't buy this product if you want to watch DVDs as it doesn't memorize where you are up to on the disc allowing you to watch it later from where you left off- this is infuriating and even cheap DVD players have this facility. I spoke to Panasonic who were patronizing and dismissive and told me that product was working to specification - surely most people would expect a machine for this price to have this basic feature.

Purchased in March 2019.

Hi David, thank you for taking the time to provide the feedback. We are sorry to hear about the experience you had with our customer service team.

company responses interesting but not good enough

interesting isn't it that Panasonic responses to the positive assessment but not to any of those experiencing problems poor form Panasonic - why not be helpful and offer assistance to those having problems and or improve the features as noted in the reviews

Purchased in January 2019.

Good unit except for DVDissues

My dad had a DMR-PWT560 and said it was great but that he never used the DVD function on it, So since i had multiple units doing all the same jobs this one unit could do, i went and bought one for myself. straight away it updated firmware, as someone who used to work in IT, I switched device off and allowed it to properly reboot itself. all the functions worked superbly except the DVD player would start playing and about 15-20 minutes into a movie, the picture would constantly start breaking up and then freeze and stop working. went and checked my dads one and it had the same problem

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $499.00.

Good product with a few improvement

I bought this pvr about a year ago to record soccer games at the World Cup last year.
I must say it produce good quality of sound and picture.
The blu Ray is excellent and the play back is good.
The only problem is it can not remember where to restart the movie if I stop it in the middle of movie.

Purchased in March 2018.

Lacks features

This was purchased to replace Sony DVD+Topfield HDD. I was astounded to find you can not stop a DVD movie and try watching the rest at a later time. Even my old 2010 Sony could do that. Another thing the inability to add further apps i.e Tenplay, 7catchup, Nine catchup etc...no can do!
You have iView, SBS demand, Netflix that's it!! Very disappointed customer.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $400.00.

Excellent Panasonic DMR value!

I purchased the Panasonic 560 model DMR to tape the new season of Doctor Who and it has so far not let me down. The quality of recordings is absolutely superb and like watching a blu-ray recording of the show. This one is very easy to use, comes with a top-notch blu ray/ DVD player built in and seems like a typical Panasonic product in its high build quality and ergonomic design. This is a classy, premium-feeling unit, while not the cheapest model around. Looking at the other reviews, maybe I have been lucky in my unit; I'm certainly not experiencing some of the issues others have. Panasonic picture quality for blu ray players has traditionally been up there with the very best and this is no exception. Blu rays play back superbly with excellent depth and detail, a stunning natural colour performance and great black levels. DVDs do look very good too with this unit's commendable ability to upscale to full HD. So far, I can not fault this machine from one of the few true stalwarts of the Japanese electronics industry still in business...

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Timelord1Nick, thanks for reviewing your recorder. It's fantastic to hear you are so happy with it and it no doubt gives you great viewing with your matching Panasonic TV!

Would never buy another Panasonic DMR_PWR560

Cant watch Netflix if also recording _ unit keeps going in to Self Check function and shuts down.
Restart takes up to 5 minutes
If recording 2 channels cant watch a 3rd side as advertised, have to watch one of the programmes being recorded and usually the one the unit selects for you.
If you try to cancel a recording it wont let you, so you have to wait until the recording ends before you can watch anything else.
Even though there is a record cancel button it is greyed out so wont work.
Contact with Panasonic NZ has been poor with messages left going unanswered.
When i did talk to them they only said to turn off at switch and reboot.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Absolute Rubbish

Got this model as a replacement under warranty of our first Panasonic, bought it 13/12/17. Within a month we started having problems, then the Hard drive crashed, it was sent away for repairs, had it back a couple of days and started playing up again, won't let you watch Netflix while recording free to air even tho it's one of the features advertised. If you try to record from two channels while watching one it will pick which channel you can watch. They sent it away for more repairs, but to no avail, have told them I want a refund as this is ridiculous, been in the repairers more than I've had it. Waiting to hear back.
Yes in theory it's easy to use, when it works, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it, even to my worst enemy!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Would not purchase another

I purchased this Panasonic because I could play my Photo CD’s . But when recording a program on the TV it will only slow 2 programs to be recorded at the one time. Fair enough you say? Yes, but.. you have to be watching one of the recorded programs. And if you are watching one recorded program and the other is not recorded till a few minutes later the recorder will switch over to the program which has just commenced. The recorder is telling you what to watch. No way would I buy another one of these. Simple to
use?? I don’t think so.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

So far its awesome

This device replaced our much loved Pioneer DVD/PVR.

The machine is feature rich and easy to set up. I have it connected to a HD Plasma display, a Sony Amp and my home LAN via ethernet. The device was very easy to configure, and has picked up my DLNA compliant Netgear NAS, and plays the videos readily stored on it. I am using a Logitech Harmony remote with the device and it was also easy to configure.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

I have a DMR-PWT560. Whenever I try to access the internet function I get a message saying the network is under maintenance. I can access Netflix with no problems so my connection is good, other unrelated machines have full internet access but this doesn't.
Hi Mal, please contact our customer service team on 132600 for further assistance.Hi Mal - Unfortunately I'm unable to help you as I don't use my recorder for much more than watching DVD's and recording television programs. I would do as Panasonic has suggested and contact their customer service team. I hope they can resolve the issue for you.

Recently upgraded to the Panasonic DMR-PWT560 everything worked from the start but recently had an issue whereby I could not access the internet or Netflix option. I kept getting a message asking to check the network connection. Which I did and could see no issues when I ran the test, as it advised that I was connected via the wireless router. I turned the player off for a few minutes and when I turned it back on I was then able to access Netflix but still not the Internet. Any suggestions on how to correct this, greatly appreciated.
Hi CJB, please contact our customer service team on 132600 and we will walk you thru some options over the phone.

I cant change the volume with either the TV or HDD recorder nothing happens when i use the buttons on either remote. Anyone have any ideas?
Hi Annie, please contact our customer service team on 132600 so we can try some troubleshooting with you.

CategoryBlu-Ray & DVD Players