Panasonic DMR-PWT560GN

Panasonic DMR-PWT560GN

MPN: 36376102

AaronWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

won't play movies from external USB Hard drive

won't play movies from external USB Hard drive as it wants you to register the drive, but to do so it wants to delete everything on drive. copied all data of the External drive, registered drive with unit plugged back into computer to put all data back on drive and now it is not compatible or recognized by computer.... now have to pay money to get external drive fixed bought unit in late October 2019. will be returning for different brand and product

Purchased in October 2019 at Harvey Norman for $495.00.

Aaron

Please explain why this unit won't play movies and music already on an external drive over 2TB and continues to asks that the drive be registered

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Aaron, sorry we need to ask you further questions to assist you, please all us on 132600.

NoladeeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I think it great ,however there is a problem

Bought this unit to upgrade a 12 year old model that is still working just fine ,but it can’t scan in the newer HD channels and can only records one program .this model appears to work very well ,except for the fact that when I delete a recorded program it deletes the scheduled program as well .it seems that I have to remember to reschedule a program that is on the programed list ??? Am I doing something wrong when I delete ,or when I set up a program link ?

Purchased in June 2019.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Noladee, thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. Please contact our customer service team for further assistance on 132600.

BabsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hmmm ..., not completely satisfied

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $449.00.

Babs

Thank you for your reply. After I purchased the Blu-Ray recorder I did ring Panasonic but what the lady told me to do didn't work. I am however, happy to contact again to see if we can overcome the problem. Regards Liz

Won't find simple Free to Air channels

My unit can't find any of the channel 7 channels (Prime in my rural area) when tuning the channels and loses SBS and all it's companion channels regularly - even though the signal strength through the TV and the 2 other TVs in my house is at 100%. I have had no luck with the Panasonic support line as the operator claimed that Channel 7 is not a free channel and as such, the blu ray player can't pick up the signal? Still looking for a solution but if one isn't found soon I'll have to make the 4 hour round trip back to the shop to exchange it for something that will work as intended :(

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $509.95.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi disappointed. Sorry to hear about your experience with your new recorder. I can see our customer service team is still emailing you to work out a solution for you in relation to this matter.

RobMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not good enough

Cannot watch Netflix or You Tube if recording anything. Unit goes into a self check mode and shuts down. Will be calling Panasonic for a fix or returning to the retailer for a refund

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Rob, apologies but the unit is not able to support recording a program and watching the internet at the same time as we mentioned in our DM to you.

Yeah and like I said I wouldn't have bought it had I known that

Don't buy this product if you want to watch DVDs

Don't buy this product if you want to watch DVDs as it doesn't memorize where you are up to on the disc allowing you to watch it later from where you left off- this is infuriating and even cheap DVD players have this facility. I spoke to Panasonic who were patronizing and dismissive and told me that product was working to specification - surely most people would expect a machine for this price to have this basic feature.

Purchased in March 2019.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi David, thank you for taking the time to provide the feedback. We are sorry to hear about the experience you had with our customer service team.

Deb C

Deb CVictoria

company responses interesting but not good enough

interesting isn't it that Panasonic responses to the positive assessment but not to any of those experiencing problems poor form Panasonic - why not be helpful and offer assistance to those having problems and or improve the features as noted in the reviews

Purchased in January 2019.

Gregory Kennedy

Gregory KennedySydney, NSW

Good unit except for DVDissues

My dad had a DMR-PWT560 and said it was great but that he never used the DVD function on it, So since i had multiple units doing all the same jobs this one unit could do, i went and bought one for myself. straight away it updated firmware, as someone who used to work in IT, I switched device off and allowed it to properly reboot itself. all the functions worked superbly except the DVD player would start playing and about 15-20 minutes into a movie, the picture would constantly start breaking up and then freeze and stop working. went and checked my dads one and it had the same problem

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $499.00.

Bruce

BruceQLD, 4051

Good product with a few improvement

I bought this pvr about a year ago to record soccer games at the World Cup last year.
I must say it produce good quality of sound and picture.
The blu Ray is excellent and the play back is good.
The only problem is it can not remember where to restart the movie if I stop it in the middle of movie.

Purchased in March 2018.

Burliegh boy

Burliegh boySouth East Queensland, QLD

Lacks features

This was purchased to replace Sony DVD+Topfield HDD. I was astounded to find you can not stop a DVD movie and try watching the rest at a later time. Even my old 2010 Sony could do that. Another thing the inability to add further apps i.e Tenplay, 7catchup, Nine catchup etc...no can do!
You have iView, SBS demand, Netflix that's it!! Very disappointed customer.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $400.00.

Timelord1Nick

Timelord1NickMoorabin

Excellent Panasonic DMR value!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Timelord1Nick, thanks for reviewing your recorder. It's fantastic to hear you are so happy with it and it no doubt gives you great viewing with your matching Panasonic TV!

TOPCAT

TOPCATAuckland

Would never buy another Panasonic DMR_PWR560

Cant watch Netflix if also recording _ unit keeps going in to Self Check function and shuts down.
Restart takes up to 5 minutes
If recording 2 channels cant watch a 3rd side as advertised, have to watch one of the programmes being recorded and usually the one the unit selects for you.
If you try to cancel a recording it wont let you, so you have to wait until the recording ends before you can watch anything else.
Even though there is a record cancel button it is greyed out so wont work.
Contact with Panasonic NZ has been poor with messages left going unanswered.
When i did talk to them they only said to turn off at switch and reboot.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Gian

GianHervey Bay

Absolute Rubbish

Got this model as a replacement under warranty of our first Panasonic, bought it 13/12/17. Within a month we started having problems, then the Hard drive crashed, it was sent away for repairs, had it back a couple of days and started playing up again, won't let you watch Netflix while recording free to air even tho it's one of the features advertised. If you try to record from two channels while watching one it will pick which channel you can watch. They sent it away for more repairs, but to no avail, have told them I want a refund as this is ridiculous, been in the repairers more than I've had it. Waiting to hear back.
Yes in theory it's easy to use, when it works, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it, even to my worst enemy!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Paul

PaulLake Munmorah

Would not purchase another

I purchased this Panasonic because I could play my Photo CD’s . But when recording a program on the TV it will only slow 2 programs to be recorded at the one time. Fair enough you say? Yes, but.. you have to be watching one of the recorded programs. And if you are watching one recorded program and the other is not recorded till a few minutes later the recorder will switch over to the program which has just commenced. The recorder is telling you what to watch. No way would I buy another one of these. Simple to
use?? I don’t think so.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
MBKITMGR

MBKITMGRHunter Region, NSW

So far its awesome

This device replaced our much loved Pioneer DVD/PVR.

The machine is feature rich and easy to set up. I have it connected to a HD Plasma display, a Sony Amp and my home LAN via ethernet. The device was very easy to configure, and has picked up my DLNA compliant Netgear NAS, and plays the videos readily stored on it. I am using a Logitech Harmony remote with the device and it was also easy to configure.

Date PurchasedJul 2016