Panasonic DMR-PWT560GN

MPN: 36376102
Listing monitored by Panasonic

BRIANHunter Region, NSW

Not Compatible With A Lot Of Things & Won't Record Cd's Etc

Not as good as my 12y/o panasonic recorder, it could do anything & play anything . Remotes not as easy to use as old one. This model won't play half of my music & photos & videos on my usb sticks, not compatible with much.

Purchased in July 2021 at Harvey Norman for $375.00.

Graham
GrahamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Now I can view Wimbledon recorded in full HD!!

Needed to upgrade DVD recorder from SD to receive HD TV channels.
Latest Panasonic was ideal. Great product and easy to instal. Now I can sleep through late night Wimbledon matches and watch next day recorded in full HD.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Graham that's great to hear, and hopefully you watched young Ash Barty take out the ladies title.

MickMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

So let down by this product.

I would never have bought dmr pwt 560 if I knew it will not play movies etc that the dmr Panasonic had not recorded itself, omg how restrictive is that Panasonic.

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman Big Buys for $500.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hey Mick, Have you called our customer service team on 132600 for some assistance if not please do.

Mick

I have.....hello....dmr will only play it’s recorded movies and you cannot play dmr movies on other equipment......132600 will confirm this......doooorrrrr

Bill4747ADELAIDE

Glad I didn't read the other reviews before purchasing, as I probably wouldn't have had I done so

Just read a recent review regarding this product - Wish I'd read all this before I purchased this one.....

I purchased mine because the LG Twin HD Tuner I already had wasn't compatible with my new LG smart tv.

The only issues I have with it so far is that every time I turn it on, it tells me it has found new channels, when in fact there aren't that many new channels being added to the broadcast network every day or less*, and the problem of when I play it forward 1.3x speed, the volume increases substantially which is a bit annoying.

*Logged with Panasonic support, waiting for contact from them.

Purchased in January 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $380.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Bill, please contact our customer service team on 132600 for further assistance in turning this off.

Chris
Chris

Wish I'd read all this before I purchased this one.....

Just bought this for some 80+y olds stuck in their villa with nothing to do..... after a good experience with my 5-6 yo early version I just walked into Harvey Norman and said 'shut-up and take my money'....
Set it up for them.... gave them a run through, few examples of operation... then it happened :o
went to set a time to record a program 4 hours from now,.... and it blitzed the whole channel, setting the timer for each and every show for the next 24-30 hours.... then it proceeded to tell me that selected times were clashing, rectify the selected times... but it wouldn't let me delete any shows.
We just had to turn it off and wait for the calendar day to pass.... and turn it back on again...
What The Hell Was That All About????

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for $495.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Chris, sorry to hear that the setup wasn't such an easy process for you. If we can be of assistance in how to use the unit, please contact our customer service team on 132600 for further assistance.

David matson
David matsonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I just wanted to play dvds.

Call me old fashioned but I watch movies on DVD. So I bought my 2nd Panasonic DVD player and thought it would be nice to have the facility to record as well if needed. Compared to my 11 year old DVD player, this new one loads slower, takes several minutes to turn the TV on, doesn't remember where you were up to (to return later) and now it's not loading some DVDs. Very unsatisfied with the product. It seems like many hifi products, as technology improves, the quality deteriorates.

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $457.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi David, sorry to hear that this product isn't up to your requirements. We do appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback.

Sambo 64
Sambo 64Sydney, NSW

DMR-PWT560GN

Purchased in May 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $598.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Sambo, sorry to hear your unit had developed a fault. Please contact our customer service team on 132600 for further assistance.

Veritas
VeritasSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not what the customer, what National say you have to have

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances.

AaronWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

won't play movies from external USB Hard drive

won't play movies from external USB Hard drive as it wants you to register the drive, but to do so it wants to delete everything on drive. copied all data of the External drive, registered drive with unit plugged back into computer to put all data back on drive and now it is not compatible or recognized by computer.... now have to pay money to get external drive fixed bought unit in late October 2019. will be returning for different brand and product

Purchased in October 2019 at Harvey Norman for $495.00.

Aaron

Please explain why this unit won't play movies and music already on an external drive over 2TB and continues to asks that the drive be registered

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Aaron, sorry we need to ask you further questions to assist you, please all us on 132600.

NoladeeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I think it great ,however there is a problem

Bought this unit to upgrade a 12 year old model that is still working just fine ,but it can’t scan in the newer HD channels and can only records one program .this model appears to work very well ,except for the fact that when I delete a recorded program it deletes the scheduled program as well .it seems that I have to remember to reschedule a program that is on the programed list ??? Am I doing something wrong when I delete ,or when I set up a program link ?

Purchased in June 2019.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Noladee, thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. Please contact our customer service team for further assistance on 132600.

BabsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hmmm ..., not completely satisfied

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $449.00.

Babs

Thank you for your reply. After I purchased the Blu-Ray recorder I did ring Panasonic but what the lady told me to do didn't work. I am however, happy to contact again to see if we can overcome the problem. Regards Liz

Disappointed
Disappointed

Won't find simple Free to Air channels

My unit can't find any of the channel 7 channels (Prime in my rural area) when tuning the channels and loses SBS and all it's companion channels regularly - even though the signal strength through the TV and the 2 other TVs in my house is at 100%. I have had no luck with the Panasonic support line as the operator claimed that Channel 7 is not a free channel and as such, the blu ray player can't pick up the signal? Still looking for a solution but if one isn't found soon I'll have to make the 4 hour round trip back to the shop to exchange it for something that will work as intended :(

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $509.95.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi disappointed. Sorry to hear about your experience with your new recorder. I can see our customer service team is still emailing you to work out a solution for you in relation to this matter.

RobMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not good enough

Cannot watch Netflix or You Tube if recording anything. Unit goes into a self check mode and shuts down. Will be calling Panasonic for a fix or returning to the retailer for a refund

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Rob, apologies but the unit is not able to support recording a program and watching the internet at the same time as we mentioned in our DM to you.

Yeah and like I said I wouldn't have bought it had I known that

Don't buy this product if you want to watch DVDs

Don't buy this product if you want to watch DVDs as it doesn't memorize where you are up to on the disc allowing you to watch it later from where you left off- this is infuriating and even cheap DVD players have this facility. I spoke to Panasonic who were patronizing and dismissive and told me that product was working to specification - surely most people would expect a machine for this price to have this basic feature.

Purchased in March 2019.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi David, thank you for taking the time to provide the feedback. We are sorry to hear about the experience you had with our customer service team.

Deb C
Deb CVictoria

company responses interesting but not good enough

interesting isn't it that Panasonic responses to the positive assessment but not to any of those experiencing problems poor form Panasonic - why not be helpful and offer assistance to those having problems and or improve the features as noted in the reviews

Purchased in January 2019.