a HUGE step up from standard Blu-Ray

Read a number of reviews, this had some of the best due to its video & audio output from Standard or 4K.
Easy to setup - just go through all the menu items to make sure you haven't missed any that may compromise output, connected to a recently purchased 65" 4K UHD TV without issue and we had liftoff !!
Played .mkv files from the NAS without any problem - stunning to see a 1080p BR in 4K, so much detail.
Next we tested with the Mad Max Fury Road 4K UHD HDR version - all I can say it WOW what an experience. The picture was absolutely stunning with vibrant colours, great audio - a true cinema experience in the home. Now to go through all the .mkv files and do some binge watching to see them in their new glory.
Plenty of Video & Audio outputs provide future proofing so you can use it now with an older style Receiver (no HDMI input/output) but have the knowledge that when you upgrade your receiver this unit will still be there to provide its exceptional output for your new equipment.

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Panasonic DP-UB420 4K Bluray Player - with dual HDMI outputs

I bought this to experience 4K video on my 4K TV - Love it !
I did a bit to research before buying as I have a receiver that the original Bluray Player was connected to (it has a Hi Def pass through) and wanted the best bang for my buck, and I didnt want to go out and spend thousands because I would need a new receiver with a 4k Pass through. there are only a few 4K players that have dual HDMI outputs, one for 4K video the other for Audio output. Installation and setup took minutes, was simple and relaxing. I have a number of Panasonic devices and had NO issue tuning the remote to a "separate chanel" so it wouldnt interfere with the other devices. I was watching my first 4K Bluray 20 minutes after I got home.
The unit has an RJ45 network socket and has wifi connectivity. it can be used to access Netflicks Stan etc etc.
Great picture and quiet operation real quality & Value
On the down side, the instructions for "tuning the remote to a different channel" were online and a bit fiddly but doesnt detract from the great product !

Hi Whatever58, thank you for taking the time to provide detailed feedback on the UB420 player.