Panasonic DP-UB420

Panasonic DP-UB420

3.6

Consumer_userVictoria

This has to be one of the worst players I have ever had

Purchased in December 2020 at Appliances Online.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Consumer user, thank you for taking the time to provide detailed feedback on the UB420 player.

Consumer_user

Panasonic Australia C. This is the worst player I've ever owned. No thanks to clo and Customer Solutions Specialist with Panasonic Customer Solutions who today refused to honour the warranty of this player

roger.arnaud.12

roger.arnaud.12Queensland, Australia

Wireless connection drops out frequently. Menu sometimes does not even appear.

Firstly its overpriced. I paid $165 about 1 and half years ago. The wireless connection drops out especially when watching On Demand TV. Sometimes when you turn it on the menu does not appear at all and oyu have to unplug it and restart. Also the version I bought only provided Netflix, ABC IView, SBS on Demand and some other rubbish no one wants. There is no way you can get 7Plus or 9Now or TenPlay. The only part that works well is the DVD playback. Avoid it and buy a Smart TV. Very disappointing product from Panasonic.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $169.00.

Steve B

Big things in small packages.....

Purchased in September 2020.

Blu-Ray & DVD Players

Find out how Panasonic DP-UB420 compares to other Blu-Ray & DVD Players

ehmertGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Simple to use but remote needs improving!

After a couple of months of use we've not had any major issues and enjoyed watching HD blu-ray documentaries and films. Playback is stunning! The HDMI in and out is handy for use with our soundbar.
The build quality is good for the price but the remote really needs improvement. I constantly press the Netflix button by accident. Another annoyance is that you seem to be unable to return to the menu in DVDs because the menu button on the remote is unsupported (these are new DVD box sets as well).

Purchased in April 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $298.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Ehmert, thank you for taking the time to provide your review and feedback, we do appreciate it and have passed your feedback on for future development.

AimeeSydney, NSW

Easy to set up

It is very easy to set up except that the HDMI cable is not included. I have no complaints regarding video and audio. However I am quite disappointed by the not user friendly remote control.

exitguy

exitguyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

a HUGE step up from standard Blu-Ray

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

wHATEver58

wHATEver58Sydney, NSW

Panasonic DP-UB420 4K Bluray Player - with dual HDMI outputs

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Whatever58, thank you for taking the time to provide detailed feedback on the UB420 player.

Steve Basked

Hi, I just bought this and am loving the 4K upscaling improvement its made on my DVD collection. How can I make the remote operate my non Panasonic TV?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Steve, Please contact our customer service team on 132600 and they will assist you with your inquiry.

Aimeeasked

I just bought it and am quite dismayed that it does not resume playing where I left off. I cannot find any setting for this. Am I missing something?

ehmert

Not all Blu-ray discs support resume play apparently. The reasons are bit technical for me.

Stephen D.
Stephen D.

I think you have to enable quick start in the settings. When i turned this on it resumed where i left off.

Aimee

I just tried another blu-ray disc and it does resume. So must be the GOT discs issue.

Peter S.asked

Hi - does anybody know please if the Panasonic DP-UB420 will play DVDs from all Regions?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Peter, this can be done, you will need to have this done by a service centre. Please contact our customer service team on 132600 for further assistance.

Peter S.

Many thanks for your reply! Cheers....Peter

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives

CategoryBlu-Ray & DVD Players