Pflueger Trion

Pflueger Trion

See the Best Fishing in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

pflueger rod snapped

Yes mine snapped as well. I pulled some line through and it snapped 40cm from the tip, purchased mine through Rays 13 month previously and had only used it on two or three occasions. I called Rays and was told they would get someone to call me back, this was two weeks ago..still waiting.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Unbelieveable performance untill it they snap.

I had used a friend of mines pflueger for over 6 months and went out and purchased my own.

They are the most comfortable and most versatile rod I have come across. They perform exceptional with both lure / bait fishing. However In the past 2 months I have snapped 2 of them.
First snapped was from hooking up to a barely legal, 'king gorge whiting' certainly not putting the rod any excess stress, snap!
Secondly, pulling excess braid out to tie leader, rod had very slight bend in it, snap!
I have never witnessed rod snapping from such easy and non-strenuous conditions in my life. Perhaps I purchased 2 dud rods? All I know is I will not be purchasing another pflueger
I have alot of experience using much lighter rods and never have I seen this kind of weakness in any similar circumstance.
Durable, Price, Suits both lure and bait application, Weight, appearance.
Weak product

Wondering if your high sticking the rod - easy to do and causes tips to snap.

Barra Specialist - perfect HD bait cast rod!

I recently found that my trusty Shakespere Ugly Stick Gold 4-8Kg bait-cast rod couldn't handle the demands that constant casting of larger lures like large deep diving Mad Mullet lures require. I found that my styles and needs for that rod were left behind many years ago with old technology and building techniques.

I went to a open night at BCF and found that their Pflueger Trion's were on sale and I realised that the Barra Specialist was stout and strong enough to use with a old tech but highly reliable and long casting Ambassadeur 6500C3 running 30lb line.

I got the rod and matched it to the reel and started fishing with the set straight away casting Mad Mullets and some Sebeils with great ease and accuracy - which isnt easy with a matched rod and reel on the first outing.

Again - beautifully made rod at such a cheap and affordable price that isnt asking too much however Pflueger's giving it all to the quality outcome with their product!

So now I have 5 Ugly Sticks and 5 Pflueger Trions - Shimano and Daiwa arent making any inroads.
Crisp strong action, Fuji Alconite guides, Fuji reel seat, nice cork grips - beautifully finished rod in all respects!

The review is for the rod model in specific - the Pflueger Trion 'Barra Specialist' 5'10" 1pc (PFLT-CA511H).