Philips Avent 4 in 1 Electric Steam SCF287/02

Philips Avent 4 in 1 Electric Steam SCF287/02

1.6

Chrissie

ChrissieSydney, NSW

Terrible product - no help from company

Extremely disappointed. We switched it on to sterilise one night and woke up the next day and it was still sterilising. It is suppose to automatically turn off after about 7 minutes as it has done so since we started using it. We contacted the company and they refused to help without a receipt (it was a gift), and then proceeded to tell us that this model does not turn off automatically, even though it has done so since we started using it. No help was given at all.

Seda

SedaSydney, NSW

Fast, quiet & reliable.

I love how the 4-1 can be configured depending on what you are sterilising, especially when you just need to be teats or dummies so you can use to top half only. It’s pretty spacious so you can sterilise multiple things including my breast pump parts. I also love the dishwasher basket all the little fiddly bits can go straight out of the dishwasher and into the sterlizer.

It also quick so when you urgently need a bottle it’s ready in under 10 mins.
It fits into our kitchen bench top and so simple to descale & clean.
We haven’t had any issues with it & use it probably 2-3 times a day.

Purchased in January 2020 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

OGmum

OGmumPerth

Awful burnt smell has ruined bottles, baby doesnt want to feed!

Purchased for $129.00.

Baby Food Makers

Find out how Philips Avent 4 in 1 Electric Steam SCF287/02 compares to other Baby Food Makers

AhsanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible product! 4th replacement unit just stopped working

Purchased at Toys R Us / Babies R Us Physical store.

MollyjHendricks

MollyjHendricksmelbourne

Amazing product!

This product was a godsend with a newborn! I could do bottles, dummies, bread pump attachments and anything else all in one! It fit everything and never skipped a beat!

I got it in an avent naturals bundle from baby bunting and every product was amazing! All packed away ready for the next baby!

Purchased in October 2017 at Baby Bunting for $250.00.

Natasha

NatashaMelbourne

Terrible product and even worse customer service

Purchased in June 2018.

Michelle D.Philips Avent

Essie

Essie

Melting plastic smell stains everything ! Stay away

I purchased this steriliser only 2-3months ago and only really use it to sterilise my glass bottles however upon using it only a handful of times I have started to notice this strange plasticy smell that stained everything.
I took it back to baby bunting where i purchased it and basically told me that even phillips have given up on this item and is launching another one! I am horrified that this is a product that is sold for babies. Definitely unhealthy and I strongly dont recommend it. I have no interest in exposing my baby to a chemical release!!
Stay away !

Purchased in February 2019 at Baby bunting for $179.00.

not reliable

today will be third time going to return the sterilizer and my baby is only 4.5 months old. This product is poor quality and keeps breaking - does not switch on in my case so I have no choice but to exchange every time. Very frustrating and time-consuming. I would not recommend this product, a very disappointing experience.

RabzSydney

Terrible product

I have used this product for my 4 month old son and it has broken down 3 times. I have called customer service for the last time and they said that I should opt for the 3 in 1 instead, so I returned my faulty base and was sent back the same 4 in 1 sterilizer. I'm too scared to use this as I know it'll break down again and don't want to send it back as I have wasted time and money for nothing. The customer service representative said she will also send some gifts for my troubles but nothing. Don't buy unless you enjoy wasting time and money.

Rabz

Yes I have many times and they always tell me the same thing, to send it back and get it replaced.

Charanjeet

CharanjeetMelbourne

Got 6 replacement unit and still not sure whether it will last for more than a week

Avent 4-in-1 was given to us as a Gift in Feb 2016. Within 3 months, the unit stopped working. We got the replacement unit and from there we have already got 5 or 6 replacement units but none of the replacement unit has worked for more than a week. The last replacement unit I had worked only 2 nights. Though I have got the another replacement unit but I am uncertain whether it will last a week or month. What will happen once my warranty is expired. Customer service is pretty fine but the product is not.

ouicheri

ouicheriAU

absolute junk! don't bother

Terrible product quality and extremely poor design. The plate at the bottom burns after every steam cycle. Only had the product for two weeks and the warmer plate is already black/brown. Impossible to clean, tried cleaning it with vinegar but does not help. Will need to throw out and buy another brand that actually works as intended.

February 9th 2018 Update: just useless

Product does not work as intended. Only had it for two weeks and its been a nightmare to clean. Used filtered water and tried cleaning with vinegar after every use. As of today, it completely stopped working!!! Will need to pack everything up and return to baby kingdom - not easy to organise with a newborn! thanks Phillips

Stop working after 2month

I received this brand new 4 in 1 steriliser as baby shower present, it works well on the first 2months but today it just stopped workink. I dont have the receipt cos it’s a present, I have got the warrenty card but it saids I need the purchased proof! What should I do now ? It’s only 2 month , my friend said she bought it from toys r Us .....

Yvaine
Yvaine

thx guys~I have contacted the service team and will post the base to them for a replacement :) Will see how it goes after that.

Philips S.Philips Avent

We're glad to hear that our colleagues are arranging a replacement for you, Yvaine. Thank you for the update and enjoy your weekend!

objectivist8

objectivist8Perth, WA

Philips is junk - failed within days.

Jon G

Jon GSydney

Very bad product - avoid at all cost.

Same bad experience as the all the other reviews on here. After using 3 times a brown stain appeared on the element and all of my week old babies stuff smells of burning. Can't use it. Irrelevant of local water quality this is not acceptable for a Phillips product. I know the advice is to clean with vinegar but try doing that every time at 3.30am with an angry newborn screaming at you. Would love to get my $179 back. May as well throw it in the bin.

clh

clhredbank plains

Stopped Working and store wont replace!!

I purchased this product 31/03/17 and used it for the first time in June. It has now stopped working. I went to turn it on and it doesn't work. We rang the store up we purchased it from and they cant replace until it has been sent off etc....Now we are without a steriliser and we use this for convenience so it goes on at night, so I can get up and express at during the night and day so we can feed our son and now we have to boil and dry and store. So my nights are going to be a lot longer when I am already getting minimal sleep with a newborn. Looking at this page everyone seems to have the same problem.

Namita

NamitaSydney

Not reliable

I , also, have issues with this 4 in 1 full kit steriliser. The on/ off button does not work even though you press it hard. Either you have to hold it for 6 minutes or have to get it replaced

Only used it for 2 months on occasions. And shocked to see the on/ off button does not work. Paid high price for it. Looking forward to get it replaced

StanSydney, NSW

Very unreliable, our 4th one replaced under warranty just broke today! :(

Virginia

VirginiaHampton

Good if it would stop breaking

We're on our way to Baby Bunting at the moment to replace our steriliser for the second time in 5 months. It randomly stopped working (again) yesterday. Very disappointing and frustrating.

Other than that, I am happy with the unit. When it works it is very convenient. Seems like a lot of people have the same issue.

Ad

As if having a baby wasn't hard enough.

I purchased this bottle steriliser and just about to package it back up and send it back to Phillips advent for replacement. For some reason even though I have followed the instructions it stopped working for the fourth time.. yes the fourth time. These units are absolute garbage.. please email me if you need proof..
Mums shop somewhere else .. steer clear of this item not worth the stress of being without a steriliser for the 4:-5 day period it takes to replace...

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hello Suz, that doesn't sound good and we like to see how we can help. Please contact our Avent team here: http://www.philips.com.au/c-w/support-home/support-contact-page.html for further assistance.

MylenePerth, WA

Disappointed

I have had my Avent 3 in 1 steriliser for less than 10 weeks and it stopped working all of a sudden today. It was working fine this afternoon but now the light does not come on and it's not sterilising. Not sure what to do and what is wrong with it. Quite disappointed that it's stopped working after only 10 weeks or less! Expected more out of a Philips Avent product.

Mylene

Finally got my swap. Thanks Avent for the quick follow up over the phone.

Shazzie

Shazzieasked

Hi, I have the 4 in 1 and the bottom of the bottle holder has brown rusty stain on it which cant be removed by detergent. I also found brown particles on bubby's bottles.. I tried descaling and the brown stain is still there, embedded in between the holes in the white bottle holder. Can I claim a replacement under warranty? I bought this at babybunting in around June July 2018.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Shazzie, we regret to hear that descaling did not remove the scale that has built up on your Avent 4-in-1 steriliser. Our colleagues would like to see how they can be of assistance. It would be great if you could give them a call at 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand), so they can look into this further. Thank you in advance!

Ashley T

Ashley Tasked

Hi there, my steriliser has stopped working (no lights when turned on) after 5 weeks of usage. Can you please advise how best to resolve this?

Many thanks.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Ashley, thank you for getting in touch. How strange that your Avent steriliser will no longer work after only 5 weeks of use. Of course, that's not the experience we want you to have with our products. Have you perhaps already tried a different outlet? If that does not make a difference, it would be great if you could give our product specialists a call at 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand), so they can see how they can be of assistance. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Jacqui

Jacquiasked

Hi! I have been using the 3 in 1 steriliser and it’s great, I have been rescaling it regularly and the heating plate appears clean... however when I lifted the base to move it some green/brown water came out of the bottom?! What is this?

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hello Jacqui, thanks for asking. We advise you to call our colleagues on the below number for further assistance:

Call us 1300 363 391