Amazing product!

This product was a godsend with a newborn! I could do bottles, dummies, bread pump attachments and anything else all in one! It fit everything and never skipped a beat!

I got it in an avent naturals bundle from baby bunting and every product was amazing! All packed away ready for the next baby!

Purchased in October 2017 at Baby Bunting for $250.00.

Terrible product and even worse customer service

Purchased this product mid last year and has all of a sudden stopped working. Very annoying considering I need to use this on a daily basis. Called Philips and received awful customer service. Advised they have no stock to replace the product and cannot even advise when new stock will be in. They went on to tell me that I have to make it to the retail store in business hours so I can be there when the retailer calls them directly!! Bit hard for a working full time mum! To make it worse Philips/retailer will only refund me a partial amount of what they RRP is (due to it being bought in a set) so I am now out of pocket to buy a new one!!! The icing on the cake was when I lodged a complaint with their customer service (per their website) and received an email back from their customer service letting me know I had the wrong department and to contact the baby product section. Complete waste of time and totally unimpressed with the lack of care and assistance. Thanks for nothing!

Purchased in June 2018.

Hello Natasha. Thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear about the difficulties that you have experienced and we can imagine the disappointment. This is not the kind of customer service that we would like to see and we like to get in touch and see if there is still something that we can do for you. We will send you a private message asking for your contact details. This way we can connect you with our colleagues directly to look into this further. We hope to hear from you soon. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Melting plastic smell stains everything ! Stay away

I purchased this steriliser only 2-3months ago and only really use it to sterilise my glass bottles however upon using it only a handful of times I have started to notice this strange plasticy smell that stained everything.
I took it back to baby bunting where i purchased it and basically told me that even phillips have given up on this item and is launching another one! I am horrified that this is a product that is sold for babies. Definitely unhealthy and I strongly dont recommend it. I have no interest in exposing my baby to a chemical release!!
Stay away !

Purchased in February 2019 at Baby bunting for $179.00.

Hi there, thanks for your honest review. We regret hearing that you did not have the best of experiences with the device, though. Of course, that's not supposed to happen, so we'd like to recommend you to get in touch with the product specialists via 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ). They will be able to have a close look into it and see what they can do to help. We hope the matter will be resolved shortly! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

not reliable

today will be third time going to return the sterilizer and my baby is only 4.5 months old. This product is poor quality and keeps breaking - does not switch on in my case so I have no choice but to exchange every time. Very frustrating and time-consuming. I would not recommend this product, a very disappointing experience.

Hi there, Thank you for leaving a review for us here. We're sorry to hear that your sterilizer has stopped working. We suggest contacting our product team directly if you have not done so already. They can be reached via 1300 363 391 for Australia or 0800 658 224 for New-Zealand. Could you let us know if you have contacted them? We would otherwise like to send you a private message asking for your contact details so our product specialists can get in touch with you directly. Please let us know if you have been in contact with our colleagues or not. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Terrible product

I have used this product for my 4 month old son and it has broken down 3 times. I have called customer service for the last time and they said that I should opt for the 3 in 1 instead, so I returned my faulty base and was sent back the same 4 in 1 sterilizer. I'm too scared to use this as I know it'll break down again and don't want to send it back as I have wasted time and money for nothing. The customer service representative said she will also send some gifts for my troubles but nothing. Don't buy unless you enjoy wasting time and money.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, Rabz. We regret reading that you've had such bad luck with your 4-in-1 sterilizer, and we would like to take a closer look at the situation. Could you tell us if you called the following number to contact our sevice center: 1300 363 391? If this is the case, we would like to send you a Private Message in order to acquire your contact details, so that we can reach out to our product specialists. Hope to hear from you soon. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamYes I have many times and they always tell me the same thing, to send it back and get it replaced.Hi Rabz, thank you for your response. We will now send you a private message in which we will ask for your contact details. Once we've received these, we will ask our specialists to get in touch with you directly regarding your experience with the 4-in-1 sterilizer. We're hoping to hear from you soon. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Got 6 replacement unit and still not sure whether it will last for more than a week

Avent 4-in-1 was given to us as a Gift in Feb 2016. Within 3 months, the unit stopped working. We got the replacement unit and from there we have already got 5 or 6 replacement units but none of the replacement unit has worked for more than a week. The last replacement unit I had worked only 2 nights. Though I have got the another replacement unit but I am uncertain whether it will last a week or month. What will happen once my warranty is expired. Customer service is pretty fine but the product is not.

Hi Charanjeet, thank you for sharing your experiences. We'd like to get in touch with you to find out more about the recurring issue with your steam sterilizer. Therefore, we'll send you a Private message, asking for contact details. Thanks in advance for getting back to us. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

absolute junk! don't bother

Terrible product quality and extremely poor design. The plate at the bottom burns after every steam cycle. Only had the product for two weeks and the warmer plate is already black/brown. Impossible to clean, tried cleaning it with vinegar but does not help. Will need to throw out and buy another brand that actually works as intended.

February 9th 2018 Update: just useless

Product does not work as intended. Only had it for two weeks and its been a nightmare to clean. Used filtered water and tried cleaning with vinegar after every use. As of today, it completely stopped working!!! Will need to pack everything up and return to baby kingdom - not easy to organise with a newborn! thanks Phillips

Hi there, we're sorry to hear you are experiencing so many trouble with your brand new sterilizer. We can imagine that's not what you expected when purchasing this unit. That's why we would like to see how we could help you best with the issues. Could you, therefore reach out to us by phone? You can reach us at 1300 363 391 for Australia or 0800 658 224 for New-Zealand. We hope to fix this. Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Stop working after 2month

I received this brand new 4 in 1 steriliser as baby shower present, it works well on the first 2months but today it just stopped workink. I dont have the receipt cos it’s a present, I have got the warrenty card but it saids I need the purchased proof! What should I do now ? It’s only 2 month , my friend said she bought it from toys r Us .....

Hi Yvaine, Thank you for your review and sorry to hear the steriliser stopped working after just 2 months. We suggest contacting our product team directly to see what the options are without the receipt. They can be reached via 1300 363 391 for Australia or 0800 658 224 for New-Zealand. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Teamthx guys~I have contacted the service team and will post the base to them for a replacement :) Will see how it goes after that.We're glad to hear that our colleagues are arranging a replacement for you, Yvaine. Thank you for the update and enjoy your weekend! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Philips is junk - failed within days.

We have a newborn and after the 3rd or 4th use it stopped working. We used distilled water every single time and dried everything after each use. We followed the instructions to the letter.

Babies'R'Us just replaced the unit without fuss however it is a huge inconvenience getting out of the house with a newborn, especially when we had to package up all the other items that came with it (we bought this in a pack including a warmer, bottles, etc.).

Given every other review here is stating the same issue, we now assume it will be breaking down continuously - just what we need.

It is funny - after it stopped working we were thinking about what other appliances we have had fail over the years. In almost 20 years we have only had this and a Philips iron fail (days after the 2 year warranty expired). Lesson learned, Philips is cheap junk.

Dear customer, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review here. We're sorry to hear your electric steamer has stopped so early on. We can understand this isn't what you expected. It's good you've already managed to replace it. If you're facing any other problems with your current steamer, don't hesitate to reach out to us. You can call us at 1300 363 391 Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Very bad product - avoid at all cost.

Same bad experience as the all the other reviews on here. After using 3 times a brown stain appeared on the element and all of my week old babies stuff smells of burning. Can't use it. Irrelevant of local water quality this is not acceptable for a Phillips product. I know the advice is to clean with vinegar but try doing that every time at 3.30am with an angry newborn screaming at you. Would love to get my $179 back. May as well throw it in the bin.

Stopped Working and store wont replace!!

I purchased this product 31/03/17 and used it for the first time in June. It has now stopped working. I went to turn it on and it doesn't work. We rang the store up we purchased it from and they cant replace until it has been sent off etc....Now we are without a steriliser and we use this for convenience so it goes on at night, so I can get up and express at during the night and day so we can feed our son and now we have to boil and dry and store. So my nights are going to be a lot longer when I am already getting minimal sleep with a newborn. Looking at this page everyone seems to have the same problem.

Hello, we're sorry to hear about the difficulties that you have experienced. We like to get in touch and see if we can help you. Please call us on: 1300 363 391 Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Not reliable

I , also, have issues with this 4 in 1 full kit steriliser. The on/ off button does not work even though you press it hard. Either you have to hold it for 6 minutes or have to get it replaced

Only used it for 2 months on occasions. And shocked to see the on/ off button does not work. Paid high price for it. Looking forward to get it replaced

Hi there, Thanks for reviewing the steriliser. We're sorry to hear of the inconvenient experience you've had with the appliance. This is far from ideal, of course. It'd be great if you could call us at 1300 363 391, as we'd like to see if there's any way to solve this matter. Hope to hear from you soon. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Very unreliable, our 4th one replaced under warranty just broke today! :(

Whilst I appreciate Philips is being responsible and replacing these under warranty, I think having to replace anything at all would be an inconvenience for any end user. We are currently up to our 4th one which literally just broke again (after replacing our 3rd one exactly this time last month). It does get to a point where it is simply ridiculous and I am certain this is costing Philips a lot of money, and wasting a lot of the customer's time.

Replacement history:
1) Bought 10/02/2016 (before baby was born) - Only unboxed and started using 06/05/2016 after baby was born.
2) Above unit Broke 15/07/2016, replaced on 19/07/2016 over counter at Toys R Us.
3) Above replacement broke 03/05/2017, replaced 04/05/2017 at Avent's warehouse at Berowa Waters
4) Above replacement broke 08/06/2017, replaced 09/06/2017 at Avent's warehouse at Berowa Waters
5) Above replacement broke today. Will need replacement again.

Philips, if you're reading this, please, all we're asking for is something that doesn't actually break on its own. I have asked myself many times whether this is a user error. We never fill it past the "Max" line (in fact, the MAX line is above the stainless steel tray, we fill it up to just the brim of the tray in case it leaks into the silicone seal around it). We dry it after we use it. The unit has a dedicated place on the shelf, it doesn't even get moved so that'll rule out bumping it, the unit has ONE switch... it's either ON or OFF. There are no touch screens or any fancy IC's to break. And we only ever fill it with demineralised/distilled water. I honestly don't know what else I can do as a consumer to "care" for this product. We do however use the unit up to daily (on average, once every 2 days). But on our last replacement, the Philips Avent lady did say to us that's what she'd consider as perfectly normal usage and not excessive. We can't even refund this either as it is part of a full package set of bottles etc and those are working fine.

Honestly, if there is a more robust version of this which doesn't break, can we please just have that instead of becoming regulars at the warehouse almost every month replacing the same thing. It does get tiring after a while :(

Hi Stan, Thank you for sharing your well-elaborated review. We understand that it can be very tiring if you're running into trouble with the steriliser so often. It's great to hear that you're taking good care of the product, too bad it doesn't help in preventing the issues, though. It sounds like you have bad luck considering the steriliser. We've been in touch with our product specialists, and they would like to get in direct touch with you to get to the bottom of this. We'll send you a private message shortly, in which we'll ask you for your contact details so the team will be able to reach out to you. We're hoping to be in touch there! Keep an eye out for our message. :-) Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamTwo years have passed, I'm now onto my second child. The 5th replacement that we got basically got taken out of it's box this month to sterilize the bottles for our newborn.. fingers crossed it works well... And sure enough, within 2 weeks, the brand new unopened 5th replacement also promptly stopped working... Power switch does nothing, the unit simply doesn't respond anymore. By this point I figured we're well out of warranty - obviously, and by this stage anyone would be curious as to what the heck is going on with these devices. So I decided to take a screwdriver and open it (yes I know my non-existant warranty is now void as a result of that) A simple multimeter quickly found the culprit was between the power cable and the power switch. Turns out there is a Thermofuse in-line, shrink-wrapped and pressed against the bottom of the hot plate. An AUPO BF192 Thermofuse to be precise. A quick Google found the spec sheet to this little unit, designed to trip at 192°c... And it's not a self-resetting type. So now that I know that, I can begin to piece together why previous units failed! The steriliser has a generous top and bottom basket, we normally fill them up with bottles/teats/caps/pump cups etc... During operation, the combined surface of all these items were enough to deplete the reservoir of water, resulting in the hot plate going dry and therefore heating itself beyond 192°c, tripping the fuse, end of product. So that was all it was! A $200+ product, defeated by a fuse that retails at 36¢ each.. hindsight is fantastic... It obviously means I can now replace the fuse, and it'll cost me $1.80 shipped from China since they sell those in packs of 5.... And contrary to the instructions on the unit, the correct use for us would be to actually fill the water PAST the "max" line, so then when all the steam have coated our bottles, there is still sufficient water on the hot plate to keep the hot plate cool enough to not trip the next fuse, and would also address others' reports of their hot plates going brown! Cos the poor thing is literally cooking itself to death when there's no more water left!!! It's a shame it took a customer to find this, I'm not a professional engineer, I expected Philips to have their own and to have actually tested this. Anyway, with that information, this final unit shall hopefully last us a little longer. I hope this feedback have been useful to Philips and perhaps your engineers can verify what I'm saying and you can in turn provide an addendum to the user's guides. The unit itself is otherwise well designed, upon opening it, I found the wiring to be well insulated and so it's not likely to be damaged from water ingress. It's just a shame that we didn't know upfront we'd have to flood it with a lot more water for it to survive.

Good if it would stop breaking

We're on our way to Baby Bunting at the moment to replace our steriliser for the second time in 5 months. It randomly stopped working (again) yesterday. Very disappointing and frustrating.

Other than that, I am happy with the unit. When it works it is very convenient. Seems like a lot of people have the same issue.

Hi Virginia, We're sad to see you've been having such trouble with the Steriliser, but it's good to see you're happy with it when it works as it should. If you like us to help, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer care colleagues on 1300 363 391if you're in Australia, or 0800 658 224 for New Zealand. They're always happy to assist. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

As if having a baby wasn't hard enough.

I purchased this bottle steriliser and just about to package it back up and send it back to Phillips advent for replacement. For some reason even though I have followed the instructions it stopped working for the fourth time.. yes the fourth time. These units are absolute garbage.. please email me if you need proof..
Mums shop somewhere else .. steer clear of this item not worth the stress of being without a steriliser for the 4:-5 day period it takes to replace...

Hello Suz, that doesn't sound good and we like to see how we can help. Please contact our Avent team here: http://www.philips.com.au/c-w/support-home/support-contact-page.html for further assistance. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Disappointed

I have had my Avent 3 in 1 steriliser for less than 10 weeks and it stopped working all of a sudden today. It was working fine this afternoon but now the light does not come on and it's not sterilising. Not sure what to do and what is wrong with it. Quite disappointed that it's stopped working after only 10 weeks or less! Expected more out of a Philips Avent product.

Hello Mylene, We can imagine your disappointment! Thanks for reaching out to us and making us aware of what happened. Please do'n't give up on us just yet though! Would you mind giving us a call at 1300 363 391? Our Avent team there will be able to help out. It would be best if you can share the serial number with them as well, which you can find at the bottom of the device. We hope that you will give them a call, Mylene. Kind regards, The Philips Australia teamThanks. Unfortunately you guys are closed on weekends. So I returned my steriliser to Baby Bunting (where I bought it) on Saturday and they said that they had to keep it til they got in touch with the Avent team as well before proceeding with any exchanges or repairs etc. So I went the whole weekend with no steriliser which was a major inconvenience and still waiting now to get a steriliser back.Finally got my swap. Thanks Avent for the quick follow up over the phone.

faulty steriliser

My baby is 9 days old and already I have had to change my steriliser twice
The metal part seems to smell burnt and has discoloured
I have followed all instructions drying the bottom correct water level ect
It has been very frustrating trying to find a replacement late at night but also not knowing if this could be a health hazard
The unit is also meant to switch itself off but sometimes won't

Hi Shony, If you see white or brown spots on the appliance (heating element in the base, baskets, lid) or on your sterilised items this means scale has built up there. This is normal, harmless to health and occurs more quickly in hard water areas. Have you tried to descale the appliance? We would advise to do so. Kind regards, The Philips Australia teamThe first one was actually rusty coloured not white and the second started to go the same I don't feel anything rusty that smells like it's burning could possibly be anything but unhealthy Yes I had descaled it didn't workIt's obvious that your steriliserunit has an issue therefore could be unsafe I mentioned in my previous feedback that I had followed all directions yet we still have the same problem Can you explain why this is still happening or guaranty it is still safe to use

Suddenly stop working

Our steam sterilizer suddenly stopped working... the On and off button doesn't have a light so we thought maybe only the light part is the only one not working so we still tried to check but the whole thing did not work to think that is new, we only used it for 3 weeks..

Hi Carrie, We agree that that's a bit soon for the product to stop working. We'd recommend to contact our call centre at 1300 363 391 for further asssistance. Our colleagues may be able to troubleshoot the issue step by step through phone or otherwise help you with other resolutions. Kind regards. The Philips Australia team

It stopped working

Suddenly my avent 4 in 1 steriliser stopped working for the second times, no light no steam its just dead... bought it from Amazon. The product lasted for 10 weeks the first time and 8 weeks the second time. Not at all happy. Its no point spending money on this.
Similar opinion?

Hi Cali, How unfortunate. We can imagine that you did not expect this to happen. We would recommend to contact our call centre at 1300 363 391 for further assistance. They may be able to help out with this issue. Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

DO NOT BUY THIS!!

Our baby is 3 months old and we are already on our THIRD Avent steamer. The button on the base has stopped working within a couple of weeks after each replacement, which means that you have to manually hold it down while it is steaming. This makes it incredibly dangerous to use as it gets very hot.

I have no faith that any replacement will work longer than the previous ones. However, since we need a steriliser, we will reluctantly have to waste yet another Saturday driving to the store to have it replaced.

Hey Ellie, So sorry to hear you're not really satisfied with your Avent steam sterilizer. We'd like to get in touch with you about this. Could you please send us your e-mail address and phone number in a private message? Thanks in advance. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team