Philips Avent Electric Bottle Warmer SCF355/00

Philips Avent Electric Bottle Warmer SCF355/00

Works well but no timer

Pros: Easy to use, simple design, afforable, does what it should do and fits most bottles

Cons: There's no timer, so most of the time the milk would overheat and I'd need cool it down again which takes a fair while to do. Takes a while for milk to heat up as well

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to share your review about the Avent bottle warmer here. Your feedback is very useful for us, so we appreciate it! Many thanks again, and all the best for you and your baby. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Does what's intended

I was hoping for something with a timer, so when I found it didn't have one i was a little disappointed but I understand why there isn't one.. I just use our kitchen timer instead. It works reasonably well only that i had to spend a couple of hours experimenting with different bottles and different temp water that goes in the bottle warmer to figure out my own time table.. with full bottles it takes 1 and a half mins longer then indicated, 2 mins longer for small bottles and an extra minute on top of those times if you use cold tap water in bottle warmer rather then room temp. But now I've figured that out I'm a lot more content with my purchase, it's just a bit disappointing that I needed to spend time figuring it out.

Hi ElRose, thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're glad to hear that after some time using the product you've found a way of using it that works for you. :) If you ever do need our help though, don't hesitate to reach out through 1300 363 391 or through social media. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Not necessary but you can buy if you want.

I got this with my steamer and bottles in the starter package. This is no difference if you put the breast milk or formula bottle in another hot water cup to reheat. The hot water cup may work even faster. However this one is safe and it makes sure the temperature is good for the baby to drink.

Not fit for purpose

I understand that it's probably not easy to warm bottled milk to a specific temperature (different starting temperatures, amounts, bottle types etc.) but this product doesn't even try. If you follow the instructions to the letter, it's still a lucky dip. For us, it was mostly overheating the milk to 60+ degrees.

Not what you'd expect for the asking price. My advice, bowl of hot water.

I did contact the manufacturer via Baby Bunting but was told that, yes, it will overheat milk but that it was working as it should. This just means poor design doesn't it? Terrible service (not from Baby Bunting, they were awesome).

Hi there, Bill. Thank you for writing down your experience with the Avent Electric Bottle Warmer. We're sorry to hear you find it not fit for purpose. It's good to hear that you've already contacted us, however, terrible service is exactly the opposite of what we stand for. We're sorry to hear you've had this experience. It's a bit hard to help from here since we're not entirely sure what kind of bottles and how much milk you're warming, as like you said there's quite a few components to take into account. However, please know that we're still available to look into this further to see how we can help. You can always contact us on Facebook or Twitter (@PhilipsCare), where we're available 24/7. Alternatively, you can call us on: 1300 363 391. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

terrible waste

does not have a timer so no point buying this product. It will not stop when bottles are warm and will keep burning the bottles. i have to wait for ages for bottles to cool. Just hopeless! Now need to use a seperate timer when using this warmer. Another useless product by Phillips Avent with no thought given to product design and actual use. Unfortunately I bought a pack with bottles, steriliser, warmer etc. very disappointed and feel ripped off.

Hi Ouicheri, thank you for your feedback and honest words. We don't like to hear the lack of a timer on the appliance makes the sterilizer hard to use for you and we will forward this information to our product team. Again thank you for the review and if anything else might bother you with the sterilizer we hope to hear as this is valuable information for our development team. Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Biggest waste of money

I used this for a day and went back to using my kettle and a jug to heat my bottles which takes less time and is more convenient than this waste of space!!!
I cant believe this cost me $72.99 and doesnt even have a timer or show the temperature you're heating the water to.
Im so angry i bought this!!

Ok

The Avent bottle warmer is good for warming bottles only thing is the bottle floats at times and it really needs a timer as if you forget then the milk is too hot I don't know why they just didn't add a timer then It would be close to perfect

Hey Ree, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the Avent bottle warmer. We appreciate your feedback and suggestion of a timer. If you have any other questions or comments, don't hesitate to reach out. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

4 stars only because timer is not included.

The bottle warmer is pretty useful. When I've stored my boiled water in the fridge i have set it to 6 minutes to warm and within that 6 minutes I'm changing my babys nappy to distract her. The bottle is just the right temperature and I have complaints other than the fact I need to use my phone timer instead.

Great to hear that the bottle warmer's useful to you, Casey. And what a good way to distract your baby whilst her food is being prepared! :-) As for the timer: thanks for sharing this feedback with us. We'll make sure to forward it to the relevant department. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Disappointing product.

Disappointed in this product because it's so inconsistent with its heating. You never know if the milk will be hot, warm or cold even though it's in it for the same amount of time.

Not suitable for small amounts of milk because the bottle just floats.

The worst part is there is no built in timer and no automatic turn off incase you leave it on. I would have thought these would be built in features given most parents are exhausted and may leave it on in the middle of the night. Not having a timer or it is just plain stupid.

It's unfortunate that I didn't know the features that one of these should have until after I started using it. I would not buy this product again.

Hi Ree. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our bottle warmer, it is much appreciated. Please know that exact times of heating a bottle depend on several factors like the starting temperature and volume of the water or milk, if the bottle is made out of glass or plastic and size of bottle. We're constantly trying to improve our products and appreciate the feedback you've given. If you prefer a bottle warmer that shuts off automatically, you might be interested in the SCF356. This bottle warmer has a sensor tracker and an indicator to let you know when the milk is a certain temperature, and will shut off automatically once this temperature is reached. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Not what you expect, not at all

Philips neatly rejected this review on their website, oh well, here we are, model SCF355/00:
"I can't believe all the positive reviews [on Philips website] are from people who received it "for free in exchange for a review". Well, here I am, purchased it with my own money and I think a pot with hot water does a better job for free! Where do I start? We're in 2017. The product costs $90 here in Australia. And for that: - No thermostat. What a joke! - No timer. - No auto shut-down. - No real keep warm function - this is not "keep warm", it's "if you're lucky you get the right temperature". This product is supposed to be aimed at a busy mum who is sleep deprived, forgetful and has a screaming baby on her shoulder - that's what the images of the product imply. In reality you get a product that is simply unsafe as it doesn't shut down (obviously a situation when you get up at night, warm the bottle but the baby decides not to wake up - and you go back to sleep forgetting to turn the warmer off - will it simply overheat and break / start a fire?); a product that you need to use together with a timer - oh wow, so there's another "must have" in order to simply warm up the bottle!; a product that doesn't live up to the times stated - perhaps my house was 22 or 23 degrees, but the full 120ml bottle got hot within 2 minutes - so how do I do the math to calculate the time? By constant checking? With a baby in my hands? To be honest both my husband and I couldn't believe it was that bad, we though we missed something in the instruction manual and read it several times. No, we didn't. It's how Philips intended it - unbelievable! A very disappointing product indeed."

Hello Maria, Thanks for reaching out to us here on Product Review. We regret to hear that you were not entirely happy with the functionalities of this bottle warmer. Although we do appreciate your honest feedback about it. That’s very useful feedback for our development team as well as for our other potential customers. The bottle warmer should is safe to use at all times. Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

Why does it take less time to warm a 4oz bottle versus a 3oz bottle? It seems the warming times are reversed.
Hi there Kristine, thanks for your message. That's an interesting question you've got there. Are the bottles you've used of the same material? It does sound odd indeed. We hope to hear more soon. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamThe times are recommended in the manual. It doesn't specify bottle material and just show the fluid amounts.Hi again, Kristine. The times depend on several factors like the starting temperature and volume of the water or milk, if the bottle is made out of glass or plastic. That last part is the reason why we asked if the different bottles you were using are of the same material. :) Let us know if this solves the mystery. ;) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Hi, do i need to change/put water everytime i use the warmer? Or can i just pour water once to the warmer and leave it there till next use?
You can use the same water, change it if milk gets into the water, other than that you can leave it there for a couple uses. The product does look cleaner and lasts longer if you empty it every time though i noticedHi there. We recommend to empty it after every use and wipe it down with a damp cloth for hygienic reasons. This way you'll also have less scale buildup, making it easier to maintain the bottle warmer. We hope this answers your question. :-) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Similar listings