Philips Avent Microwave Steam

21 questions from our users

CinD

CinDasked

Microwave Steam

How do I store my bottles and teats after sterilizing? I left it on the drying rack but there's still moisture in everything (everything evaporates nicely when I boil though).

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi CinD, thanks for reaching out. It is recommended that you do not leave a feeding nipple or AirFree vent insert in direct sunlight or heat. Also never leave in disinfectant for longer than recommended, as this may weaken the parts. Keep all parts dry in a covered container. You can find more information here: https://philips.to/2TbYEoF

If you have any further questions, we’re available 24/7 on Facebook (https://philips.to/fb247) and Twitter (https://philips.to/tw247). You can also reach us on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ).

Sally S.

Sally S.asked

Microwave Steam

The cover melted as i accidentally pressed on grill in the microwave
Can i still use it to sterilizer? Is it safe or shall i get rid of the lid?

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Sally, thanks for reaching out to us here. We're sorry to hear the cover of your Avent Microwave Steam has melted. We'd recommend putting it aside for the time being until our product specialists have had a look for you. You can reach them directly at 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand). They'll be happy to look into it for you, and will guide you through the whole process. If you have any further questions, just let us know.

Louise

Louiseasked

Microwave Steam

My bottles and microwave steriliser have not been used for 7 years. Will it all be ok to use for my second child?

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hello Louise, thank you for the question. We recommend you to contact our product team, to get the best possible answer. You could reach them through: 1300 363 391 for Australia and 0800 658 224 for New Zealand. They're available from Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. We hope that this information will help you!

Antoinette

Antoinetteasked

Can I pls check if this holds Pigeon bottles? Thanks

Philips S.Philips Avent

Good question, Antoinette. Size-wise it probably shouldn't be a problem, as the bottles aren't likely a whole lot bigger than our own brand. But we can't speak for the compatibility if we're talking about the method of sterilizing. This might be good to check with the manufacturer itself.

We hope that helps.

Katie

Katieasked

Microwave Steam

Hello there, I accidentally forgot to add water into the steriliser and the outer bottom bit melted slightly, while the insides stayed intact. Would the steriliser still be safe to use? Many thanks!

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi there, Katie - thanks a lot for reaching out about this.

On the surface, if the device has been affected like this we would indeed advise against using it from here on out. As we simply can't guarantee the safety, nor the quality. We would like to advise to contact us by phone on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ). There we'll be able to discuss the matter further. If you prefer talking over social media, please know that this is a route you could take as well.

cess

cessasked

Microwave Steam

will the sterilizer fit in a standard size microwave? I am planning to purchase one but not sure if it will fit.

Omowa P.
Omowa P.

Yes it does fit

Hi there,

Thanks for the question - the dimensions of the appliance are as follows: 166 (H), 280 (W), 280 (L) mm. You can compare this with those of your microwave to get an exact answer, since these vary in size - we hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

GranMaE

GranMaEasked

Microwave Steam

I forgot to put wAter in the sterilizer did I damage the bottles, nipples, etc. do I need to throw them away they look fine?

Hi there,

Thank you for the question - it's difficult to answer it without a little more information, but to be on the safe side of things we'd still recommend to dispose of the sterilised items and check the microwave and the steriliser for damage. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to us at 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm EST). Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Silvana A.

Silvana A.asked

Microwave Steam

How long you put the avent microwave steamer in the microwave

Hi Silvana,

Good question, thanks for submitting it here. The exact length of the cycle depends on the wattage of your microwave. 2 minutes at 1200-1850W, 4 minutes at 850-1100W, 6 minutes at 500-800W. We hope this answers your question. Let us know if any other questions pop up alright? We're here for you. :)

Dominika N

Dominika Nasked

Microwave Steam

Can i serialize diffrent brand bottles than avent ?

Hi Dominika.

Thanks for asking your question here, it's a good one. :) Generally any other brand/products that can be submerged in boiling water can be sterilized in an Avent steam sterilizer. Does that answer your question?

Dee

Deeasked

Microwave Steam SCF271/06

If my microwave is not functioning, can I put boiling hot water in the Steriliser and will it do the job?

Philips S.Philips Avent

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here, Dee. We're sorry to hear your microwave isn't working anymore. Unfortunately, pouring boiling water in the sterilizer doesn't guarantee the same result as using the microwave. Therefore, we advise against using the sterilizer in that fashion. If you have any further questions or comments, please don't hesitate to reach out to us on one of our social media channels. There, we're available 24/7 and happy to help. Alternatively, you could reach out to us by phone:
AU 1300 363 391
NZ 0800 658 224

Ida

Idaasked

Microwave Steam SCF271/06

Can i sterilise comotomo bottles in Philips Avent Microwave Steam Sterilizer?

Philips S.Philips Avent

That's a good question, Ida! Would you mind reaching out to us by phone for us to look into your question? If you're in Australia, please contact 1300 363 391. For New Zealand, you can reach out to 0800 658 224. Thanks for asking!

Bonny

Bonnyasked

Microwave Steam SCF271/06

As i have more then 4 bottled and it only holds that many am i able to over stack as long as it all fits and the lid clips in or?

annoyed
annoyed

I stack it up, i think the steam would be even to sterilise so why not...

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Bonny, thanks for your question. You're right, that's definitely possible under the circumstances you described. Good luck! :)

Th Philips Australia Team

James B

James Basked

Microwave Steam SCF271/06

What Size microwave will it fit - the website doesnt say anything other than "most microwaves"

Philips S.Philips Avent

Good question, James! The dimensions of our SCF271/06 are: 166 mm (H), 280 mm (W), 280 mm (L). So if you take a little extra space for handling in consideration, you should be golden!

If this doesn't answer your question, please do feel free to contact us on 1300 363 391, if you're located in Australia. If you're located elsewhere, please find us through: http://philips.com/support/.

Sebas

Sebasasked

Microwave Steam SCF271/06

I forgot to add water to hec sterilizer and a plastic hose that belong to a breast pump melted. The smell was really strong when I took it out the microwave and there were others bottles inside along with others items do you think that those others product are still good to use or should be dispose?

Becky

If this happened to me i would dispose of everything that was in the container due to the hose melting. Our babies are precious and i wouldn't risk it. Hope that helps ☺

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Sebas, thanks for reaching out to us with this question. We're sorry for the late reply. We regret seeing that the plastic hose of your Sterilizer melted, that's very unfortunate. We strongly advise you not to use it again and reach out to our specialists as soon as possible for further assistance. On your profile, we see that you live in the Bronx. Is it correct that you're based in the United States? If that's the case, we'd like you to send us a message on our Philips page on Facebook with your email address, phone number, and a referral to this case. You can send us a message if you're located in Australia of New Zealand as well but it's also possible to call our specialists directly on specialists on 1300 363 391 (Australia) or on 0800 658 224 (New Zealand). Please know that we take this very seriously! We'll be awaiting your reply.

Nicky Kerins

Nicky Kerinsasked

Microwave Steam SCF271/06

Can I put glass bottles in this steriliser?

Becky

I never tried but assume you could. But if i were avent i would put the clause only avent bottles lol

hi Nicky,

Yes, you should be able to sterilize the glass bottles in this product! Thanks for asking. :)

karen Memphis

karen Memphisasked

Microwave Steam SCF271/06

I forgot to put water in the sterilizer the microwave blew up but the steriliser and bottlers seemed fine. Is it okay to keep using the bottles? I throw the microwave away.

Hi Karen,

That doesn't sound good. Hopefully, the rest of your interior stayed intact and did not do any harm to yourself either. We take such cases very seriously. Could you please provide us with your e-mail address, phone number and confirm that you're based in Australia? Than we'll forward that to the relevant department so they can get in touch with you as soon as possible. To speed up the process, and if this has your preference, you could also give us a call at 1300 363 391. Than you'll reach our team of specialists who are able to assist you further on this too. :)

Rachel

Rachelasked

Microwave Steam SCF271/06

Does this Avent steriliser fit Comotomo bottles?

Renee
Renee

I just tried this and they don't fit in the designated hole because the opening is too wide. I'm wondering if they would sterilize properly if they were just in there and not locked into the little hole.

melpreston

melprestonasked

Microwave Steam SCF271/06

My avent sterilizer has brown stain like water stain on it. What would cause this? I wash it regularly.

PhilipsPhilips Avent

Hi Melpreston,
In this instance, we’d request you to contact our Consumer Care team on the following link: http://philips.to/1jfrxGv under AVENT Mother and Childcare and our representative with expertise in handling this product will be happy to help you.
Kind regards

M.Bow

M.Bowasked

Microwave Steam SCF271/06

Will this Avent steriliser hold Madela brand bottles? How many bottles does it hold at one time? The reviews for the Madela brand steriliser and bottle warmer are not favourable. Thanks :)

PhilipsPhilips Avent

Hi M.Bow,
Thank you for your enquiry. The Microwave Steam Steriliser has been designed to hold four (4) Philips AVENT bottles. It can also hold other bottles such as Medela however you may need to reconfigure how you stack the bottles into the steriliser to ensure they fit and sterilise the bottles effectively. Please refer to the FAQs on our website on some ideas on how to load bottles into the steriliser - http://www.philips.com.au/c/avent-baby-preparing-for-feeding/microwave-sterilizer-scf282_01/prd/?t=support#rdy. Kind regards.

Jaimie

Jaimieasked

Microwave Steam SCF271/06

Is it suitable for sterilising breast pump gear (ie tubing) as well?

PrahranM
PrahranM

I bought the Avent Single Electronic Breast Pump, yet unfortunately the pump never worked and now I am having a fight to get my money back as they don't refund. I bought everything Avent to all be the same brand, and you can sterilise the pump components that are not electric in the steriliser as well. This steriliser is really easy to use and very quick and you can take the steriliser with you wherever you go.

sb2012
sb2012

Yes you can sterilise the breast pump as far as it is microwave safe...I had a Medella breast pump. Though i never sterilised the tube(never felt the need).

Get an answer from our members and Philips Avent representatives