3.3

Seda

SedaSydney, NSW

My son loves it

Tried a few different brands and my 5 month old unfortunately wasn’t to pleased. One particular evening nothing would settle him, so my husband went out looking for a chemist after hours to try some other dummies. He came back with the avent classic dummies & he took to it straight away & finally stopped crying. I like the size of teat & the dummy as it doesn’t come anywhere near his nostrils. They are reasonable price compare to some others and have some really cute designs.

Purchased in December 2019 at Pharmacy 4 Less Physical store.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Seda, we're glad to hear about your experience with the Avent Classic dummie. If you have any question, feel free to ask it!

L.A.BMelbourne

Best of the bunch

These are preferred by both my children. They didn't like other brands and didn't even like other Avent ones such as the soft silicone ones, they specifically had to be the original. I do think the sizings are a bit off though, my now 5 year old used the 0-6 months till just after 12months and my now 9 month old still only wants the size 0-6 because the 6-18 makes him gag and the lengths are very different not just a slight increase. So pricey but they have made a good soother. I have never had to replace them due to wear and tear only if we lose them. The babies choose the dummy that fits their shape of mouth and what they find comfortable and my kids chose a brand my family has trusted for years :)

Purchased for A$12.50.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi there, thank you for sharing your experience. We're happy to hear your little ones enjoy our soothers so much!

Doesn’t glow all night

Same than everyone, those a great dummies but the glow in the dark is useless as it stops glowing so quick, it’s no help in the middle of the night, what a shame. Had I known I wouldn’t have purchased yet an other set of dummies. They should not advertise them as night dummies or should add a appendix explaining it only last a very short time.

Purchased in October 2019 at Big W for A$12.00.

Find out how Philips Avent Classic compares to other Pacifiers & Soothers

A regular dummy - nothing glow about it

We’ve been using Avent dummies for about 3 months and they are great.
We were excited to see the glow in dark feature.

While the actual dummy is good (similar to other agent ones) it is not glow in the dark and they are still difficult to find in the cot at night - both for our little one and us. They shouldn’t be marketed as glow in the dark.

Mum

Mumcandicemichaels001@gmail.com, Brisbane

Baby is soothed with this dummy

No problems with the dummy. Certainly a huge help during teething time as my baby is soothed by the dummy. She goes to sleep with it. Even when chewing the dummy during teething, there haven't been any leaks. No problems keeping the dummy in the mouth. I would highly recommend!

AmyC

AmyCSwindon

Don't expect these to glow in the dark!

We bought these recently to help both our little one locate her dummy in the night and also to save us from scrambling around trying to find it for her. I was quite excited to find these dummy's online and thought they would be perfect for us all.
No. I am so disappointed. We've trialled them for a week now and nothing will make them glow. They are just the same as any other dummy, they just have more of an inticing title. We've now resorted to bright or block coloured ones to help us locate them easier and I have requested a refund from the supermarket where we bought them from. Don't bother until Philips actually change them to make them glow as the title suggests.

Philips S.Philips Avent

We're sorry to hear about this, Amy. Please feel free to reach out to us about this via 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST). Thank you!

Kait

KaitMelbourne

Not the Best.

I used these dummy's for the first 6 months. They do the job as long as you hold them in. Bubs found it difficult to keep the dummy in due to the flat teat shape. When she got bigger she managed to put the whole dummy in her mouth, it was stuck and needed me to retrieve it. After this scare I changed to a more traditional dummy and haven't had any issues with keeping the dummy in or it going in her mouth. Disappointed I didn't change brands sooner. I would not recommend these dummy's

Disappointing glow

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Bubbalouie, thank you for writing your review, we value your feedback. Do let us know if you have further questions or need help in obtaining a refund. Kind regards, the Philips Australia team

Bubbalouie

Thanks Philips Australia Team.
It's a shame that they don't 'glow' for longer or a glow stronger as most babies sleep solidly the first 2 hours, and prob wake up after 4-6hrs.

KTG

KTGBrisbane, Queensland

Functional but need to replace frequently

Functional but needs to be replaced frequently as teat seems to wear near the plastic base. My baby enjoys using them and I like that they are orthodontically designed.

Stephanie_jade

Stephanie_jadeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bubs loves them!

I've been an early childhood educator for many years and have found most of my clients prefer these dummies. Naturally, when I had my own baby I opted for these myself. My son absolutely loves them and refuses to take anything else! A bit on the pricey side but I feel I have piece of mind using orthodontic dummies as they won't cause problems for future teeth. I also use the avent bottles (another client favourite) and they too have been fantastic so far :)

Philips S.Philips Avent

We're delighted that you like these!

Jessica P

Jessica PTownsville

Dummy snapped in half my baby ate it!!

Hi there avent, I would like to let you know my daughters dummy has snapped in half and she has potentially swilled it!! The doctor can't find it because it's see through and are not sure whether to wait for it to perforate her bowel or just randomly go hunting for it. I use all your products from bottles, teats, electric sterilizer and I swear by your products however I'm very traumatised that the hard plastic could be snapped by a baby and now is potentially putting holes throughout my infants intestines and bowels.

Canberran

CanberranCanberra

Highly dangerous

roland

rolandMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Waste of money !

What a terrible product. $13 for a pair of useless dummies. I bought 4 of them and my son used them for a week only. I though he does not like dummies but when changed to happy baby dummies realized that this product is useless.
3 pieces of Happy baby dummies = $4.75 at coles
I don't recommend avent products at all as I had the same problem with avent bottles which caused reflux for my baby.

useless and unacceptance by babies

Leah

LeahSecret harbour

I hate them. Beware!

laalaa14

laalaa14Australia

great soothers

Love these orthodontic soothers.
My son will take these strait away.
I tried other models & different brands but he will only have these.
I love how it doesn't cover his nose where as other models do. I love the plastic container they come in, I also love the plastic covers that cover the soother.
Only downside is that ants can crawl into the plastic soother.
This is probably the only Avent product I like & Ive tried lots!
fits my sons mouth well, I like the plastic case & the covers that go over them
only downside is ants can get into the plastic soother bit

DomK

DomKNSW, 2113

Not as I expected

I got these as my baby loves his regular Avent dummies and these have the same shape so when I saw that they glowed I was stoked as it can be so had to find the dummy in the cot in the dark, and turning on a lamp or light just unsettles bub even more. I was a bit disappointed as the glow doesn't last long at all. As a dummy they are great but no better than the regular Avent as the glow dosent last.
Great shaped dummy
Glow doesn't last

Val34

Val34Cairns

Excellent dummy!

We bought a couple of different dummies when our daughter was ready to try them and the Avent ones are the only dummies she takes. They come in different sizes and I love the fact that they have a clip on cover, which fit all stages dummies. Dummy is not too big or too small for the babies mouth, it's just right and it's orthodontic. They also come in a nice range of colours/themes.
Shape, orthodontic, clip on cover, nice colour range

KDub

KDubVic, 3146

Good as a regular dummy

Although these are supposed to glow they don't really last very long. They are durable, reliable avent dummies though and by daughter hasn't chewn any holes in them yet! The only really bad thing is the clear one is really hard to see, especially in the dark against white sheets!
Durable avent dummy - same as the others
Hard to see the clear one in the cot, glow doesn't last long

KDub

KDubVic, 3146

Great dummies

I started by bub on this one because I got a free one in a show bag! She took to it ok when she was ready and we have been using this brand ever since. They are really durable and even now that she has teeth, to this date still hasn't bitten a hole in one. They can go in the sterilisers (the avent ones anyway) and don't get water on the inside of it when you clean it,
Durable

firsttimemumtozac

firsttimemumtozacAU

Good dummy

Great pacifier with good shape for babies mouth and cover for dummy that comes with it. Orthodontic approved and easy handle for baby to grasp. Was not to bulbous for babies mouth. easy to clean. Different patterns to choose from and same look as age group increases.
Orthodontic
White

Sue Grant

Sue Grantasked

Classic

What year did the advent first make dummies I have a old dummy here I’m trying to find out which child it belong to

L.A.B

Email Phillips for the most accurate answer

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Sue, good question! Philips AVENT was founded in 1984. However, we are not quite sure when the first dummies were produced. If you want to find out more about your specific one, please feel free to contact our customer care at this number: 1300 363 391. Our colleagues will be able to look into it and help you to identify the right little owner.

JHi

JHiasked

Classic

Hi. Our almost 1 year old still prefers the 0-6 months soother. We have tried the 6-18 months a few times and he gags and seems to hate it. Is it a bad thing to continue to let him use the 0-6 months or should we really persist with the 6-18 months? Thanks.

L.A.B

Stick to the smaller size until your baby finds the larger one comfortable with out gagging and stays in without falling out. Both my kids were on the 0-6 for far longer than the guideline age. My son who is 1 tomorrow only moved up from 0-6 a week ago.

Appleeye

Appleeyeasked

Classic Nightime Glow in the dark SCF176/18

Have just purchased the glow in the dark dummies only to find they DONT GLOW?!! Is there something we need to do to "activate" them?? There is nothing on the packaging. Any help would be appreciated as we were so excited about the concept, but now completely disappointed!! TIA

Hi Appleeye,

I found the same problem.
I sat them on the window ledge to absorb light in hope to 'activate' them at night but that gave off minimal glow and didn't really last long.

I rang the Philips customer hotline and I explained my disappointment with the product. See how you go. I was lucky enough that they allowed me to return to place of purchase for a refund.
Good luck!

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi there. Thank you for your question. We're sorry to hear the soothers haven't been glowing so far and can imagine your disappointment. To activate the soothers, we advise you to expose them to light for at least a few minutes. After doing so, they should glow in the dark. If this doesn't work, please contact our Customer Care. If you're based in Australia, you can reach them on: 1300 363 391. If you're based in New Zealand, the number is: 0800 658 224.

Get an answer from our members and Philips Avent representatives