Philips Satinelle Essential BRE255/00

Philips Satinelle Essential BRE255/00

Listing monitored by Philips

Pros

• Slows down hair growth

• Easy to clean

• Compact

Cons

• Sometimes detaches from power outlet

• Causes Irritation Yes (3) · No (11)
La.ma.ow
La.ma.owSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hurts so bad but worth it for silky smooth legs

This thing is scary you gotta ne orepated for some hurt but honestly it leaves my legs so smooth i actually like it, would recommend to anyone, tip: have a hot shower before use

Purchased in March 2019 at Coles for $80.00.

Philips S.Philips

Phillips satinelle epilator- convenient, pretty and practical

Phillips Satinelle Essential Corded Compact Epilator Review

I was so happy to get my hands on the Phillips Satinelle Essential Corded Compact Epilator but to be honest i was super nervous, I have only waxed my legs a few times as I do not like pain! Now let me tell you it's not as bad as I thought! The pain was not that bad & hurt less the more you use it! Just like with waxing there are a few tender spots but overall bearable! The noise is a little loud though & off putting at first. I loved the packaging.

Purchased in February 2020 for $59.95.

Not my jam

Hi There,
I was gifted this epilator, which is why I’ve been so hesitant too leave a review. this just really didn’t work for me. it was painful and didn’t even remove my hair. I would not recommend or use again. I was really hoping for a positive out come out review but I just can’t lie. I am sorry, this just doesn’t work for me. I would much rather wax or get laser hair removal.

Causes Irritation Yes

Megan P.
Megan P.South East Queensland, QLD

Great little device

Purchased in February 2020.

Fiona W.
Fiona W.South East Queensland, QLD

It’s light weight... that’s it.

I honestly was excited to try this product. I remember using one of these as a teenager and it wasn’t a great experience, and to be honest not much has changed.
I let my leg hairs grow a bit, so I knew they should be long enough, but that didn’t help.
the only way to describe this is as either a fast tweeze or a very slow wax. It’s hurts, although since you have to go over the area several times, it will eventually go numb and you won’t feel it. it’s extremely loud too! when I turned it on, I was very unsure whether I wanted to use it. it sounded like it was going to rip the skin off my leg!
I looked up a tutorial to make sure I was doing it right, and I was. I’m glad I didn’t pay for this, as I would be severely disappointed.

Ash M.
Ash M.Sydney, NSW

Not for someone with low pain tolerance

I was gifted this product and I’m glad I was, maybe I just have a low pain tolerance but damm this hurts worse than waxing. First time I tried it, it hurt like wow so I thought if I bathe first open up my pores it may hurt a little less and it did but I don’t think the epilator is for me. Other than the pain I think the whole product is great it is very lightweight and compact and I do like the light it’s comes with as my bathroom lighting isn’t the best.

Van
VanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Light weight and easy to use

I was super excited to try this product as I have never used an epilators before. As soon as I opened the box I first noticed that the product was lightweight and fit perfectly in my hand. The light is great as the product helps to see the hair in both daylight and at night time. Product was easy to use and clean.
I found the product was a bit loud to use and it took a few times to get used to the pain when the hairs were being removed from my legs. My legs were red after the few few uses.
Not a lot of packaging which is great for the environment.

XxJessxX
XxJessxX

Easy to use and gets the job done

I was gifted this product and honestly, I'm glad I was. Although it does take a while for the hair to grow long enough, once it does grow, it works well. The 2 speed settings are a great idea for such a low cost unit and the light also. Easy to clean the epilator head and very easy storage. Would highly recommend this product to a first time epilator like myself.

Jette D.
Jette D.

Compact corded epilator

Purchased in February 2020.

AliciaMid North Coast, NSW

Great if you can handle the sensation

I was really excited to try this! once I knew what the product was I looked online and saw some reviews talking about pain which I wasn’t expecting, I tried the epilator as soon as I received the package but unfortunately I couldn’t handle the pain, I feel I have a high pain tolerance but having to cause the pain myself I couldn’t do it. I’m sorry, I really wanted to love this but I couldn’t get used to the sensation. It worked great where I tried it I just couldn’t do it more.

Alicia

I will keep trying as it does work :)!

Karrissa
Karrissa

Loved this product

First I was unsure, the more I used it the more tolerant I become to it the epilator. I think this will be a good investment for anyone how regularly shaves.

Trish
TrishSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use

it has been years since I have used an elilator, so I knew the was go i ng to be a bit of pain when using this. And there was, nothing extreme just a sting as the hairs came out but I feel the more I use it the less much it will get. I found it easy to use and it didn't bother me at all not being cordless. I like that it is small and compact so will be easy to pack when going away. Definitely notice a slower rate of regrowth on my legs the with shaving and a lot less prickelly witch it great I feel like I will only need to use it every couple of weeks. Overall a good product that I will continue to use and would recommend to other wanting to use an epilator.

Zoe lee
Zoe leeHunter Region, NSW

Amazing little device

I'm not going to lie, I had no idea what a epilator was or what is was used for lol.
I'm so happy to come across the Philip's Satinelle compact epilator, just under two weeks ago I used the epilator on my legs and I'm only just noticing little tiny hairs now!! Almost 2 weeks without having to do anything. if anyone is considering getting a epilator for there daughters or yourselves please consider the Philip's! you wont be disappointed.

Purchased in February 2020 at Philips for $59.95.

missm18
missm18Western Australia

such a great little unit! silky smooth legs

Omg! where do I begin *hah!
It was daunting and intimidating at first - but with a glass of wine I got there. It was quite loud and the instructions were sort of hard to follow. I ended up googling how to do it and what the two different heads were for.

The cord was slightly painful - it didn't stay in very well. The handy little light made it easy to see where I was going and what I have already done as eye sight is terrible.

It was a little painful but once I got started it was fine and the bonus was - the end product - silky smooth legs.

Sam po
Sam poasked

hello can this be used for underarm?

Starr Z.
Starr Z.asked

I borrowed a friends Phillip Epilator to try out. I found it broke my hair more than what it pulled out. I tried a different brand of Epilator & found the same thing happened. My legs didn't feel smooth after both machines, more like the day after a shave. I have been waxing so my hair is soft. I was wondering if any one who waxes has found the same thing when using an Epilator - it just breaks the hair instead of pulling it out?

Mery
Meryasked

Does it remove your hair or there is always some left?

Philips S.Philips

Hello Mary, thank you for your question. The epilator is designed to remove most of the hair, however, some hairs that are too short or too thin might be left behind. These will be picked up the next time you use the device. Hope this answers your question. Should you need any assistance in the future, You can reach our product team directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Friday: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

Kind Regards
The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Features:

• The Satinelle Essential BRE225/00 epilator pulls hairs from the root, leaving you with long-lasting results.
  • It has 2 speed settings, helping to remove both thinner and thicker hairs, so you won’t be left with patchy spots.
  • The epilator has a washable epilator head, making it easy to clean and keep hygienic.
  • For those worried about pain or sensitivity, the epilator has a sensitive cap that lets you tackle more delicate areas, such as the underarm and bikini line.
  • A built-in light helps you easily see the area you’re epilating, so you don’t miss a spot.
  • For easy storage and transportation, the device comes with a travel pouch.
  • It costs $59.95.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the epilator effectively removed hairs from the root, leaving their skin smooth and slowing down hair regrowth.
  • They also found that the device was easy to clean.
  • Reviewers also appreciated how compact the epilator was, saying that it was easy to store.

A point of pain:

• According to some reviewers, the device wasn’t well-fitted to the power outlet, and sometimes came loose while they used it.
  • GTIN13: 8710103901488