Bayer Profender

Bayer Profender

See the Best Heart & Intestinal Wormers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bayer? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Terrible... Do not give to your cats unless you want them to die!!!

Purchased in June 2021 for $34.00.

Killed my Cat

After applying this medicine, my 13 year old cat was dead in less then 36 hours. With no prior health problems. Necropsy showed no reason other then medication that he should have passed away. Blood work was all normal prior to medicine. Do NOT give this medication to your furbabies!!!!

Purchased in February 2020.

catmom53
catmom53Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Stay away at all cost! Do not use-EVER!

Side Effects Long-term illness

Horrifying

Purchased in November 2020 for $89.00.

TERRIFYING

Healthy 3 yr old male cat started crying and drooling IMMEDIATELY. He was so mad at us we could not catch him to wash off the poison. I bet our vet got free samples. Still trying to catch him so he doesn’t die.

Purchased in November 2020.

Do not use

Straight after applying on our 5 month old kitten he became confused and disorientated. His eyes went strange and he was blinking weirdly (the smell was very strong around his neck). He normally hates a bath/water on him but was happy for us to apply warm water to try and get this horrible stuff off him.

Purchased in November 2020.

DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT

My cat licked this off the back of his neck, resulting in chronic diarrhea, sickness and complete loss of appetite. On day 5 of diarrhea and still only eating teaspoon food maybe 3 times a day and the food is going straight through him . Stick to Drontal wormer!!! I have no idea how this product that is clearly toxic when ingested is given to us by vets or for sale.

Purchased in September 2020.

Kitty had a severe reaction & our 13 year old cat died

We rescued a kitty and had him dewormed with profender. The vet recommended our older cat be dewormed as well “just in case”. A week later out kitten had a severe skin reaction on his neck, his hair started to fall out and the rashes on his head, ears and neck were terrible. He also developed a respiratory problem which will have him on meds for the rest of his life. Our older cat started to lose a lot of weight, she was a very strong and healthy cat before the application of profender. Two months later we lost her due to severe dehydration (though she drank plenty of water), kidney and heart failure. I wish I had read the reviews before trusting “professionals” with these awful products and my babies’ lives.

Unhappy IndividualSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works fine for me

I bought this over the counter and have been using it on my cat for quite some time now. There are a few side effects (such as temporary lethargy and irritability) but I was already aware of them. It seems to be quite effective, a vet told me that it takes about 2 days to work on most parasites, so it makes sense that my cat’s odd behaviour only lasts for 3-4 days. Overall, I’m happy with the results.

Purchased at Petbarn.

Profender Cat Dewormer

After I gave my cat Profender (which I do not believe the cat needed; but vet said it would be a good idea), my cat started biting it's stomach. Cat has almost bitten off his nipples. WT is in this stuff?! To anyone wondering if they should give their cat Profender, consider something safe like diatomaceous earth instead. (I gave the rating of one star because I couldn't proceed otherwise, however honestly minus 5 stars is an appropriate rating).

Purchased in June 2020.

Side Effects Long-term illness

Poison

Purchased in August 2020 at Veternarian for $14.86.

Kellie
Kellie

Well I'm sad to say my cat died a week later she did not want to give up! She went thru hell with this poison!!

Worried about this product by J. Milburn 19/08/2020

We wormed our cat the other night and since then she has become very ill with bloody stools. Vet is saying it can’t be Profender as she has had it before. She’s at the vets now and on a drip being treated for an infection so I’m hoping she recovers. Not going to use Profender again especially after reading bad reviews.

Andrew L.
Andrew L.

Not a good product

Within 30sec of application to the back of the neck, the 15yr old cat was lethargic, disoriented, could hardly walk.
We immediately suspected the product and washed it off in the shower under warm water and a gentle soap.
Half hour later the cat was improving and resting quietly.
We contacted Bayer and talked to their support line and gave feedback on the product.
Thankfully the cat is recovering.
Would not recommend this product.

Purchased in June 2020 at Petbarn Physical store for $30.00.

Siamese 2 year old baldness

My vet gave my cat this product and he now had bald patches on the back of his neck and has loose bowel movements. On googling and finding out the name of the used being Profender, I googled to see if there were any possible side effects similar to other cats and was horrified to see that the internet is full of bad experiences and cats dying because of this toxic product. Why is it still being used by vets???
I am horrified!!

Purchased in July 2020 for $20.00.

Bad Reaction

I purchased this product on the advice of my vet for my 11 month old cat - within 30 seconds she was foaming at the mouth and acting crazy - I grabbed her and rushed to the sink to wash it off - after a couple of minutes I rang the emergency vet and they said she may have licked it although I did not see her do that - the second vet which rang me back said she may have a reaction to it. Due to my quick action she seems to be ok now ...hopefully there will not be any long term affects

Purchased in June 2020.

Read more reviews - page 2

Bella Sueasked

Can Profender cause allergic symptoms in humans after it is applied and dry?

Hannah
Hannah

I'm unsure of this sorry. I'd Google it and see or ask the vet for the side affects of the product. Either way do not use it. My cat is still suffering gut wise after the use of it months later.

Bella Sueasked

I adopted a cat that was treated with profender. The cat seems okay, but i get breathing problems and itching hands when I pet her!! I've had cats for 30 years, am not allergic to cats. In fact I already had another cat - no problems. How do I get this stuff off my new cat? I can't find a clear answer to How long is this med active in the saliva of a cat. When we bathe her or wipe her down the "allergy" goes away. Then her hair gets less soft from grooming (I suppose) after a few weeks and back to square one. Unless it is possible to be allergic to one particular cat and no others for 30 years. This cat is a persian mix (I was told) when I adopted her and had several different topicals applied at the same time as preventives. I was not told that she had worms and I read this is NOT a preventive. It was applied twice , 30 days apart.

sam
samasked

Is this really that bad?My vet just gave me this now I am so scared to put it on her. What should I do?

Unhappy Individual

I’ve been using it on mine with no trouble. Every cat is different. Just make sure the dosage is correct and pay close attention to any side effects or reactions.

Bella Sue

YES, read reviews at other sites.

Manel D.
Manel D.

My vet gave this same brand deworming treatment to my cat last week. OMG I should have seen this responses prior going there. Now I am freaking out with what to expect at a later date with my poor cat's heath issues if may come up with any troubles. How on earth these vet clinics still uses this med? These places vets must be charged for their carelesness.

• GTIN14: 09310160811622 and 09310160811707