Bayer Profender

Bayer Profender

1.8

DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT

My cat licked this off the back of his neck, resulting in chronic diarrhea, sickness and complete loss of appetite. On day 5 of diarrhea and still only eating teaspoon food maybe 3 times a day and the food is going straight through him . Stick to Drontal wormer!!! I have no idea how this product that is clearly toxic when ingested is given to us by vets or for sale.

Purchased in September 2020.

Kitty had a severe reaction & our 13 year old cat died

We rescued a kitty and had him dewormed with profender. The vet recommended our older cat be dewormed as well “just in case”. A week later out kitten had a severe skin reaction on his neck, his hair started to fall out and the rashes on his head, ears and neck were terrible. He also developed a respiratory problem which will have him on meds for the rest of his life. Our older cat started to lose a lot of weight, she was a very strong and healthy cat before the application of profender. Two months later we lost her due to severe dehydration (though she drank plenty of water), kidney and heart failure. I wish I had read the reviews before trusting “professionals” with these awful products and my babies’ lives.

Unhappy Individual

Unhappy IndividualSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works fine for me

I bought this over the counter and have been using it on my cat for quite some time now. There are a few side effects (such as temporary lethargy and irritability) but I was already aware of them. It seems to be quite effective, a vet told me that it takes about 2 days to work on most parasites, so it makes sense that my cat’s odd behaviour only lasts for 3-4 days. Overall, I’m happy with the results.

Purchased at Petbarn.

Profender Cat Dewormer

After I gave my cat Profender (which I do not believe the cat needed; but vet said it would be a good idea), my cat started biting it's stomach. Cat has almost bitten off his nipples. WT is in this stuff?! To anyone wondering if they should give their cat Profender, consider something safe like diatomaceous earth instead. (I gave the rating of one star because I couldn't proceed otherwise, however honestly minus 5 stars is an appropriate rating).

Poison

Purchased in August 2020 at Veternarian for A$14.86.

Kellie
Kellie

Well I'm sad to say my cat died a week later she did not want to give up! She went thru hell with this poison!!

Worried about this product by J. Milburn 19/08/2020

We wormed our cat the other night and since then she has become very ill with bloody stools. Vet is saying it can’t be Profender as she has had it before. She’s at the vets now and on a drip being treated for an infection so I’m hoping she recovers. Not going to use Profender again especially after reading bad reviews.

Andrew L.

Andrew L.

Not a good product

Within 30sec of application to the back of the neck, the 15yr old cat was lethargic, disoriented, could hardly walk.
We immediately suspected the product and washed it off in the shower under warm water and a gentle soap.
Half hour later the cat was improving and resting quietly.
We contacted Bayer and talked to their support line and gave feedback on the product.
Thankfully the cat is recovering.
Would not recommend this product.

Purchased in June 2020 at Petbarn Physical store for A$30.00.

Siamese 2 year old baldness

My vet gave my cat this product and he now had bald patches on the back of his neck and has loose bowel movements. On googling and finding out the name of the used being Profender, I googled to see if there were any possible side effects similar to other cats and was horrified to see that the internet is full of bad experiences and cats dying because of this toxic product. Why is it still being used by vets???
I am horrified!!

Purchased in July 2020 for A$20.00.

AVOID!!

The vet administered this to one of our cats, yesterday, she has deteriorated rapidly since. She started salivating and foaming at the mouth and became lethargic. She will not eat or drink. She is hiding away and looks like a cat who isn't going to make it, but hopefully she will. Please approach this product with extreme caution, I will never ever let any cat of mine have this again!!

UPDATE, Five days later - our cat died this morning. I have photographs of apparent chemical burns to her mouth and paws that I believe were caused by the Profender.

Bad Reaction

I purchased this product on the advice of my vet for my 11 month old cat - within 30 seconds she was foaming at the mouth and acting crazy - I grabbed her and rushed to the sink to wash it off - after a couple of minutes I rang the emergency vet and they said she may have licked it although I did not see her do that - the second vet which rang me back said she may have a reaction to it. Due to my quick action she seems to be ok now ...hopefully there will not be any long term affects

Side Effects Short-term illness

Bad stuff, please read BEFORE you apply on your pet!

Purchased in April 2020.

CazEAST GOSFORD

Diarrhea

I used Profender spot on worm treatment on my Siamese cat two weeks ago and he's had diarrhea ever since. I have not changed his food and he's not prone to diarrhea he's a very robust seven year old. Everytime he goes on the litter tray it's diarrhea and he is distressed by it. I will not give it to him again I hope the diarrhea clears up soon he is still eating and drinking.

Purchased in April 2020 at Pet Circle for A$20.00.

Caz

My Siamese cat still has diarrhea after using Profender spot on worm treatment. I hope it dosnt last the whole three months never again he's an inside cat but I feed him some raw cat food.

Elderly cat, profender burned the back of the neck and hair fell out. Cat was very sore.

I am not a fan of keep dosing the cats with various treatments. Profender burned the back of my elderly cats neck and the hair fell out. Vet just says bring him back, for a fee of course, cat was to sore to be pulled around.

Purchased in January 2020 at Vets practice.

Do NOT use this product

I used a different vet for my 2 year old, strictly indoor, cat. Other vet always had me bring a fecal sample. This one did not. They automatically gave him topical dewormer "just in case". About 4 hours after application, he began drooling excessively, eyes watering, running around the house and twitching. He would go hide for awhile until it happened again...he did this on and off for 24 hours and did not start acting like himself for 48 hours. He wasn't completely alright for about a week. Scared me to death! I wiped his back with wet washcloth, soap and water to try to remove any excess. DO NOT let vet use this on your cats!!!

Purchased in December 2019.

Cat had profender. Burnt his skin and loss of hair. Not a vocal but is eating. Hope thats all that happens.

Never again using this product that burns and hurts animals . Why would a vet be able to use this. This product should never be on the market. It is horrible.

Purchased in January 2020 at Vet for A$21.31.

Cat not the same

A vet used this on my cat months ago, but I swear he does not seem like the same cat anymore. I think this has caused long-term side effects on him. New vet thinks it's his liver and pancreas. I am forking out money for an ultrasound now to see whats wrong. I am devastated. If I would have known, I would have asked for the pill form to administer myself in a pill pocket. He struggled to pill him, so thats why he used the profender. Do not use this!! See another vet if you have to and get milbemax instead.

My cat was lethargic for days, had a fever, and would barely eat. He still seems lethargic off and on after eating ever since.

My 7 month old neurologic and 106 fever after taking Profender

My 7mnth old kitty had tapeworm. Vet gave him profender on back, she said it worked better than other meds. The next 3 days my cat did not eat or drink, became neurologic in his hind legs, can not jump, had 106 degree fever. My vet said in all his 10 years he's never seen a reaction to dewormer. He said that it's probably PIF that my kitty has. After looking at reviews and given the timing, I think not. My kitty may not make it and is at best overnight.

Purchased in November 2019 at Templeton for A$44.00.

Cat on deaths door

My beautiful 11 1/2 yr old Winnie is deathly sick after an application of pro fender. Within 24 hrs, she stopped eating, drinking, copious amounts of drool, already losing weight. Been to emergency vet once and heading to her vet in the a.m. This poison should be taken off the market. I only pray that my girl makes it. I have read the statistics on this medication and to say 1 cat died is certainly an understatement. I have read of several on this website alone. Absolutely do not use this product unless you want to risk losing your beloved pet.

Purchased in November 2019 for A$36.00.

Maria
Maria

Update-my beautiful girl passed today. Full blown heart failure, kidneys started shutting down, horrible, horrible experience. This loss is more difficult because it should not have happened. Will be contacting Bayer.

Monstrous product!!!

Purchased in October 2019.

No good.

I gave this to my 6 month old and he completely lost his appetite and energy. Its been 24 hrs and he still wont eat without help. He went from running around and constantly yelling especially around meal times to sleeping all day and barely making a peep. I never thought id miss hearing his yelling so much. Profender is poison im just glad his reaction hasnt been as severe as other cats. I got this from the vet and I thought I could trust it but apparently they dont care.

Purchased in October 2019.