Pyrex Baking Dish

Pyrex Baking Dish

See the Best Baking Dishes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Sim

Sim

Potentially Dangerous Product

Steph

StephPerth, WA

Buyer beware these dishes can explode.

Last week I cooked a curry in my Pyrex casserole dish (with lid) however much to my horror five minutes after I had taken it out of the oven to cool down the dish exploded. Luckily I had just moved away when it happened or it could have been fatal. Sadly we had just moved into a lovely new house and the broken glass and curry have decimated our beautiful white kitchen.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Ann

AnnMandurah

Pyrex baking disn

Opened the oven to remove dish and it exploded, i was covered in glass and cuts from the shards of glass and suffered burns from the contents!! The oven was on 180 so wasnt a high temperature. These products are highly dangerous,unsafe to use and not cheap to buy. Im so very angry and feel i should be reimbursed.

September 9th 2017 Update: Pyrex baking disn

I had a cauliflower cheese in the oven, set on a moderate heat. Had opened oven to remove the dish as it was ready. Upon opening the oven the dish exploded, covering me in boiling cheese sauce and shards of glass. Suffered burns and cuts!! Very dangerous, i would not recommend at all.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Ellen

EllenMelbourne

Pyrex not the same

Sad this product mothers in the family before me has been using is not the same as the one is being sold in the market nowadays. Basically, the thickness of the pan is obviously not the same. The pan is also smaller and thinner in width. So, I still use my mum's Pyrex when I need a deep dish popped in my oven :(

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Pyrex baking dishes

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Fifihamm

Fifihamm

Pyrex dish exploded in my oven

Two days ago I made some stuffed capsicums.
I took out a glass pyrex dish and placed two capsicums in the oven and heated on 180 for 25 minutes. I checked after this time but they were still not hot enough so put my timer on for another 20 minutes.
When my timer went off I went to check and the dish had exploded all over my oven.
The pyrex dish was about 3 years old.
I am very disappointed in pyrex and will never buy their stuff again as i read they have sold to another company who have changed the product.
I will treasure my old pyrex dishes that were made from shatterproof glass prior to the company changing hands

Date PurchasedJan 2014

AgnesMS

AgnesMSBrisbane

Trusted in my kitchen

We have been using oyrex since I can remember. I really love using them as they are easy to wash and have lasted for years without any breaking incident. I use it in reheating and storing hot food without me worrying about toxic chemicals in my food. It is just a classic favourite for every mum.

Date PurchasedApr 2010

Ja

Jahornsby

What a disaster and scary incident, pyrex dish shattered everywhere in oven.

AnneCam

AnneCamMelbourne

Mine shattered in the oven cooking our Xmas dinner vegetables

Do not buy. When it shatters it is scary and dangerous and such a waste of food and time. I was physically shaken by the incident. I had been a long time fan of Pyrex but not anymore.

Gary  Kay

Gary Kaywa, 6122

They last forever

I have been using my Pyrex dishes for over 30 years. I emigrated from the UK, 25 years ago and brought them with me. I had quite alot given to me for wedding presents and could not leave them behind. I put them in the dishwasher after every use and they come up like brand new.
They last forever

ELLABELLA06

ELLABELLA06South East Queensland, QLD

My Favorite Baking ware

mistee3

mistee3Perth, WA

This is a wonderful dish for cooking. It's very easy to clean and good quality. A bit more expensive but I don't mind paying extra for such good quality cookware.
Well known brand, good quality, easy to clean.

Sada

SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good

This is such a useful baking dish to have in the kitchen. I use it for baking all sorts of things and its easy to clean up and I can stick it in the microwave and in the fridge. It is a bit pricey, but can be found in some larger stores or in the Corningware outlets. Overall, a fantastic and useful product which I use over and over again.
This is a great dish to have in the kitchen because its so useful. I can bake a lasagna in it or bake a bread pudding in it. It is easy to clean and the glass makes it look very pretty too.
Nothing I dislike about this product.

Jackiwho

Jackiwhoasked

I need to contact the manufacturerer of pyrex as my baking dish exploded into hundreds of pieces while I was cooking. I can't find an email address or contact number in Australia. Can anyone help?

Mel4883
Mel4883

Mine did this last night. It was only about 3 years old. I am going to complain to Consumer Affairs as there are obviously safety issues.

SharleneP
SharleneP

I know its been a few years since you posted your comment, but I'm curious to know how you went? I have literally just finished a big clean up after mine exploded.

Get an answer from our members and Pyrex representatives

CategoryBaking Dishes