Raco Contemporary

Raco Contemporary

MPN: R764420
See the Best Cookware & Fryware Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Raco

• Hot Handles While Cooking Yes (0) · No (1)
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (1) · No (0)
JApo
JApoBrisbane

Fantastic long lasting saucepans

I bought my Raco pans as a set of three, many years ago. They were part of the Gabriel Gate range from the early nineties. They had and still have a mirrored outside and really they still look new. I’m amazed at the quality of these pans and wish they made a smaller size too. I always hand wash although the lids go in the dishwasher and the finish is still as good as the bases. Good job Raco!

Discoloured and Chaulky

I've owned a set of Raco pots and pans for under 12 months. They have started to discolour around the outside, have become so chaulky that the outside paint is peeling off. I have pics to prove

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Love it!

My gosh they're fantastic, Is been years since I bought them, the handles are still intact and that's what I want in good quality cookware, I keep them shine with Steelo, awesome stuff!

Date PurchasedJune 2009

Great customer service from Raco

Had a problem with my non-stick frying pans and called them up. They were fantastic, very quick to respond and after sending them a few photos, they reimbursed me with a voucher to get new ones from their online shop. I'm very happy with the new ones - I chose from the Cast Al range - they are great to use and easy to clean. Love the silicon handle that never gets too hot.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Great everyday saucepans!

Have two sets Raco contemporary saucepans one for house, and one for our slide-on camper. Love that they are narrow and high rather than wide and squat. Love that they are dishwasher safe and can go into the oven.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
sidetracked cook
sidetracked cookAdelaide

Best saucepan I have ever owned

I love the results of cooking with my RACO stainless steel saucepans and steamer. You do need to be aware that the handle may get hot.
However, I often get side-tracked whilst cooking and come back to find my vegetables burnt. Just a short soak in warm water and the saucepans clean up like new! Wonderful quality

Date PurchasedAug 2005
Roger
RogerNSW, 2151

Excellent & responsive customer service

Very many years ago we purchased a set of RACO Elegance saucepans. We recently noticed a small bulge on the base of one of the pans and sent photographs in to RACO customer service for their comments.

Within 30 minutes of sending the email, I received a positive response saying that the problem was covered under warranty and as the range was no longer available, I received a $100 voucher to spend on their on line site.

Couldn't ask for better service from a supplier that stands behind its products - no matter how old the item is!

Date PurchasedJan 1996

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Billyt
BillytSydney, NSW

Raco "non stick" frypan sticks!!

I have a problem with food sticking to the bottom of the frypan. The coating isn't much chop!! I too have to soak the pan with water to remove to stuck food. Non metallic utensils are always used on it. Will have second thoughts about buying Raco gear in the future.

Beware or get Burnt!

I agree with other review. The very first time I used saucepan I was burnt so since then used a tea towel, which is quite inconvenient, but just accepted I would have to do this. But during Christmas at a family gathering I forgot about tea towel and burnt my hand badly. Too late to return now, but these really are unsafe and I would like a refund! This product needs to be recalled so customers can get a replacement.

Amanda N
Amanda NSydney

Fantastic quality product

I purchased these especially to use with the induction cooker at our new apartment.
Brilliant product and great quality. I use them as suggested in the manual. Avoid metal spoons etc and metal scourers and don't pour boiling hot water into them and they will last a long time.
I got mine on special at an online store so they were very good value as well!

Ian
IanSunshine Coast

Watch the handles

After a couple of months we no longer use this set. The handles on the glass lids get so hot that you get instant blistering burns if you pick the lid up using the handle. I am surprised they are even allowed to sell them. If you use a tea towel to pick the lid up it's ok but it's easy to get distracted and forget, especially when you have children running around the house. My wife has been badly burned several times and she now refuses to use these pans.

Other than that they are good saucepans, the handles on the saucepans themselves don't get that hot, the problem is with the lids.
You can't put them in the dishwasher but we normally wouldn't do that anyway.

Pans have worn on bottom which causes inconsistency.

I was given the pots for a wedding present and love them so My wife purchased two pans for my Birthday BUT they have both worn in one spot on the bottom to cause inconsistent cooking to the point I hate using them and I'm not happy at all.

Great Cookware!

I have been using my new Raco cookware for a few months now and really enjoy using them. Nothing sticks, easy to clean and look great too. I'm really happy with the product and would recommend to anyone in the market looking for a new set.

Do gummer
Do gummerTuncurry

Excellent cookware

I find the raco cookware excellent. The frypans and saucepans are the perfect size for whatever you are cooking and very easy to clean. I love the glass lids as you can monitor what you are cooking, could not live with out it. I would recommend this product to anyone.
Good size and easy to clean

TraceyD
TraceyDTraralgon

Excellent cookware

I have been using my new Raco cookware and love them. They are so easy to cook with, nothing sticks and so easy to clean.I would recommend this set to anyone who is looking to purchase new saucepans.
It is also great that you can see through the lid to see how your meal is progressing - only down side is that the lids get very hot so you need a hand towel or something to take lids off
I have put my old saucepans to the back of the cupboard as these are far more superior.
So easy to cook with and you can see through the lid which makes it even easier to see how your meal is going

Date PurchasedSept 2011