5Razer BlackWidow Mechanical Gaming

2.5
1.0
2.0
3.5
Brand Manager for Razer? Claim your listing.

Jonathangl
JonathanglGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC20 posts

Razor Blackwidow V3 Mini Cordless

If you would like something that resembles the flashing lights on poker machine then this is for you!
If you are little more conservative and just want a backlit keyboard forget it.
It takes forever to load your profile with their software, and this happens when a profile is changed.
Unfortunately with all the lights, at the bottom of the keys as well, the battery life is pathetic around 8 hours or less.
I have replaced with Logitech MX MECHANICAL MINI which stays charged for weeks. Exellent keyboard! Show details
Lougene M
Lougene MSydney, NSW13 posts

Most upsetting keyboard I've experienced

I bought the Razer Blackwidow V3 Pro with yellow switches and it's absolutely the worst keyboard I've ever purchased. I'd go as far as to say this is the most disappointing purchase of 2021. The LED keys are extremely dull, the keys feel cheap and the always on white LED is distracting during both day (when you can barely see the LED colour) and night where it is by far the brightest light in the room.

The customisation options of the keyboard are lacking, there's a lot of control with the Razer Synapse app but the learning curve is steep. Secondly the settings don't save, so expect to open Synapse and reset it every time. Show details

Christopher D.
Christopher D.

Keyboard breaks right after the warranty

Bought a Razer BlackWidow Elite Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, ports were breaking throughout the period purchased. The warranty lasted for 2 years but conveniently the USB ports and cable stop working right after 2 years was up. Nothing can be done, this is a major problem with the keyboard and I wouldn't ever buy a product from them again.
Jacob
JacobThe Mallee, VIC6 posts

Great keyboard

This keyboard is great i use it every day basically all day from gaming to studying, it has never let me down or anything ive been using it for almost a year now without an issue comfy on the wrist for long periods or gaming, the only down fall that i would say is the mechanical keys at times are very loud
Robbie
RobbieSydney Surrounds, NSW12 posts

Poor product quality, i'd never buy a Razer Product again

I recently let go of my 4-year Mechanical (CherryMX Brown) keyboard, it was too noisy for me and had worn down over years of gaming.

Anyway, so I bought this product (the Ultimate Stealth Edition too) as it was marketed as a Silent Keyboard with Razer's own Mechanical Switches, I could have sworn $20 membrane keyboards are better.

Bulky, Plasticky and what's worse, very noisy. They buttons are anything but terrible for gaming, Razer should go back to CherryMX and stop rippingoff customers.

Mkit Buy
Mkit BuyWakeley4 posts

Works as a keyboard for games

I got this keyboard with the green back light, Razer BlackWidow Ultimate. The green light is nice and can be customised. The keys I got were the normal non stealth clicky ones. From laptop chiclet keyboard to razer blackwidow mechanical keyboard the transition is nice and I really like how the keyboard feels when typing and playing.

L clark
L clark2 posts

Fully customisable

We bought the keyboard to use with our new gaming desktop. The lighting can save several different setttings, so different family members can easily switch between their preferred setting. It come with a range of in built colour designs but one of the best features is that each individual key can be customised, so if you want wasd highlighted and the rest off you can.

Derek M
Derek MJericho7 posts

Rhythm
Rhythm3 posts

Razer, guys! Seriously! By gamers, for gamers!

Can't complain at all, it's in their slogan "designed by gamers, for gamers" their CEO; Min Liang-Tan is an absolute genius. I own pretty much all of the chroma pieces including this black widow and it's survived multiple spills, droppings and beatings. This thing is an absolute beast.

Mike
MikeSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Great keyboard

I bought this keyboard to attach to my Surface Pro 3 at work rather than using the type cover keyboard, and its fantastic. People around me do complain its noisy, but they are getting use to it. I tell them its either that, or I practice playing my saxophone, their choice! Keys have a very positive click to them. Razer Synapse software can control the lighting if required. Even though the keyboard is plastic, it is quite weighty and solid.

Please note, I do not use this keyboard for gaming, rather I work as a software developer and feel the mech keyboards give way better feedback, and surprisingly reduce coding typos.

It is an expensive keyboard, but if you look around you can find them for under half of the rec retail.

Blane666
Blane666

Super Expensive but great to use

Bought this for my son who loves his gaming. Bought on eBay where it was considerably cheaper and he absolutely loves it, the mechanical keys, flashing lights and speed he can type are all fantastic. Lets hope it lasts the distance to justify the price...

I don't however like the font on the keys, it makes it a lot harder to read the actual letters than a standard keyboard.

William Lu
William LuSouth Australia, 50005 posts

Froothie Support
Froothie SupportMelbourne3 posts

jafo
jafoWA, 61013 posts

Razer BWU

This is a great keyboard but please check.

I bought this keyboard and had to return it. After bringing it home I discovered that the keyboard was wonky on my desk, with and without the legs extended. I believe the keyboard may have been warped. I took it bacl and got a replacement, but tested 2 two other before I found a good one.

The guys at Austin Computers in Innaloo WA couldn't believe it.

I still recommend the BWU, But do surgest testing for the warped issue that I experienced.

I contacted the guys at Razer whp were more then happy to listen.
Solid Keyboard