Remington HC70 Personal Haircut Kit

Remington HC70 Personal Haircut Kit

HC70 and HC70A

See the Best Men's Hair Trimmers / Personal Groomers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Hopeless

Tugs my husband's hair and does not blend on close cut that his hair requires...total rubbish and no comparison to our old remington hair clippers which only died after almost 20 years!

Purchased in January 2019 at Briscoes for $49.00.

Rubbish

UPDATE: I changed my mind on these clippers after several months of use. Previous review below. I initially upgraded to these clippers after using a personal groomer for my hair, so naturally thought they were an improvement. However, after using them for a longer period of time I've come to realise these are complete rubbish. I can run the clippers through my hair and have *no* hair removed. Other times, it will pull and tug at my hair, ripping it out rather than cutting it. It takes me 30 mins to cut my hair from 1" to 1/2" because I have to go over the same areas over and over again. And I'm usually left with patches that the clippers just won't cut. They are lightweight and inexpensive but not worth it IMO.

------------

I bought these clippers after returning a poor quality, broken upon delivery but much more expensive Wahl set. I was pleasantly surprised at the price and quality. The clipper guards are fairly firm and seem like they would stand up to a lot of use. The clippers themselves are lightweight and easy to use. It comes with plenty of accessories, including a few sizes of guards, scissors (which are rubbish), a brush to clean the clippers, oil and a cape.

So far they produce an easy shave. My only note of caution is that the clippers do have a cord which may be unwieldily for some. It is quite short so if you do not have close access to a power point (and I mean close!) you will need an extension cord.

Don't do it.

Worst clippers ever.
Ripped out more hair then it cut. Spent 45 minutes struggling with this machine to clip my hair, adjusted the blades several times trying to fix the lack of cutting issue.
Finally had to resort to using a facial hair groomer to finish the job. You would have better luck using a sharpened rock to cut your hair.

A good wee unit

Bought today for NZ$20. I am somewhat suspicious of Remington products, but this feels solid, performs well and has a 2 year warranty. Easy to use, and no complaints. The only thing would be the packaging (need to cut and fight hard to get in!), and the absence of a bag etc to store multiple bits. Oh, and the scissors aren't up to much - but at that price, hardly surprising. Overall, very pleased.

Great for grooming dogs

I paid $14 at Harvey norman-used to cost $19. My dogs are fuffy maltese and I use the No 1 and 2 to trim their hair in summer. Saves $70 each at the dog groomers. My unit is now 1 yr old and still sharp but I regularly oil the blades during use.

It's a Snip

I've been cutting my husband's hair for years (I'm not a hairdresser) and last year had to buy a new set of clippers. I chose the Remington brand and have found them very easy to use. The kit comes with 5 different sizes of trimming guides, a cleaning brush, 2 combs, scissors, cape and lubricating oil. All you need to get started.

I oil the blades each time I use them with the oil that came with the kit or sewing machine oil as that works well too. If you don't oil them, you might have trouble with the blade pulling on the hair which isn't very comfortable for the person having their hair cut. I clean the blades with the brush provided after each use.

The only problem I've had is attaching the guides which seem a bit fiddly.

When you take the blades off the Remington trimmer how do you reattach the blades? I have had previous experience with a different brand of hair trimmer and the blades were impossible to reattach?
I haven't needed to remove the blades as yet - I make sure I clean them with a soft brush after every use and oil them as required and they work perfectly each time.

Remington HC70Remington HC70A
CategoryMen's Hair Trimmers / Personal GroomersMen's Hair Trimmers / Personal Groomers
Price (RRP)$49