Remington HC70 Personal Haircut Kit

Remington HC70 Personal Haircut Kit

HC70, HC70A

2.7

• Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (1)
Danny.i

Danny.iSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does the job

Just bought it and used it today, I found it comfortable enough considering it was purchased for $12.75 and not $20 or $50.
I am quite satisfied with the closeness of the cut and can always use the no.1 attachment if I need a closer cut.
I use all the attachments including the oil for the blades. One thing to note is to maintain the blades with the oil otherwise the quality of the cut it not as good. In the past with these models I have used argan oil when the oil given has run out.

Purchased in December 2019 at Big W for A$12.75.

Causes Irritation No
Trish

Trish

Hopeless

Tugs my husband's hair and does not blend on close cut that his hair requires...total rubbish and no comparison to our old remington hair clippers which only died after almost 20 years!

Purchased in January 2019 at Briscoes for A$49.00.

Siobhan S

Siobhan S

Rubbish

Men's Hair Trimmers / Personal Groomers

Find out how Remington HC70 Personal Haircut Kit compares to other Men's Hair Trimmers / Personal Groomers

Don't do it.

Worst clippers ever.
Ripped out more hair then it cut. Spent 45 minutes struggling with this machine to clip my hair, adjusted the blades several times trying to fix the lack of cutting issue.
Finally had to resort to using a facial hair groomer to finish the job. You would have better luck using a sharpened rock to cut your hair.

A good wee unit

Bought today for NZ$20. I am somewhat suspicious of Remington products, but this feels solid, performs well and has a 2 year warranty. Easy to use, and no complaints. The only thing would be the packaging (need to cut and fight hard to get in!), and the absence of a bag etc to store multiple bits. Oh, and the scissors aren't up to much - but at that price, hardly surprising. Overall, very pleased.

pinky rider

pinky ridermaroochydore

Great for grooming dogs

I paid $14 at Harvey norman-used to cost $19. My dogs are fuffy maltese and I use the No 1 and 2 to trim their hair in summer. Saves $70 each at the dog groomers. My unit is now 1 yr old and still sharp but I regularly oil the blades during use.

IreneFVictoria, 3136

It's a Snip

I've been cutting my husband's hair for years (I'm not a hairdresser) and last year had to buy a new set of clippers. I chose the Remington brand and have found them very easy to use. The kit comes with 5 different sizes of trimming guides, a cleaning brush, 2 combs, scissors, cape and lubricating oil. All you need to get started.

I oil the blades each time I use them with the oil that came with the kit or sewing machine oil as that works well too. If you don't oil them, you might have trouble with the blade pulling on the hair which isn't very comfortable for the person having their hair cut. I clean the blades with the brush provided after each use.

The only problem I've had is attaching the guides which seem a bit fiddly.

Philip C

Philip Casked

HC70 Personal Haircut Kit

When you take the blades off the Remington trimmer how do you reattach the blades? I have had previous experience with a different brand of hair trimmer and the blades were impossible to reattach?

IreneF

I haven't needed to remove the blades as yet - I make sure I clean them with a soft brush after every use and oil them as required and they work perfectly each time.

Get an answer from our members and Remington representatives