X62, X70
See the Best Vans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Renault? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features

zac
zacSydney, NSW

0/10 dangerously poor design.

There’s too many things about this vehicle that annoy me to list them all. If you’re looking for a vehicle that’s unique for the sake of it rather than to make any improvements then this is the one.

Purchased in April 2021.

Bugs
BugsBowral nsw

Gear box problem

New Dec ‘20. When stopping trans would take over & select N or Drv3 would not allow acceleration..twice back to Cairns from Cooktown..10 days wait for pump..very scary for a senior solo lady when it selected neutral 1/2 way up one of steepest narrow roads in Oz. If I turned it off n on I could select Drive but then it started to stay in 1st or 2 Nd gear. Still waiting for girl to ph me back from head office since July.

Purchased in March 2021.

Jeff
JeffGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

totally agree

I own a Renault Master Cab Chassis 2018 2.3 Turbo Diesel 6 speed auto 22,500 klms on the clock.
I had the same issue with the Gearbox stuck in Neutral. Its turns out after a Diagnostic examination
that hydro service pump has to be replaced because they cannot repair the seals???? Its like a car that may have a puncture, so lets throw the wheel away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purchased in July 2020.

Brad
BradMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Avoid it at all costs...

This is by far the worst vehicle I’ve ever driven, coming from 25+ years in the transport industry!!! The automated transmission in theses things is the worst design and technology with stalling from stand still to not knowing which gear it wants down hill chopping and changing from low to a higher gear!! The seaty position is appalling with on up and down adjustment on the steering column. We too have had our work van in and out of the dealership repairing and replaCing the sliding passenger door to still be playing up!! The people mover is an absolute embarrassment to the Renault brand... cheap for a reason, avoid it at all costs...

Purchased in January 2019.

Paul M.
Paul M.South East Queensland, QLD

After Sales Service Absolutely Terrible

After sales service is rubbish, my service centre is Springwood Qld they are rude and do not help at all, there head office is also no help, I have had my own business for 10 years and I have never dealt a company that have treated a customer in this type of way, they never call me back, lie and don't fix your van properly, get them to look at it the other day and there was a pump that was not plugged back in under the engine, dont waste your time buying one of these piece of crap!

Purchased for $42,750.00.

Bali N.
Bali N.South East Queensland, QLD

It is a good van but mechanical improvements required.

Purchased in August 2020.

Mei Na D.
Mei Na D.Sydney, NSW

Terrible service terrible head office

I had purchased master van on17/1/20 and I just had service on August. After first service,I had experienced engine off more 4 times in one month. And reported each time but the serviceman was not really care. I reported to head office but reply is very delay. Untill now, the issue still is not fixed. Waste my time and money. I have done 3times service in a month. Now loss job and loss money . No any answer. Be careful

Purchased in January 2020 at McCarroll's Automotive Group for $46,850.00.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

My gear box issue

I have had a gearbox issue shown up on my renault master 2015 and now the mechanic says it the hydro robotic issues and its going to cost me an arm and a leg can anybody help or guide me to a solution to this hefty bill i am going to get

Purchased in June 2018 for $22,000.00.

Ryan
RyanIllawarra, NSW

Towbar

Struggling to get a after market towbar no one can give me a Hayman Reece code the vehicle is a 1/2020 jayco rm19-1 does anyone know if the year older one fits it’s also Rwd

Purchased in March 2020.

Peter
PeterGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great van with manual 5 speed gearbox

Renaut Master is great and reliable with a 5 speeds manual gearbox. Forget the semi-auto as it will send you broke....I use this van everyday and never had any issues or problems with the manual gearbox. I have now done 180 000 KMS from new and not a problem , just replaced a water pump and brake rotors twice but that is normal maintenance.. A great and easy vehicle for loading heavy cargo

dissapointed
dissapointedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gear problems

TransmissionAutomatic
BoughtUsed

2008 Renault Master Van

Purchased at Ford Dealers.

scottdooley1970
scottdooley1970Sydney, NSW

Renault refuse gearbox warranty claim

I have had an ongoing gearbox problem since the warranty period. Now it's out of warranty Renault is refusing to repair it! I have pointed out that I have been dealing with this problem for three years and now this problem had become dangerous I have sort to have the problem fixed. The gearbox won't select a gear and I'm stuck in the traffic. Apparently this is a gearbox problem with the earlier models , mines a 2012 model!

Purchased in March 2013 for $40,000.00.

Gaz f
Gaz f

Brand new Renault master no aircon

I brought motorhome and its built on Renault master, found out later aircon doesn't work was told by pary Renault the part would take 2 weeks to get here from France, now they are saying another 2 weeks I can not believe they have no spare parts in Australia. I'm not a very happy customer especially living in townsvile where aircon is a must all year round, the van is only 5 weeks old and has been sitting in my driveway for 4 of them.

BodyCab Chassis
Date PurchasedOct 2018
sydneyo
sydneyo

Motorhome base

Very happy with the Mater cab chassis. Had it for two years and done 20,000 kms with zero issues. Capped price servicing is good at the $349 price I qualified for when I bought mine. Only issue I have is occasionally have to have more than one attempt to engage resverse gear - only a slight annoyance and reminds me of manual gearboxes of days gone by.

BodyCab Chassis
Date PurchasedAug 2016

Graeme S.
Graeme S.asked
Master

Am I right in assuming that there is no park mode in the auto gearbox of the Renault Master 2021 series?
The handbrake is the only method of securing the vehicle

Richard H.

That’s correct, weird hey. Would have actually thought it unroadworthy in days gone by as park brake was one check they did

EggChair J.asked
Master

Hi please help with opinions. Looking for a van to do deliveries, found a lwd renault master bus 2016. We need to finance the lot so wouldn't have $ for costly repairs or gearbox replacement. Please let me know your thoughts on this van, before I visited this site I've heard nothing but good, but now I see real feedback it looks scary. Please help. We are in a hurry to get deliveries out. My email [Personal Details Removed] Regards and thanks in advance John.

Joshua D.
Joshua D.

Great van much better than hiace or smaller vans used all over europe will go the distance

Richard H.

Good van apart from the auto, it’s a piece of outdated crap. Get a manual and you’ll be fine. $8000 later and my auto still isn’t fixed

Marek P.
Marek P.asked
Master

When I need to do gear box service?

rob14
rob14

The autos don't need alot of servicing as they are just a manual gearbox with a hydraulic module that changes the gears automatically. Alot of time when the auto gearbox has "failed" its just a worn clutch plate so the gearbox cant engage and starts throwing up errors. Usually happens 180,000-250,000km. Fit an new clutch kit, and usually as good as new. Also for those backing up hills with the heavy loads. Push the KG button on the dash. It changes the clutch engagement for heavy loads, and may improve things.

EggChair J.

Hi Rob can I ask if your a mechanic or own the same van? We are struggling our foton blew up now looking at getting a loan to buy a 2016 master bus lwb. Want to rip out the seats and use for delivering. The van has 80,000klm on it. Wonder your opinion compared to a small Mitsubishi express van at only few thousand more but much smaller carry space. Thanks for your time, not sure how this site works if you could email me or text/call would appreciate your feedback. [Personal Details Removed]

Compare both Renault Master