X62, X70

• Features

Jeff

JeffGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

totally agree

I own a Renault Master Cab Chassis 2018 2.3 Turbo Diesel 6 speed auto 22,500 klms on the clock.
I had the same issue with the Gearbox stuck in Neutral. Its turns out after a Diagnostic examination
that hydro service pump has to be replaced because they cannot repair the seals???? Its like a car that may have a puncture, so lets throw the wheel away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purchased in July 2020.

Brad

BradMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Avoid it at all costs...

This is by far the worst vehicle I’ve ever driven, coming from 25+ years in the transport industry!!! The automated transmission in theses things is the worst design and technology with stalling from stand still to not knowing which gear it wants down hill chopping and changing from low to a higher gear!! The seaty position is appalling with on up and down adjustment on the steering column. We too have had our work van in and out of the dealership repairing and replaCing the sliding passenger door to still be playing up!! The people mover is an absolute embarrassment to the Renault brand... cheap for a reason, avoid it at all costs...

Purchased in January 2019.

Paul M.

Paul M.South East Queensland, QLD

After Sales Service Absolutely Terrible

After sales service is rubbish, my service centre is Springwood Qld they are rude and do not help at all, there head office is also no help, I have had my own business for 10 years and I have never dealt a company that have treated a customer in this type of way, they never call me back, lie and don't fix your van properly, get them to look at it the other day and there was a pump that was not plugged back in under the engine, dont waste your time buying one of these piece of crap!

Purchased for $42,750.00.

Bali N.

Bali N.South East Queensland, QLD

It is a good van but mechanical improvements required.

Purchased in August 2020.

Mei Na D.

Mei Na D.Sydney, NSW

Terrible service terrible head office

I had purchased master van on17/1/20 and I just had service on August. After first service,I had experienced engine off more 4 times in one month. And reported each time but the serviceman was not really care. I reported to head office but reply is very delay. Untill now, the issue still is not fixed. Waste my time and money. I have done 3times service in a month. Now loss job and loss money . No any answer. Be careful

Purchased in January 2020 at McCarroll's Automotive Group for $46,850.00.

My gear box issue

I have had a gearbox issue shown up on my renault master 2015 and now the mechanic says it the hydro robotic issues and its going to cost me an arm and a leg can anybody help or guide me to a solution to this hefty bill i am going to get

Purchased in June 2018 for $22,000.00.

Ryan

RyanIllawarra, NSW

Towbar

Struggling to get a after market towbar no one can give me a Hayman Reece code the vehicle is a 1/2020 jayco rm19-1 does anyone know if the year older one fits it’s also Rwd

Purchased in March 2020.

Peter

PeterGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great van with manual 5 speed gearbox

Renaut Master is great and reliable with a 5 speeds manual gearbox. Forget the semi-auto as it will send you broke....I use this van everyday and never had any issues or problems with the manual gearbox. I have now done 180 000 KMS from new and not a problem , just replaced a water pump and brake rotors twice but that is normal maintenance.. A great and easy vehicle for loading heavy cargo

dissapointed

dissapointedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gear problems

TransmissionAutomatic
BoughtUsed

2008 Renault Master Van

Purchased at Ford Dealers.

scottdooley1970

scottdooley1970Sydney, NSW

Renault refuse gearbox warranty claim

I have had an ongoing gearbox problem since the warranty period. Now it's out of warranty Renault is refusing to repair it! I have pointed out that I have been dealing with this problem for three years and now this problem had become dangerous I have sort to have the problem fixed. The gearbox won't select a gear and I'm stuck in the traffic. Apparently this is a gearbox problem with the earlier models , mines a 2012 model!

Purchased in March 2013 for $40,000.00.

Gaz f

Gaz f

Brand new Renault master no aircon

I brought motorhome and its built on Renault master, found out later aircon doesn't work was told by pary Renault the part would take 2 weeks to get here from France, now they are saying another 2 weeks I can not believe they have no spare parts in Australia. I'm not a very happy customer especially living in townsvile where aircon is a must all year round, the van is only 5 weeks old and has been sitting in my driveway for 4 of them.

BodyCab Chassis
Badge100.000
Date PurchasedOct 2018
sydneyo

sydneyo

Motorhome base

Very happy with the Mater cab chassis. Had it for two years and done 20,000 kms with zero issues. Capped price servicing is good at the $349 price I qualified for when I bought mine. Only issue I have is occasionally have to have more than one attempt to engage resverse gear - only a slight annoyance and reminds me of manual gearboxes of days gone by.

BodyCab Chassis
WheelbaseExtra Long
Date PurchasedAug 2016
Thomas

ThomasSydney, NSW

MotorHome

Very efficient. No problems so far. 15000kms and no issues except cant turn off lights. I’m told it’s standard in Europe but I drive a Citroen car same age and lights go off. Even though it’s a large MotorHome it handles like a normal van. For its size it’s surprisingly fuel efficient.

Body?
BadgeIntegral
Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Mark b

Mark bMaitland

Great van but dealers are rip offs

Engine and transmission manual is great very powerful gearbox is a bit noisy
Renault Australia services are very expensive $759 for a oil change laughable when questioned they said oh we use genuine parts the dual mass flywheel just failed it’s under warranty however if they pull it down and find something else there price for new flywheel and clutch Is $7500 the clutch place is $2300 same genuine parts so of course I could not trust Renault to replace so had to fork out of own pocket the side plastic bumper still came off $280 from Renault $31 on eBay for a genuine part now come on I think I’ll buy a vw next time what a shame but I do 100 000 km a year and can’t offord there ridiculous prices on parts and services

Engine Size2.3L Twin-Turbo
Date PurchasedMay 2016

NIck lh

NIck lhBrisbane

Rubbish van

Rubbish. Door handle fell off, central locking failed, could not lock sliding doors for two weeks, blue tooth and rear camera failed, paint peeled off both sliding door rails. Replaced under warranty but they scratched the paint work when replaced, the orange paint has gone chalky and powdery. Scallops in passenger rear tyre due to suspension issues. “This issue was brought to my attention buy a Renault mechanic who I did some work for”. Promises from customer service to get independent paint specialist to look at. Village motors in north lakes could not care less! Will engage fair trading now.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Leigh

LeighMelbourne

Avoid at all costs. Worst commercial Van to own, repetitive ongoing major faults and issues

Date PurchasedNov 2013

A total nightmare...don't buy a renault....ever.

BadgeXtra long
WheelbaseExtra Long
Date PurchasedSept 2016

expensive to maintain tyres, brake pads and rotors ,plus service every 30,000 kms

front wheel drive worst thing ever driven, turning circle need plenty of room to turn around and useless in hilly areas.interior cheap looking if use every day for work will cost a lot.i change tyres and brake pads ,rotors thee times a year where my second van is a transit only need to change once a year for same amount kms

Engine Size2.3L Twin-Turbo
Date PurchasedApr 2015
Pete

PeteNorwich

Gearbox gone

Gearbox gone at 60,000 miles back to a ford me thinks noisy van disappointed if this vehicle is going to cost a fortune to keep on the road only had 3 months dealer says it is common fault with Renault gearboxes so buyers beware will be bogging back to a transit cheaper to repair and more reliable.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Graeme S.

Graeme S.asked

Master

Am I right in assuming that there is no park mode in the auto gearbox of the Renault Master 2021 series?
The handbrake is the only method of securing the vehicle

EggChair J.asked

Master

Hi please help with opinions. Looking for a van to do deliveries, found a lwd renault master bus 2016. We need to finance the lot so wouldn't have $ for costly repairs or gearbox replacement. Please let me know your thoughts on this van, before I visited this site I've heard nothing but good, but now I see real feedback it looks scary. Please help. We are in a hurry to get deliveries out. My email [Personal Details Removed] Regards and thanks in advance John.

Marek P.

Marek P.asked

Master

When I need to do gear box service?

rob14
rob14

The autos don't need alot of servicing as they are just a manual gearbox with a hydraulic module that changes the gears automatically. Alot of time when the auto gearbox has "failed" its just a worn clutch plate so the gearbox cant engage and starts throwing up errors. Usually happens 180,000-250,000km. Fit an new clutch kit, and usually as good as new. Also for those backing up hills with the heavy loads. Push the KG button on the dash. It changes the clutch engagement for heavy loads, and may improve things.

EggChair J.

Hi Rob can I ask if your a mechanic or own the same van? We are struggling our foton blew up now looking at getting a loan to buy a 2016 master bus lwb. Want to rip out the seats and use for delivering. The van has 80,000klm on it. Wonder your opinion compared to a small Mitsubishi express van at only few thousand more but much smaller carry space. Thanks for your time, not sure how this site works if you could email me or text/call would appreciate your feedback. [Personal Details Removed]

Compare both Renault Master