Renault Master X62

Renault Master X62 (2011-2021)

Also referred to as: Renault Master X62 2020 and Renault Master X62 2022.
See the Best Vans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Renault? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features

zac
zacSydney, NSW

0/10 dangerously poor design.

There’s too many things about this vehicle that annoy me to list them all. If you’re looking for a vehicle that’s unique for the sake of it rather than to make any improvements then this is the one.

Purchased in April 2021.

Bugs
BugsBowral nsw

Gear box problem

New Dec ‘20. When stopping trans would take over & select N or Drv3 would not allow acceleration..twice back to Cairns from Cooktown..10 days wait for pump..very scary for a senior solo lady when it selected neutral 1/2 way up one of steepest narrow roads in Oz. If I turned it off n on I could select Drive but then it started to stay in 1st or 2 Nd gear. Still waiting for girl to ph me back from head office since July.

Purchased in March 2021.

Jeff
JeffGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

totally agree

I own a Renault Master Cab Chassis 2018 2.3 Turbo Diesel 6 speed auto 22,500 klms on the clock.
I had the same issue with the Gearbox stuck in Neutral. Its turns out after a Diagnostic examination
that hydro service pump has to be replaced because they cannot repair the seals???? Its like a car that may have a puncture, so lets throw the wheel away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purchased in July 2020.

Paul M.
Paul M.South East Queensland, QLD

After Sales Service Absolutely Terrible

After sales service is rubbish, my service centre is Springwood Qld they are rude and do not help at all, there head office is also no help, I have had my own business for 10 years and I have never dealt a company that have treated a customer in this type of way, they never call me back, lie and don't fix your van properly, get them to look at it the other day and there was a pump that was not plugged back in under the engine, dont waste your time buying one of these piece of crap!

Purchased for $42,750.00.

Bali N.
Bali N.South East Queensland, QLD

It is a good van but mechanical improvements required.

Purchased in August 2020.

My gear box issue

I have had a gearbox issue shown up on my renault master 2015 and now the mechanic says it the hydro robotic issues and its going to cost me an arm and a leg can anybody help or guide me to a solution to this hefty bill i am going to get

Purchased in June 2018 for $22,000.00.

Ryan
RyanIllawarra, NSW

Towbar

Struggling to get a after market towbar no one can give me a Hayman Reece code the vehicle is a 1/2020 jayco rm19-1 does anyone know if the year older one fits it’s also Rwd

Purchased in March 2020.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Peter
PeterGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great van with manual 5 speed gearbox

Renaut Master is great and reliable with a 5 speeds manual gearbox. Forget the semi-auto as it will send you broke....I use this van everyday and never had any issues or problems with the manual gearbox. I have now done 180 000 KMS from new and not a problem , just replaced a water pump and brake rotors twice but that is normal maintenance.. A great and easy vehicle for loading heavy cargo

dissapointed
dissapointedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gear problems

TransmissionAutomatic
BoughtUsed

scottdooley1970
scottdooley1970Sydney, NSW

Renault refuse gearbox warranty claim

I have had an ongoing gearbox problem since the warranty period. Now it's out of warranty Renault is refusing to repair it! I have pointed out that I have been dealing with this problem for three years and now this problem had become dangerous I have sort to have the problem fixed. The gearbox won't select a gear and I'm stuck in the traffic. Apparently this is a gearbox problem with the earlier models , mines a 2012 model!

Purchased in March 2013 for $40,000.00.

Gaz f
Gaz f

Brand new Renault master no aircon

I brought motorhome and its built on Renault master, found out later aircon doesn't work was told by pary Renault the part would take 2 weeks to get here from France, now they are saying another 2 weeks I can not believe they have no spare parts in Australia. I'm not a very happy customer especially living in townsvile where aircon is a must all year round, the van is only 5 weeks old and has been sitting in my driveway for 4 of them.

BodyCab Chassis
Badge100.000
WheelbaseMedium
Date PurchasedOct 2018
sydneyo
sydneyo

Motorhome base

Very happy with the Mater cab chassis. Had it for two years and done 20,000 kms with zero issues. Capped price servicing is good at the $349 price I qualified for when I bought mine. Only issue I have is occasionally have to have more than one attempt to engage resverse gear - only a slight annoyance and reminds me of manual gearboxes of days gone by.

BodyCab Chassis
WheelbaseExtra Long
Date PurchasedAug 2016

Thomas
ThomasSydney, NSW

MotorHome

Very efficient. No problems so far. 15000kms and no issues except cant turn off lights. I’m told it’s standard in Europe but I drive a Citroen car same age and lights go off. Even though it’s a large MotorHome it handles like a normal van. For its size it’s surprisingly fuel efficient.

Body?
BadgeIntegral
WheelbaseLong
Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Mark b
Mark bMaitland

Great van but dealers are rip offs

Engine and transmission manual is great very powerful gearbox is a bit noisy
Renault Australia services are very expensive $759 for a oil change laughable when questioned they said oh we use genuine parts the dual mass flywheel just failed it’s under warranty however if they pull it down and find something else there price for new flywheel and clutch Is $7500 the clutch place is $2300 same genuine parts so of course I could not trust Renault to replace so had to fork out of own pocket the side plastic bumper still came off $280 from Renault $31 on eBay for a genuine part now come on I think I’ll buy a vw next time what a shame but I do 100 000 km a year and can’t offord there ridiculous prices on parts and services

BodyVan
WheelbaseLong
TransmissionManual
Engine Size2.3L Twin-Turbo
Date PurchasedMay 2016
NIck lh
NIck lhBrisbane

Rubbish van

Rubbish. Door handle fell off, central locking failed, could not lock sliding doors for two weeks, blue tooth and rear camera failed, paint peeled off both sliding door rails. Replaced under warranty but they scratched the paint work when replaced, the orange paint has gone chalky and powdery. Scallops in passenger rear tyre due to suspension issues. “This issue was brought to my attention buy a Renault mechanic who I did some work for”. Promises from customer service to get independent paint specialist to look at. Village motors in north lakes could not care less! Will engage fair trading now.

BodyVan